Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Star Wars for the win.

Star Trek is good, but has the same old story…. Find something new, let’s be friends, enemy shots first, Captain kirk says fire back (Nina). Don’t forget the gay couple in one of the last movies.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Star wars except for the 3 that came out in the middle. Jar jar binks almost ruined it all for me.

Not sure who they thought that would appeal to? May the guys behind me in the theater that talked through the whole movie.

Bb

George Lucas is his own worst enemy. With the first three movies, he had other people to rein him in. He wasn't in complete control. When he did the prequels, it was all him, and they suck. Very poorly done. I refused to watch them for many years, as they are all heavily CGI, and I never could stand CGI. I have since watched them, and still do not like them at all. They don't feel like Star Wars, they feel like some stupid superhero movie. I hate superhero movies. And then there's Jar Jar..... The poor acting, the horrible dialog, the nearly impossible to follow plot, the cutesy kid schidt, the utterly unlikeable characters, all add up to make them rather unpleasant to watch.

And then he had to go fugging around with the original three... Vindictive little arsehole, he was upset that people didn't love Jar Jar the way he did, so he inserted Jar Jar into Return of the Jedi! "How do you like your original trilogy now!" Getting ahold of the original trilogy in its original form is now rather difficult (but can be done).

I just ignore ALL the Disney schidt. Absolute woke anti-White, anti-male crap. And it just keeps getting worse and worse.

I used to watch Star Trek (the original series) and liked it pretty well. They pushed the agenda as much as they could in 1966, but it was nothing compared to later. I WANTED to like TNG, and I watched it, but it was SO bad. So much cheesy moral-of-the-story leftist utopia crap. And of course... Wesley Crusher..... ugh. They got actually a little bit better with DS9 and Voyager, but with the show "Enterprise" with Scott Bakula (Star Trek for women), holy schidt. It is beyond unbearable. "Captain Archer" is the wussiest, pansiest captain imagineable. I can't imagine how much worse it is now, and don't care.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Star Wars

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Having not watched any of these shows, I was able to lose my virginity at 15.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trek

They never addressed relativity.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Star Wars for me.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Trek! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Captain (Kill-it-or-Mate-with-it) KIRK

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BFaucett
'
I'm more of a Tripping The Rift kind of guy. grin

Gotta admit, that's some great stuff there!

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Star Trek (the original) and it isn't even close!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Each had its place.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by GeoW
Each had its place.
Star Trek later got boring IMO. The original were masterpiece

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hated Star Trek, it came on after Abbott and Costello on Sunday mornings. Had to go to school the next day, maybe this colored my perception. Still hate Sundays.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MichiGun
'
Gotta admit, that's some great stuff there!

THANKS!! [Linked Image from cloudynights.com]

Finally someone watched it and commented! grin grin

Cheers! smile

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really liked the Star Trek remakes

I haven't watched a star wars movie in forever

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
Star Wars. I think I tried when I was younger, but never made it through an episode of Star Trek.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I like both.

Loved Star Wars when I was young (Episodes IV through VI), then I-III came along. I was terrible. II wasn’t great. I actually thought III was okay. The last three were decent, even if nowhere near the first three and out of those, I thought “Empire Strikes Back” was far and away the best of all of them.

I liked Star Trek (original series, movies and crew) but as a kid in the late 70’s and early 80’s, Star Wars had much better toys.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
'

I vote for this! ^^^^^^

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Star Trek hit me in the original run in 3rd grade, and it was a perfect sweet spot for my sensibilities at the time. The same is not true of Star Wars. It was funny, but I had a best friend in 1977 who was a year younger than me. He and I saw the trailer for Star Wars and his reaction was over the top. He could think of nothing else until the movie premiered. Me? I didn't find a sweet spot in the genre of SF movies until Outland and Aliens. Star Wars was fun, but just a tad too young for me.

The Next Generation was fine with me, but as Trek has progressed, I haven't seen it age all that well. After TNG, it's been boldly going over the same old ground. However, I have to say The Inner Light, ( the one with Picard and the flute) is to me one of the great moments in TV drama.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Both.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 25 invisible), 1,946 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.