-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Went into Sportmans today and they had their ZTs on sale. I picked up a couple of folders, one for my boy, one for his best friend. The top is is a 0770, bottom a 0357BW.

They’re both graduating this spring. My son is going to work for my friends cable/fiber optic laying/splicing company this summer. They’re both going to join the Air Force in the fall. Figured they should have a quality pocket knife to start out with. Gonna get both knives engraved for them. As long as they don’t lose them, they should last a long time!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Went into Sportmans today and they had their ZTs on sale. I picked up a couple of folders, one for my boy, one for his best friend. The top is is a 0770, bottom a 0357BW.

They’re both graduating this spring. My son is going to work for my friends cable/fiber optic laying/splicing company this summer. They’re both going to join the Air Force in the fall. Figured they should have a quality pocket knife to start out with. Gonna get both knives engraved for them. As long as they don’t lose them, they should last a long time!

👍 Man gotta have a knife

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootem

👍 Man gotta have a knife

I find it hard to believe and understand why most young people hardly know what a pocket knife is , never mind carry one.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by shootem

👍 Man gotta have a knife

I find it hard to believe and understand why most young people hardly know what a pocket knife is , never mind carry one.

norm

No doubt! My kids have a small herd of knives, mostly because I have a large herd. Of course they can’t carry daily at school, but I encourage it otherwise. I can’t leave the house without one.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Just don't show up for basic with that in their pocket. The drill Sgt's will have 2 new knifes to add to their collection.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kwg020

Just don't show up for basic with that in their pocket. The drill Sgt's will have 2 new knifes to add to their collection.

kwg

They’ll be showing up with minimal amounts of items, that’s for sure! My buddy is a retired chief, and his brothers best friend is a retired Brigadier General. They’ve both had long sit downs with my boy getting him lined out. Don’t want to start off on the wrong foot! Haha!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Very nice gifts. Congratulations to both you and your son.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ended up bringing the top one (0770) back and getting another 0357BW. I really checked them out last night at home and much preferred the blade profile and heftiness of the 0357. They should be great everyday folders for the boys. The 20CV steel is nice and should hold a great edge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ended up bringing the top one (0770) back and getting another 0357BW. I really checked them out last night at home and much preferred the blade profile and heftiness of the 0357. They should be great everyday folders for the boys. The 20CV steel is nice and should hold a great edge.

I like the belly and point on the 0357 in the picture. You made a good choice.

My ZT w/20CV holds a great edge while still being a pretty tough edge. Sharpening takes some aggresive procedures.

Nice gifts.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I like the belly and point on the 0357 in the picture. You made a good choice.

My ZT w/20CV holds a great edge while still being a pretty tough edge. Sharpening takes some aggresive procedures.

Nice gifts.

Much better lines with the 0357, and the blade is definitely more stout. I wanted this to be something that held an edge and would withstand some abuse. Sportmans has all their ZTs on clearance right now so it wasn’t a hard decision.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a zt 452cf and it's S H A R P!!!!

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Good job.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by high_country_
I have a zt 452cf and it's S H A R P!!!!

Both of the 0357 are super sharp. I’m going to bring them to Northern Knives here in ANC to get them engraved, then probably put a finish edge on them before I give them to the boys. Probably don’t need it, but for a couple bucks, why not!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks Dad!!!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Nice

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

They’ll be showing up with minimal amounts of items, that’s for sure! My buddy is a retired chief, and his brothers best friend is a retired Brigadier General. They’ve both had long sit downs with my boy getting him lined out. Don’t want to start off on the wrong foot! Haha!

In basic training, less is more. Less talking, more paying attention. Less to carry in, less to carry out. At least the boys got it from the top on how to be successful.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You know what?

Those boys will cherish those knives and remember your gesture for the rest of their lives.

Money can't buy that...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 1936M71, 51 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,662
Posts18,474,682
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.