-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Been getting NRA phone calls everyday for past 2 weeks,I just ignore . guess they taking us at our word ,That if Wayne Lepaierre leaves we will return sending them money , guess they hard up for money after his shennanigins .I might if they get rid of the board that enabled him

NRA Life Member
GB4

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Been getting NRA phone calls everyday for past 2 weeks,I just ignore . guess they taking us at our word ,That if Wayne Lepaierre leaves we will return sending them money , guess they hard up for money after his shennanigins .I might if they get rid of the board that enabled him

Yep the board allowed it and re-elextes WLP

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Been getting NRA phone calls everyday for past 2 weeks,I just ignore . guess they taking us at our word ,That if Wayne Lepaierre leaves we will return sending them money , guess they hard up for money after his shennanigins.

I might if they get rid of the board that enabled him

I WILL if they get rid of the board that enabled him and they seat a board that works for its members.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Block their number, no more gimmie gimmie calls

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'd love for a real live NRA rep to call me.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After their last round of political endorsements during Texas primaries, I am within 10 seconds of returning to them my Life Member certificate. They endorsed a bunch of RINOs who have been dragging their feet and obstructing the conservative agenda here in Texas, and who, to top it off embarked on the attempt to impeach and remove Attorney General Ken Paxton (America's most conservative AG)..

(It was interesting to see that GOA was endorsing true conservatives in these same races.)

Either NRA-PVF is incompetent, or they intentionally undermine conservatism. I have to go with the latter---they have consistently demonstrated that they do not intend to ever do the smallest thing that might truly threaten the boogeyman they rail against by day but feed by night.

That endorsement deal just pushed me over the edge permanently. They set fire to the organization themselves, and if it's an ash heap tomorrow then so be it. At this point I wouldn't cross the street to piss on the flames.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Aren't we far enough into this thread for the righteous lecture from a real American on how the NRA is the only thing that stands between us and total confiscation?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got another letter just yesterday thanking me for my interest in gifting the NRA by including them in my will and estate plan. They basically offered their assistance in drafting the wording to insure that my wishes are carried out. I took that to mean they wanted to be sure my legitimate heirs could not successfully contest what I would will to the NRA.

I have gotten two previous letters post Wayne LaPierre about the same subject and did not reply so I don't know why they felt I was interested.

I have a wife that I wouldn't trade for all the cows in Texas, 3 adult children, and 5 grandchildren. The NRA or any other non-profit will not get a penny from me.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NRA and TSRA pretended the constitutional carry bill would go away if they ignored it. GOA and one woman in particular kept the pressure on and stirred the grass roots to communicate their desire for passage.
I sent my representative an email telling him that I would like to see him sign on as a cosponsor. His reply was to tell me about his A+ NRA rating. He's since been outed in a recorded conversation that he was against it, but the outcry from the constituency forced him to vote for it.
Hot Wheels was the same way. And Wayne showed up at the signing. I can't stand politicians.

District 4. And we are a 2nd amendment sanctuary county.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
NRA and TSRA pretended the constitutional carry bill would go away if they ignored it. GOA and one woman in particular kept the pressure on and stirred the grass roots to communicate their desire for passage.
I sent my representative an email telling him that I would like to see him sign on as a cosponsor. His reply was to tell me about his A+ NRA rating. He's since been outed in a recorded conversation that he was against it, but the outcry from the constituency forced him to vote for it.
Hot Wheels was the same way. And Wayne showed up at the signing. I can't stand politicians.

District 4. And we are a 2nd amendment sanctuary county.

There's your proof, right there, that the NRA's "A+" rating means nothing. Nothing at all except the respondent knew how to select the correct answers in a survey.

I guess nothing has changed since the days they would endorse Harry Reid for the Nevada US Senate seat.

With friends like the NRA, who needs enemies?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Just tell a phone rep to put you on the do not call list. It's worked for me for years.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Why do you even answer the phone when the caller ID is NRA, or unknown number? Some people are their own worst enemy.

Last edited by dale06; 03/22/24.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might as well get out your ballot and mail it in. I went ahead and voted for the 4 insurgent candidates recommended by Jeff Knox They can at least keep the shenanigans exposed. Wayne will still have his 70+ board members guarding his pension.

Jeff's recommended candidates are Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and Jeff Knox.

Maybe we can eventually get the board down to about 12 that aren't controlled by the Executive VP.

Wayne sold that huge number of board members as a way to prevent a hostile takeover by anti-gun people which sounded like a good idea at the time to those who didn't see the potential for corruption with a basically impotent board.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I marked mine but haven't mailed it.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1234, 160user, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.