Still batting a 100 I see.

GB4

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Mayor Pete is on the way---

Pete Buttigieg is heading to Baltimore today
From CNN's Kaitlan Collins

US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg is heading to Baltimore today, a staff member with the agency confirmed to CNN.

Buttigieg spoke to Maryland Gov. Wes Moore and Baltimore Mayor Brandon M. Scott following the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge, according to a post from the secretary on X.

"Rescue efforts remain underway and drivers in the Baltimore area should follow local responder guidance on detours and response," Buttigieg wrote.
Mayor pete .will get to the bottom of this,and fill in the cracks .his butts on the line

NRA Life Member
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rem shooter

US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg is heading to Baltimore today, a staff member with the agency confirmed to CNN.

Buttigieg spoke to Maryland Gov. Wes Moore and Baltimore Mayor Brandon M. Scott following the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge, according to a post from the secretary on X.

"Rescue efforts remain underway and drivers in the Baltimore area should follow local responder guidance on detours and response," Buttigieg wrote.
Mayor pete .will get to the bottom of this,and fill in the cracks .his butts on the line

Boy that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Not. Our Governor Wes Moore is a Joe Biden lackey and a Gavin Newsom wannabe, and the Mayor of Baltimore is a clueless twit. Don't get me started on Pete Butty-gag.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by rem shooter

Boy that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Not. Our Governor Wes Moore is a Joe Biden lackey and a Gavin Newsom wannabe, and the Mayor of Baltimore is a clueless twit. Don't get me started on Pete Butty-gag.

So you're saying The Wire is a documentary?

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-76.503/centery:39.254/zoom:12

Interesting site I've followed for years.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by KC
Checking my digital maps. There's another way around that island, to the East, called Kent Narrows. Appears to be about 200 yards wide. I wonder how high that bridge is? How deep is the water?

Wrong bridge - FSK is (well, was) further north than the Bay Bridge.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I live at the intersection of Rt.50 and Rt.2/179, in the lower left quadrant of this map. I look out my 2nd floor down onto Rt.50 to the south about 200 yards away.

You can tell from this illustration how waterways (primarily the Chesapeake Bay and tributary rivers) dominate our local world. There are no straight lines "from here to there". This is the hard reality that'll dominate the coming traffic congestion due to the bridge collapse.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fox and CNN keep reporting that two have been recovered from the water, and six are missing.

I dug around and found that there are six construction workers missing. But on top of that there are 7 cars that went in to the water, no telling how many people were in those cars.

Good God had this happened at 8am there would be 200 cars in the water.

7 people, not cars. 2 rescued And there was a mayday. Bridge was closed. Had it been 08:00 the bridge would have still been closed.

But thanx for the fake drama.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Three passenger vehicles, a cement truck and another vehicle have been located in the water using infrared and sonar technology, Baltimore City Fire Chief James Wallace told CNN."

That would be a bad way to die.
The cement truck was probably there with the work crew.
Maybe the cars were theirs also? I doubt they walked up onto the bridge to go to work.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone know if this is the first time that a major U.S. port has been blocked by debris?

For instance I know that the Coronado Bridge in San Diego is built out of box sections (I actually was able to walk through them on a tour once). The rumor is that the box sections (with dogged bulkhead doors) were so designed because in the event of a bridge failure, the sections could be towed out of the way. 32nd street Naval Base is inside the bridge.

I forget the real reason for the box sections, given on the tour, but it was not because they would float. Maybe they would break up in a way so as to not impede navigation???

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
When I first saw the video this morning about 5:30 am, one thing I noticed after about the third viewing was the fact that the lights went out on the ship twice before the impact... I.e., they lost power and any steering capability.. It happens..

Just thank God the traffic at that time of night was so very light.. Prayers for all those involved..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, that won't buff out.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Thank you Jesus. The adults are now in charge.

(sarc)

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like I95 is going to get a lot busier for awhile.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Morewood
Thank you Jesus. The adults are now in charge.(sarc)

Pete's running late. Some late morning spooning with his husband.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Does anyone know if this is the first time that a major U.S. port has been blocked by debris?

For instance I know that the Coronado Bridge in San Diego is built out of box sections (I actually was able to walk through them on a tour once). The rumor is that the box sections (with dogged bulkhead doors) were so designed because in the event of a bridge failure, the sections could be towed out of the way. 32nd street Naval Base is inside the bridge.

I forget the real reason for the box sections, given on the tour, but it was not because they would float. Maybe they would break up in a way so as to not impede navigation???

Likely built that way for earthquake damage mitigation. It's a whole lot easier, faster, and more economical to replace a section or two than an entire bridge.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by Morewood
Thank you Jesus. The adults are now in charge.(sarc)

Pete's running late. Some late morning spooning with his husband.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Hope he brings his diving chit. He can see everything above water on tv.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by KC
Also there's the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal. I wonder how navigable that is?

35 feet I guess?

Wonder if we'll see a return to lighting ships in harbors by smaller operators then to get them inland?

With cars being one of the prevalent products, I don't think lightering will work very well. Same with containers. You'll likely see other ports absorb that cargo.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by RAM
Yeah, reported 3 minutes ago .

I was typing when you posted, sorry

How dare you try to out report a newshound.

Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Clearly, the only thing to do is send another $60 billion to Ukraine.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
ATTENTION

We can't spend our $$$$$ on bridge upkeep! Those $$$$$ must go to Ukraine!!

The Putin Pufters psychosis is on full display. Some of them blame Ukraine for evey thing wrong in their lives.

From the video it looks like they got the traffic stopped before the ship hit.

Wonder how long to get the channel open with all that metal/roadway on the bottom?

Is the ship in danger of sinking?

Is Mayor Pete back on maternity leave?

I doubt the ship is in danger of sinking. It's likely a double hull with a crash bulkhead and good compartmentalization to prevent progressive flooding.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Norfolk/Hampton Roads/Portsmouth going to be wide open I suppose.
Savannah too I guess.

FJB & FJT
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 2,172 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,930
Posts18,479,910
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.