Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
She had a five-octave range, which is almost unheard of. She could sing very low notes, as well as the very high notes.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Friend of mine drove a limo for a while in the 70s. Drove her from the hotel to the concert venue. Saw her without makeup. It's showbiz. But she was a good performer, and that's the job.

Had another friend who got into photography. He was into black and white and color without a flash in low light. He got a picture of her during the song with the weed, whites and wine lyrics. She had her hand up pointing with her index finger and the spotlight put her shadow on the bass drum. Several of her fans bought copies from him. I think he sent a picture to her but never heard back.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Great summary of her career, induction to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by the late Glen Frey. 31 albums 100 million records sold.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Azshooter
She was also quite diverse in her singing. One of her last efforts was making Canciones de mi Padre. The culture she grew up in Tucson incorporates this music to this day.

Mariachi music always grates on my ears, even makes a set of pipes like Linda Ronstadt’s sound harsh and strident IMHO.

They’re better in Catholic masses or at funerals when they are more subdued.

Mariachi is just one genre of Mexican music among several, and her two Canciones albums reflect that. I don't much care for mariachi either.

IIRC, she isn't fluent in Spanish, so really had to work on it to do those two albums. More tribute to her work ethic?

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Saw her in concert in Pittsburgh probably in the late 70's.

Easy's gettin' harder everyday
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Simple Dreams is the title of her autobiography. She lived them purely and passionately, gave it all. Sexiest thing alive when she hit her stride, blowing the top of what female vocalists were thought capable of. An incomparable voice. A powerful, expressive soul to propel it. She wasn’t political at all then. Remarkable person of rare talent.

Alla that and she was hot too 😎

I had such a renewed crush on her a while back, I almost sent her flowers. Sad to see her weakened state, but still cute and down to Earth. Now stoic, still modest. Binge listened to virtually all of her stuff, except Mexican and opera. Her Patsy Cline is so powerful, her voice better and equally impassioned. Not better, just respectful and true. Her sexy red see through underwear shot with the gold cross is memorable for sure, although she would never have allowed it. Annie Lebovitz betrayed her.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Yes, liked her music

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Just that. She will always be one of my favorite vocalists. With “ Your no Good” being no1. Probably the most successful female in those times.

One of my good friends (died a few years ago) wrote that song. I called him Disco Clint. He didn't like it at first, but warmed up to it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Just that. She will always be one of my favorite vocalists. With “ Your no Good” being no1. Probably the most successful female in those times.

Boomers that haven't quite caught on yet, this right here, we call this a clue.

Ironically, Clint's dog was named Boomer. He was a huge black standard poodle.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Longbob

One of my good friends (died a few years ago) wrote that song. I called him Disco Clint. He didn't like it at first, but warmed up to it.

Sorry to hear of your loss, it is a rare song that can be a hit for a number of different singers in what I think of as different genres and over many years. That is quite an accomplishment. In any case, I find it hard to pick a favorite over Dee Dee, Betty, or Linda as each appeals to a different part of me.

That song was a source of contention between my wife and I. She insisted Ronstadt was the original singer, I claimed it was Betty Everett. I discovered neither was correct when I looked it up but I claimed I was "less wrong". That didn't go over well...

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
No.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jerry Brown?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Linda could deliver a song. No one did it better. Emmylou comes close. ♥️

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
So you are Denzel?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
She is my favorite female vocalist of all time. Very, very few can cover the ground she did.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 03/26/24.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I saw her in concert many moons ago. She wore an abbreviated Girl Scout uniform . Man that tripped my trigger .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Count me in as a fan. Never liked her politics, but, damn, she was easy on the eyes and ears. Saw her, the Eagles and pure Prairie League at Mile High July 1976. Still pull out her compact discs from time to time.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Mos definitely

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Vocals, yes. Democrat dufus loser, NOPE.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nope

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (17CalFan, 1936M71, 12savage, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,980
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.