Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by vacrt2002
All the other Leupold "fakes" that I have ever seen, the serial number is all numbers, no letters. It appears there is a fresh counterfeit out there or at least new to me. I got screwed on a pair of them and both have the same serial number. I am only posting this in hopes that other members don't get screwed too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mount one and shoot it! Report back please.

Not a chance. In a twist of fate, the guy that sold them to me turns out to be a member here. I just want my money back and he can stick his counterfeit scopes where the sun doesn't shine. I will see if he responds to my PM.
I was just about to ask where you bought them. Was it a cheap price ? I wonder if they are a good scope?

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bad timing on my part. I was just about to list one of these. Now I will have to take a closer look.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We need to know who to avoid.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stang5021
Where did you purchase them from so we know where to avoid?

It was at a local gun show. The guy is also a member here, as well as sells on eBay and Gunbroker. I sent him a PM asking what his reputation was worth but he just read it and deleted it.
That's not good.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought a tricked out 10/22 from a friend of a friend. He was up front and told me the scope was a fake Leupold, but 6 years later, still operates just fine.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
IC B2

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
I bought a tricked out 10/22 from a friend of a friend. He was up front and told me the scope was a fake Leupold, but 6 years later, still operates just fine.

Hey, if he was honest about it I would have no hard feelings. When I brought them back to him to point out that they were a fake his response was "I never said they were a Leupold" so he knew they were fake. All through our discussions I referred to them as "Leupold's" and he never corrected me or came clean. It is sad that Brads reputation is only worth $500. Mine isn't for sale at any price.
I am going to sleep on this and decide what to do. I was hoping the seller would realize the poor judgement they exercised and decide to make it right. Other have suggested contacting Law Enforcement for "Theft by Swindle" charges. Either way, I just hate a blatant crook.

Last edited by 160user; 03/24/24.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm honestly wondering how well the knock off tracks compared to the original.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I would try and get my money back. I have a couple of them on rimfire rifles and they do good. I wouldn’t trust them on a high powered rifle. One thing if it’s off shooting at a squirrel that’s fine but a nice Buck hell no!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks for the pics and info. Good info to know and watch out for. Thanks again 160.

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It seems like my "Circle of Trust" is about the size of a Cheerio anymore.

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts

Hey, if he was honest about it I would have no hard feelings. When I brought them back to him to point out that they were a fake his response was "I never said they were a Leupold" so he knew they were fake. All through our discussions I referred to them as "Leupold's" and he never corrected me or came clean. It is sad that Brads reputation is only worth $500. Mine isn't for sale at any price.
I am going to sleep on this and decide what to do. I was hoping the seller would realize the poor judgement they exercised and decide to make it right. Other have suggested contacting Law Enforcement for "Theft by Swindle" charges. Either way, I just hate a blatant crook.

Hopefully he comes to his senses, especially being a local Minnesota guy and a member on here and other sites. Whether he realized it or not, there is still the right thing to do, him knowing it and not doing the right thing just makes it that much worse. Good luck, sucks seeing a honest person taken advantage of.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tag

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Do Leupold scopes have the "x" on each power on the power ring?.... 3x 4x 5x etc?

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oakster
Do Leupold scopes have the "x" on each power on the power ring?.... 3x 4x 5x etc?

Honestly, I am not sure. It is one of those things that you look at so often and never even notice. I look at my license plate daily but can't tell you what it is. I can tell you Brad's though.

Last edited by 160user; 03/24/24.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oakster

My Leupolds don't have X's on the individual powers.

Don't know if that's the case on all.

LHS

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I’ve seen several at local gun shows here in Ms… Called them out every time…. Couple of guys at the tables didn’t believe me….. one was on a 722 222 remington I wanted the rifle but I told the man I wouldn’t buy it with a fake Leupold on it He got upset I asked him to call Leupold and give them the serial # he would t A month later at another show same man same 722 No fake Leupold on it…. He called it was a fake He apologized to me Tried to sell me the bare rifle I passed I had already bought a different 222 I hated it for him or any one else But it’s happening Be careful The adjustment knobs on them are just different and the gold rings just don’t ha VE the same look Last one I saw was a week ago at a show Guy had it on a boat paddle ruger…. I informed him it was a fake He clearly had it la eked on his tag Leupold I told him it was a fake… he stated it was crystal clear it was a Leupold… I bet him a $100 bill it was fake and to call Leupold now to confirm it He laughed and said I’ll call them monday I came back a little while later v snapped a pic And called Leupold myself Sure as shooting It was a fake 160user I hate it for you sir I’ve bought from you before You are one of the good ones here It’s a terrible feeling for sure

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since it was a local gun show, file a police report and get it to whomever runs the gun show.

I almost bought some powder once at a gun show. All the containers had a price sticker. I lifted up a “pound” of RL15 since it wasn’t too high. It was way light and asked about it. The seller said, “I never said it was a full pound.” I despise people like that. PLEASE let us know who it is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I usually either call Leupold or email them with serial number before I purchase.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have seen a fake Zeiss too, I mounted it for a customer at LGS. I told him it was fake.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by duke61
I usually either call Leupold or email them with serial number before I purchase.

Same here. A minute of prevention..

Medics bury their mistakes..
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 20 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,051
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.