Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by DHN
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
When I was working as a body guard in Mexico, I got drunk on whiskey while listening to Linda and placed a 9mm glock to my head and pulled the trigger. It was a good primer hit but didn’t go off. I used the same round on a bad guy and it did fire. Boy, I was like a Man on Fire.

Life is a trip, right ?
Why would you put the same cartridge back in the gun when there was potential for serious use? Was ammunition that difficult to obtain?

Good grief.

Because a bullet always tells the truth.

Thanks for playing…winner !

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
When I was working as a body guard in Mexico, I got drunk on whiskey while listening to Linda and placed a 9mm glock to my head and pulled the trigger. It was a good primer hit but didn’t go off. I used the same round on a bad guy and it did fire. Boy, I was like a Man on Fire.

Life is a trip, right ?
I'm at a loss for words. Miracles come at strange times!!!

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Always had a crush on her, and Emmylou Harris

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yes

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I like her, definitely my favorite cover band. I don't recall her singing an original song after Different Drum with the Stone Ponies.

She recorded her cover of Warren Zevon's "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me" so soon after it's release there was no sheet music available. So, it was copied by ear off a record giving its difference from the original. Zevon has remarked he preferred her version over his because of it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Her singing, yes..... Her politics, Uh NO!

I did see her in an outdoor open air concert, in October when I was in college at Tanglewood in Western Massachusetts.
Back when Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops use to play. her big hit at the time was " Like a Heat Wave". After three songs they started to play that big hit for her.

She had come out on stage with a short pair of cut off jeans, a bikini top and an open cardigan sweater on. She threw her cardigan off as she started the song, and was on stage when it was about 30 degrees outside. At the end of the song, when she sang the last line " Just Like a Heat Wave", she reached behind herself and it looked like she took off her bikini top. When she finished the last line, the lights on stage go dark, and it looked like her yellow bikini top goes flying out into the crowd, highlighted by a single spot light.

The guys in the audience goes wild, and the top lands in the audience and some guy has a souvenir. Just as that happen, the lights go back on the stage, and she was standing there with her top still on, and she is twirling another bikini top just like the one she is wearing, around on her index finger.

She smiles at the audience and says in the microphone.. " Fooled them, didn't we girls!" She instantly had the entire audience in the palm of her hand. It was a 2 hour plus concert, but she had the audience pumped the entire time after her big hit at the time, " Heat Wave".

When I was in High School, my senior year over in Virginia ( 1969-70 ) the drinking age over in DC was 17 yrs and 6 months. We use to go over to a club in Georgetown, where her and the Stone Ponys where the nightly band. Was one of our most popular places to go partying over in DC, because of her. She was only about 5 ft to 5 ft 2inches tall. Kinda short.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The Lady can sing.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
As much as I like Roy Orbison, her cover of 'Blue Bayou' is better. Really showcased her voice.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here she is in concert in Atlanta in 1977. I was in Atlanta at that time but I missed the show.
What a voice! And what a piece of ass.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Simple Dreams is the title of her autobiography. She lived them purely and passionately, gave it all. Sexiest thing alive when she hit her stride, blowing the top of what female vocalists were thought capable of. An incomparable voice. A powerful, expressive soul to propel it. She wasn’t political at all then. Remarkable person of rare talent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think few were aware of her innate work drive. Practicing up to eight hours a day.

Here’s an article describing her effort to do La Boheme:

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/11/25/arts/linda-ronstadt-reaches-for-an-operatic-high-note.html

Sic Semper Tyrannis
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Saw her with Little Feat and Commander Cody.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She was also quite diverse in her singing. One of her last efforts was making Canciones de mi Padre. The culture she grew up in Tucson incorporates this music to this day. The album released in 1987 became a global smash hit. At 2½ million US sales, it stands as the biggest selling non-English language album in American record history.

Her explanation of this production:

She sure belted out a few like this one:

https://duckduckgo.com/?va=b&t=hc&q=Linda+Ronstadt+and+Mariachi+Vargas+-+La+Charreada&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DR-k4eEStQa0

and this one!

https://duckduckgo.com/?va=b&t=hc&q=Linda+Ronstadt+and+Mariachi+Vargas+-+La+Charreada&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Drn3SeUTuyEY

Last edited by Azshooter; 03/26/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good singer, but lefty kook. Nobody wants to go to a concert they paid for and hear a political activist rant. She and the Dixie Chicks come to mind.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Incredible talent, cute as a button. Big Lefty of course, but that’s almost a given in the industry.

She had a “good run” as she says, before her health problems began, much longer than most. There’s a lot of her material on YT. I binge it occasionally.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Simple Dreams is the title of her autobiography. She lived them purely and passionately, gave it all. Sexiest thing alive when she hit her stride, blowing the top of what female vocalists were thought capable of. An incomparable voice. A powerful, expressive soul to propel it. She wasn’t political at all then. Remarkable person of rare talent.

Alla that and she was hot too 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Azshooter
She was also quite diverse in her singing. One of her last efforts was making Canciones de mi Padre. The culture she grew up in Tucson incorporates this music to this day.

Mariachi music always grates on my ears, even makes a set of pipes like Linda Ronstadt’s sound harsh and strident IMHO.

They’re better in Catholic masses or at funerals when they are more subdued.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (219 Wasp, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 67 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,225
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.