Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
You guys can say what you want because you weren't there to witness what what was said or how the transactions went. He was fine with everything and when he brought them back I asked him what he wanted to do and he ended up walking away. I have offered to trade back so it's up to him. Like I said I never looked at any of the paperwork, I looked at the second scope after he took the first but I never went over it with a fine tooth comb. I quickly checked function and clarity in between customers and it seemed like a decent scope, better then some others on the table. If they were illegal where did the original purchaser get it, he doesn't remember anything about it.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by brad6ppc
You guys can say what you want because you weren't there to witness what what was said or how the transactions went. He was fine with everything and when he brought them back I asked him what he wanted to do and he ended up walking away. I have offered to trade back so it's up to him. Like I said I never looked at any of the paperwork, I looked at the second scope after he took the first but I never went over it with a fine tooth comb. I quickly checked function and clarity in between customers and it seemed like a decent scope, better then some others on the table. If they were illegal where did the original purchaser get it, he doesn't remember anything about it.

Your defense is you assume everybody knows that they are conterfeit and you're ignorant of the fact that it is illegal to sell counterfeit wares?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I never knew anything about this whole issue, it's not like it's on the nightly news. This is only the second gun show I have set up at since 1998. The kids are all out of the house so I figured I would start going again. But after all this crap it will be my last one. I will take everything back and the veterans wife will have to figure out something else.

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

And what a genuine, heartfelt offer it is! I stand corrected guys.

If you want to drive your sorry ass down here and trade back that's fine but you better go back to every person you bad mouthed me to and go in every forum and admit you were stupid enough to not know the difference because when I get done everyone is going to know the truth about the whole transaction and not what you're telling them

Last edited by 160user; 03/25/24.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never knew anything about this whole issue, it's not like it's on the nightly news. This is only the second gun show I have set up at since 1998. The kids are all out of the house so I figured I would start going again. But after all this crap it will be my last one. I will take everything back and the veterans wife will have to figure out something else.

So you didn't know that there was an issue with fake scopes being sold? Then why did you price them so much less than genuine articles? Or did you not know that using another company's name, logo, branding, etc on a similar good was wrong?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
IC B2

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Do you see what I mean here?

I knew they weren't Leupolds and I figured he did.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I never seen Leupold anywhere on them and I never priced them that way. I was really busy taking care of people and trying to price things, answer questions and such. If I would have had more time to inspect all the items in the totes it would have helped. As soon as I started unpacking the dealers were there asking about items and the public shortly after. I was by myself doing the best I could. If you guys have never set up at a gun show, especially after so much time has passed, it was overwhelming with 3 tables full of stuff.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I made the offer to trade back repeatedly now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My ignore list groweth.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Everything is being counterfeited today not limited to , Zeiss, Swarovski, Eotech's, Leupolds, and other brands. They show up at flea markets, Ebay, and Amazon from sellers.
Evidently U.S. Customs are not doing a good job of stopping them at the port of entry.
I have no dog in this fight but I strongly suggest you 2 MEN get together and get this straightened out , whatever it takes , especially since Brad admitted to committing a crime publicly here.
A persons reputation and "friendship" are worth more than any amount of Money , and I personally would do whatever it took to make my "customer" happy , even at my own expense.
Fighting over Chinese crap is not productive or worth it.

You know you might be facing your doom if all you get is a click when you are expecting a BOOM !
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If that offer to trade back was worded that way to me I wouldn't meet with someone like that again either.

160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mrmattjohnson
If that offer to trade back was worded that way to me I wouldn't meet with someone like that again either.

Exactly! If I had an "unhappy" customer and wanted to make things right I would have taken a different approach. He is on ignore now, here and in life.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never seen Leupold anywhere on them and I never priced them that way. I was really busy taking care of people and trying to price things, answer questions and such. If I would have had more time to inspect all the items in the totes it would have helped. As soon as I started unpacking the dealers were there asking about items and the public shortly after. I was by myself doing the best I could. If you guys have never set up at a gun show, especially after so much time has passed, it was overwhelming with 3 tables full of stuff.

First you assumed he knew they were fake. Then it was "it didn't say Leupold on the box". Now "I never seen Leupold anywhere on them".

Hmmmm, ever changing story.

You sold counterfeit goods, end of discussion. You not only broke the law, but you also keep changing your story.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
He is not a customer, he is a dealer. He wanted to make some quick easy cash. He had them marked up over double what we traded for. I have offered several times to trade back no matter how it's worded. I found out he lied about the whole transaction at the gun show too. You guys can put any slant on it you want but he approached me to make the deal and I agreed to his terms and since he is not happy I have offered several times now to trade back. I will return the scopes to the wife and let her do as she wants with them. Any other issues you guys have state them now, let's settle them and move on.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by stang5021
Where did you purchase them from so we know where to avoid?

It was at a local gun show. The guy is also a member here, as well as sells on eBay and Gunbroker. I sent him a PM asking what his reputation was worth but he just read it and deleted it.

You saw them in person before buying? Were they in a sealed box or are you blind?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is not a customer, he is a dealer. He wanted to make some quick easy cash. He had them marked up over double what we traded for. I have offered several times to trade back no matter how it's worded. I found out he lied about the whole transaction at the gun show too. You guys can put any slant on it you want but he approached me to make the deal and I agreed to his terms and since he is not happy I have offered several times now to trade back. I will return the scopes to the wife and let her do as she wants with them. Any other issues you guys have state them now, let's settle them and move on.

He most certainly was your customer.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by drop_point

First you assumed he knew they were fake. Then it was "it didn't say Leupold on the box". Now "I never seen Leupold anywhere on them".

Hmmmm, ever changing story.

You sold counterfeit goods, end of discussion. You not only broke the law, but you also keep changing your story.

Both let greed cloud their judgement. There's only about 100 red flags those weren't legit Leupolds. One was hoping no one questioned it, the other was hoping to turn a profit.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I never saw Leupold anywhere on anything and I didn't advertise they were. I never knew about the fake stuff until I read about it this morning. You guys just assume that everybody knows everything you do just because you do. I haven't been around this stuff for years and so much of it looks alike. I had three spotting scopes on the table that looked so much alike you couldn't tell who the manufacturer was without looking at each one really close. Yeah I traded him and when he came back upset I asked him what he wanted to do twice and he just walked away. I could have sold the trade items but I hung onto them in case he came back wanting to trade back.

Last edited by brad6ppc; 03/25/24.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I could have sold the trade items but I hung onto them in case he came back wanting to trade back.

Wow

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
It’s poor character to knowingly and willingly sell, trade or represent a counterfeit product without full disclosure from the start! They should have never been offered at any price. That’s criminal. That’s not a judgement. That’s a fact.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, Bclark, 6 invisible), 1,149 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,686
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.