Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"I knew they weren't Leupolds and I figured he did. "

"I didn't know about this fake stuff till this morning."

These are hard statements to square up in my mind.

GB1

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by brad6ppc
I knew they weren't Leupolds and I figured he did. The word Leupold doesn't appear anywhere on the box and neither one of us even included the word in our conversation. He was looking at a quick flip for some easy cash. He looked them over and was happy with the trade. I never forced his hand and when he came back I asked him how he wanted to handle it and he just walked away. I never tried to sell the trade items I put them under the table in case he wanted to trade back. To me it was just another scope like the other dozen on the table. People looked at stuff on my tables all weekend, they asked questions, bought stuff, made offers and there was no issues. I have already made him the offer of trading back but he won't accept. I priced them at $250 with some room to accept offers and when I traded got around $200 to $225 in items at his price . A 4.5-14 Leupold new in the box is going to be $500+ and I had a couple of used Leupolds there priced in that area not in boxes. I never instigated the sale, he called the shots.

Wow... that is some lowbrow crap there. You have your tit in a wringer over stuff that wasn't even yours.

If I talk over you, I apologize. I'm afraid I will lose my train-of-thought.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think both parties here are at fault and as such they should reverse the transaction and just BE FREAKIN DONE WITH ALL OF THE CRY BABY BU@$ CHIT!! PLEASE BE ADULTS AND GET IT DONE.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brad stop talking

Get w 160 and trade back and be done with this.

I like guns | optics | fishing
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mrmattjohnson

He knew exactly what he had and knew exactly what he was doing. Otherwise, why would he have hung onto the trade items in case the other party came back and wanted to reverse the deal?

That isn't someone thinking the buyer might have buyer's remorse, that's someone thinking there's a good chance they're going to be caught.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you knew that they were knockoffs, you should have identified them that way. Not doing so looks like an overt act of dishonesty on your part to me, but I'm a real black and white guy when it comes to the truth, no gray area.

They are marked "Leupold" and most people would assume that because they are marked that way, they are what they appear to be.

Or so it seems to me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mrmattjohnson

No way to square it. He has lied in this thread.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you “didn’t know what they were” how did you come up with a price? I would assume you would glance at a scope to come up with a value for your buddy’s stuff and not give his stuff away on them. And then you traded for other stuff for them, I’m sure they gave you stuff to put out cause they wanted/needed money not to get more primers and reloading bullets. Almost sounds as if you were trying to take advantage of the giver and the receiver which you were successful at which is why your getting flamed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give it up Brad. You keep digging your hole deeper and deeper. When you keep changing your story, they call that lying.

I have seen these scopes at gun shows several times. I always have pointed out to the dealer that they are fake. They always get the same attitude and get huffy with me. I have never pointed out that it is illegal to sell them. I will the next time. If you have those scopes on your table and no signage saying they are fake, you are a crook already. And Brad, you knew they were fake.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Ok you guys won. I'm not selling any more if his stuff, I will take it back and they will have to deal with it. I made several offers to trade the stuff back to 160user and he is just happy that all you guys beat me up like you did. I won't be on this site anymore.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
6 pages because the guy that thought he was going to take the other guy and it didn't work out like he thought it would. There's NO victim here, just 2 guys that thought they were going to take the other guy! Look at the pics on page 1, the bell shows GLARE III and the bottom middle shows VX-3i, not to mention the power ring. I've had 1 transaction with Brad, and for that 1 transaction, he was stellar. Good pics, good description, talked on the phone and fast shipping. But these are 2 gunshow cowboys, period! Shame on both of you, but first and always, buyer beware!

And some of you guys sure jump to conclusions awful fast, facts be damned! So blindly believe one, and so blindly disbelieve another.

On that note, I have some Leupolds to sell. Please PM me for details!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
K
KLM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Brad:
I will ask 160user to point you out to me to ensure I never do business with you at a gun show.
IMHO, regardless of who bares what percentage of the fault, as a dealer you owe it to the buying public to let them know when you are selling fake counterfeit items. It is dealers acting like you did that gives some of you a bad name.
Thankfully I know some dealers that I can trust and they get my business.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not taking either one's side, they're both to blame. This was 2 dealers dealing, period. Too many decades of gunshows not to recognize it.

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 03/25/24.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
The biggest victim here is Leupold, another American company that has its struggles and has to deal with crooks capitalizing on their hard earned name.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Alan_C
The biggest victim here is Leupold, another American company that has its struggles and has to deal with crooks capitalizing on their hard earned name.
Amen, Brother Camper

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by brad6ppc
Ok you guys won. I'm not selling any more if his stuff, I will take it back and they will have to deal with it. I made several offers to trade the stuff back to 160user and he is just happy that all you guys beat me up like you did. I won't be on this site anymore.

Boohoo

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got burned with one last week and all of the stuff you guys are saying is giveaways, on this one is correct. probably a new and better, more accurate batch. Brad said he didn't have time to inspect them before 160 tried to BEAT the public and make a few bucks. Maybe he was in too much of a hurry to SEE what he bought. I'll eat mine, use it on a 22 or something, the guy at Leupold said they are made in the same factories as several other scopes. BUYER BEWARE. LOL

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
160, dont blame you one bit for being upset i would be too. You're spot on that he knew he was swindling you. Shame what a fella will do to make a couple buck.

I wasn't trying to call you out in any way when I mentioned about my fake, looking now i can see my post could have been taken wrong.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
160, dont blame you one bit for being upset i would be too. You're spot on that he knew he was swindling you. Shame what a fella will do to make a couple buck.

I wasn't trying to call you out in any way when I mentioned about my fake, looking now i can see my post could have been taken wrong.

I never took it that way Sir. The whole intent was to make people aware that the new fakes are far better than the old ones and to watch out for them. The seller chimed in and it turned into a urination contest so I took the afternoon off and went and tried to make some room in the garage. We are all good my friend!

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The Craigslist ad previously linked, where the seller had them listed as "Leupold..." for $250 each has been deleted some time in the last few hours. At least this thread may have saved some others from being hoodwinked.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (1_deuce, 1minute, 264mag, 17CalFan, 270cowboy, 1badf350, 28 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,065
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.