E
🚂🚂

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I’m fairly a fairly-knowledge and well-studied student of military history and a war veteran myself, but I am not omniscient.

This is a legitimate question:

I cannot think of a single conventional major military campaign between two conventional militaries (not talking about guerrilla warfare) from the beginning of WWII until February 24, 2022 where one side did not achieve air supremacy.

Is that not correct?

And furthermore, I cannot think of one example of conventional-to-conventional where the side with air supremacy lost?

That is what makes this seem like such an aberration, but also consistent with the above.

Neither side has air supremacy (as opposed to some modest air superiority), and … it is a stalemate. Unsurprising to me.

Say what you want, but, aside from all that, Russia’s inability to dominate the skies over Ukraine suggests to me that we could put scores of F22s, F35s, and B-2s over Moscow or any battleground NATO may have with Russia. That, plus the reality that Russia has an economy the size of Texas’s economy, aside from the NATO allies, suggests that a conventional war between Russia and NATO would end poorly for Russia.

But Russia has nukes. Whether they are spending the massive amounts of money to maintain those as functional, rather than just a perceived deterrent, is curious to me.

I asked my father this question some years ago. He was a nuclear scientist in NM. All he said was: "If I knew, I could not tell you."
It might help to not assign western military doctrine with Russian doctrine.

Russia is accomplishing what they want, (annexing eastern Ukraine, destruction of Ukraine as a military threat), without exposing too much of their air power.

While western (read: US) doctrine is shock and awe, start have we accomplished with that? Iraq is a mess, Afghanistan is a now well-armed mess, NATO is having to rearm at great expense, the US is adding two more countries that we are now responsible for defending and funding. Western economies are falling.

Of course, if you want, you can buy into the propaganda that everything's fine. Ol toot/tdoyka will supply the info.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I’m fairly a fairly-knowledge and well-studied student of military history and a war veteran myself, but I am not omniscient.

This is a legitimate question:

I cannot think of a single conventional major military campaign between two conventional militaries (not talking about guerrilla warfare) from the beginning of WWII until February 24, 2022 where one side did not achieve air supremacy.

Is that not correct?

And furthermore, I cannot think of one example of conventional-to-conventional where the side with air supremacy lost?

That is what makes this seem like such an aberration, but also consistent with the above.

Neither side has air supremacy (as opposed to some modest air superiority), and … it is a stalemate. Unsurprising to me.

Say what you want, but, aside from all that, Russia’s inability to dominate the skies over Ukraine suggests to me that we could put scores of F22s, F35s, and B-2s over Moscow or any battleground NATO may have with Russia. That, plus the reality that Russia has an economy the size of Texas’s economy, aside from the NATO allies, suggests that a conventional war between Russia and NATO would end poorly for Russia.

But Russia has nukes. Whether they are spending the massive amounts of money to maintain those as functional, rather than just a perceived deterrent, is curious to me.

I asked my father this question some years ago. He was a nuclear scientist in NM. All he said was: "If I knew, I could not tell you."
It might help to not assign western military doctrine with Russian doctrine.

Russia is accomplishing what they want, (annexing eastern Ukraine, destruction of Ukraine as a military threat), without exposing too much of their air power.

While western (read: US) doctrine is shock and awe, start have we accomplished with that? Iraq is a mess, Afghanistan is a now well-armed mess, NATO is having to rearm at great expense, the US is adding two more countries that we are now responsible for defending and funding. Western economies are falling.

Of course, if you want, you can buy into the propaganda that everything's fine. Ol toot/tdoyka will supply the info.
Unfortunately for Ukrainians, they weren't watching their government close enough and they allowed the CIA and people like Nuland in.
Now they are paying the price.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Orcs had a bad night in Sevastopal.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GOA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Burnsie's sister? laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Russia is disassembling cuckraine energy infrastructure as far west as Lviv, which demonstrates Russian air supremacy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Russia is disassembling cuckraine energy infrastructure as far west as Lviv, which demonstrates Russian air supremacy.

Seems to me Ukraine is giving it right back. This distallation tower seems like a good place to land a Ukrain drone.

Of course you can't provide video and you are a serial liar.

Won't buff out

Ukraine precision strikes on the towers has to be admired. Those towers need to be custom built and Ukraine is hitting Orc gas and distillate production hard.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Only a retard would think that crater came from the small warhead of an S-300.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Post a single post where my Crytal Ball was not clear and spot on.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/ukraine-conflict-updates

Riley Bailey, Christina Harward, Angelica Evans, Nicole Wolkov, and Frederick W. Kagan

March 24, 2024

dang russkies, your navy sucks!!!!

Ukrainian forces struck a Black Sea Fleet (BSF) communications center in occupied Sevastopol, Crimea, and reportedly struck an oil depot and at least partially damaged two BSF landing ships on the night of March 23.

Russian forces conducted a series of drone and missile strikes against Ukrainian energy infrastructure on the night of February 23 to 24, mainly targeting southern and western Ukraine.
Russian forces are reportedly approaching the outskirts of Chasiv Yar, Donetsk Oblast but are unlikely to threaten the settlement with encirclement or seizure in the coming months.
The seizure of Chasiv Yar would offer Russian forces limited but not insignificant operational benefits if they could achieve it.
The Islamic State’s (IS) Amaq News Agency published footage on March 23 purportedly filmed from the perspective of the attackers involved in the March 22 Crocus City Hall attack.
Russian officials proposed more anti-migrant policies in response to the Crocus City Hall attack.
Chechen Republic Head Ramzan Kadyrov expressed concerns about Russian ultranationalist reactions to the Crocus City Hall attack.
Russian forces recently made confirmed advances near Bakhmut, Avdiivka, and Donetsk City amid continued positional fighting along the entire line of contact on March 24.
Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law on March 23 establishing a legal basis for enrolling members of the All-Russian Cossack Society into the Russian military’s mobilization reserve, likely as part of ongoing crypto-mobilization and military formalization efforts.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ukraine now has 15 different types of long range drones for attacking Russian oil and gas facilities and intends to accelerate these attacks on those facilities including oil and gas fields installations, pipelines, refineries and storage facilities.

Forbes

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Russia realized that it would be fighting, equipment-wise, against the entire West, so it engaged in a war of attrition.

"Attritional wars require their own ‘Art of War’ and are fought with a ‘force-centric’ approach, unlike wars of manoeuvre which are ‘terrain-focused’. They are rooted in massive industrial capacity to enable the replacement of losses, geographical depth to absorb a series of

defeats, and technological conditions that prevent rapid ground movement. In attritional wars, military operations are shaped by a state’s ability to replace losses and generate new formations, not tactical and operational manoeuvres. The side that accepts the attritional

nature of war and focuses on destroying enemy forces rather than gaining terrain is most likely to win."

This explains Russia's "slow" progress in winning against the cuckrainians.

There are currently more daily losses in the Ukrainian army than newly mobilized men joining it.

To surrender to the Russian forces is seen as a real opportunity, and entire brigades are taking it.

Once they surrender, they are not asking to be put on prisoner exchange lists, as they'll just be sent back to the front to die.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ukraine has again struck the Russian Black Sea fleet hitting 2 navy ships and a communications center near Sevastopol. Satellite images show major damages to all 3 strikes.

Reuters BBC

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
EU will set tariffs on Russian grain at a rate of 50% to choke off Russian grain revenues.

Business Insider

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The International Institute for Strategic Studies says that Russia has lost approximately 3000 tanks since the invasion of Ukraine started. Oryx puts the loss number at 2850 tanks.

ISW

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Kalibrated
We could be looking at another major strike in the next 24hrs that may potentially involve 14-20 Tu-95s, 10 Tu-22M3s and an unknown number of Kinzhals and Ballistic missiles. All of these aircraft have been reported by Ukrainian sources to be preparing for another strike imminently.

The U.S. did suggest that Ukraine would be running out of AD by the end of March and here we are. The Russian infrastructure campaign just so happened to start in late March 🧐.

Now the EU and America are in no position to send even more aid to assist with repairs like they did in 2022/23. Russia turns off rail transport, Ukrainian logistics becomes extremely complicated and the defense begins to collapse in the east.
730views
Scott
21:54

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Page 260 of 315 1 2 258 259 260 261 262 314 315

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1Longbow, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 219DW, 56 invisible), 1,913 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,276
Posts18,525,527
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.