Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tred1956

I wonder how much it costs Leupold to return counterfeits. Would they be justified in destroying them? Or should they require a fee to return them?

Last edited by antelopedundee; 03/26/24.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It should not cost Leupold to send back counterfeits.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rmb721

I've never sent them anything for any reason. When you send stuff in for repair is there a charge for return shipping? Do they notify you before returning anything?

Last edited by antelopedundee; 03/26/24.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antelopedundee

I've never sent them anything for any reason. When you send stuff in for repair is there a charge for return shipping? Do they notify you before returning anything?

Leupold does not charge shipping to return items in for repair or replacement if repairs can not be made. They do notify you about repairs or replacements.

You only pay the shipping to ship to Leupold.

Last edited by rmb721; 03/26/24.

NRA Endowment Member
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by brad6ppc
He is not a customer, he is a dealer. He wanted to make some quick easy cash. He had them marked up over double what we traded for. I have offered several times to trade back no matter how it's worded. I found out he lied about the whole transaction at the gun show too. You guys can put any slant on it you want but he approached me to make the deal and I agreed to his terms and since he is not happy I have offered several times now to trade back. I will return the scopes to the wife and let her do as she wants with them. Any other issues you guys have state them now, let's settle them and move on.
Well since you asked for us to state any other issues now, It is my opinion you are done on this board and have no chance to salvage your reputation. Bye.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
brad6ppc, after reading through all this you're a mfk'ing thief in my opinion.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by brad6ppc
I'm not selling any more if his stuff, I will take it back and they will have to deal with it..

OK, my question to you, Brad, is this: You offered to help a "veteran with dementia" sell stuff he could no longer use. But because of what transpired with the scopes, you are now crawfishing on that and not going to help the family. Why would you back out on your offer to help a veteran? I just don't understand how that has anything to do with what transpired between you and the OP at the gun show.

Our veterans have been crapped on enough already. Maybe another forum member in that area of MN could step in and help him out since you no longer will do so.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good point Bobby! Kinda sorta along the same line of thought I had.

Medics bury their mistakes..
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I apologize for changing gears in this thread. I don’t wish to take part in the above mentioned story, but I have a question pertaining to fakes:

What models in the Leupold lineup have been verified as fakes? VX models, mark models, HD’s etc. I would like to be better educated on the matter. Thanks

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Maybe us sellers and buyers could utilize a Leupold company confirmation # tagged with the seller to confirm it’s company backed production. Just a thought

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I think it is mostly VX models. Probably other newer models too.

I have never seen a counterfeit Vari-x model. Same with gloss scopes.

NRA Endowment Member
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I think it is mostly VX models. Probably other newer models too.

I have never seen a counterfeit Vari-x model. Same with gloss scopes.

Typically VX and Mark 4s - I've seen both.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Kenwin
What models in the Leupold lineup have been verified as fakes? VX models, mark models, HD’s etc. I would like to be better educated on the matter. Thanks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Maybe us sellers and buyers could utilize a Leupold company confirmation # tagged with the seller to confirm it’s company backed production. Just a thought

A number that could be faked?? No thanks, I'll call Leupold myself.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
While they are getting more sophisticated with making the cheap clones, it's still pretty easy to tell real from fake. If you familiarize yourself with the product line, there's no need to call Leupold or Zeiss or whoever to confirm. A little diligence is all it takes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Someone paid $746 for this used scope on gunbroker. I guess AO, red-green illumination, fonts that Zeiss never used along with numerous other red flags weren't enough to tip off the buyer.

The seller clearly called it a Zeiss.

The Leupold clones posted at the beginning of this thread are much more convincing than the Zeiss clones.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Dinny

I completely agree. I was just creating conversation in the hopes that something could be created and streamlined to curb these issues going forward.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Someone paid $746 for this used scope on gunbroker. I guess AO, red-green illumination, fonts that Zeiss never used along with numerous other red flags weren't enough to tip off the buyer.

The seller clearly called it a Zeiss.

How does GB feel about their platform being used to facilitate the sale of counterfeit items? Do they require sellers to delete such listings? I supposed that I could read their TOS. If you notify a seller directly it might be like eBay where the seller may or may not take it down.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

As much as I hate to say it, there will probably come a day where calling Leupold isn't really going to help. If you sit back and think about it, you can get around that as well. There are plenty of pics floating around of legit scopes of every model showing the serial #'s.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SquibLoad

As much as I hate to say it, there will probably come a day where calling Leupold isn't really going to help. If you sit back and think about it, you can get around that as well. There are plenty of pics floating around of legit scopes of every model showing the serial #'s.

I'll not discount that as a possibility but Leupold CS has provided enough other details about the scopes I've inquired about to satisfy my curiosity of geniuneness.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1badf350, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,591
Posts18,473,436
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.