Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So imagine both parents with a 7,8,9th grade edu and then add yourself to the mix at that level.
There are way more at the level above than what we see. Many are very hard workers that are barely making ends meet and often times it can be some unforeseen setback that puts them in dire financial straits. A place where there appears to be no way out.
Those scenarios are DR's target audience IMHO

Not that DR himself didn't go down the tubes financially before he started his FPM many years ago.
And FYI- he lost it all via RE.

FJB & FJT
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Use your words man!

I didn't understand anything of that.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Jetjockey, if not Ramsey then who do you recommend to read?

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
education
Dave Ramsey
In My Honest opinion
Financial Peace Ministry
For Your Information
Real Estate

Capeesh?

wink

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Raeford
So imagine both parents with a 7,8,9th grade edu and then add yourself to the mix at that level.
There are way more at the level above than what we see. Many are very hard workers that are barely making ends meet and often times it can be some unforeseen setback that puts them in dire financial straits. A place where there appears to be no way out.

Not that DR himself didn't go down the tubes financially before he started his FPM many years ago.

I think those education levels only exist in West Virginia, Kentucky, and the inner cities.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jetjockey

I think those education levels only exist in West Virginia, Kentucky, and the inner cities.

Believe what you will....

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RMiller2
I recommend reading Ramsey to educate yourself on his beliefs, but also Suze Orman and Clark Howard. More importantly, just do the research yourself and find out what works for you. I LOVE going to dinner and date night once a month with my wife, but Suze Orman says it’s a waste of money. I refuse to pay off my house even though Ramsey says I should. The more you research yourself the more you’ll learn and understand because there is no one size fits all 100% guarantee. Google things like “how does Warren Buffet invest,” and “what kind of car lasts the longest.” Run a compounding interest calculator, ask about why you should back door a Roth. Those kinds of things. Ask yourself whats good to spend your money on (things that go up in value) and what’s bad to spend your money on (things like cars that immediately depreciate.) Knowledge is power when it comes to this stuff. The more you know, the more you’ll understand.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Jetboi givin wealth lessons LOL😂🤣

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recommend reading Ramsey to educate yourself on his beliefs, but also Suze Orman and Clark Howard. More importantly, just do the research yourself and find out what works for you. I LOVE going to dinner and date night once a month with my wife, but Suze Orman says it’s a waste of money. I refuse to pay off my house even though Ramsey says I should. The more you research yourself the more you’ll learn and understand because there is no one size fits all 100% guarantee. Google things like “how does Warren Buffet invest,” and “what kind of car lasts the longest.” Run a compounding interest calculator, ask about why you should back door a Roth. Those kinds of things. Ask yourself whats good to spend your money on (things that go up in value) and what’s bad to spend your money on (things like cars that immediately depreciate.) Knowledge is power when it comes to this stuff. The more you know, the more you’ll understand.

Your financial prowess as you compare it to what you think of some of us is outstanding.

I'm happy for you sir.

Just remember, there may come a time where your persona will meet head on with daily reality. That's when you will need to find your heart.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

Your financial prowess as you compare it to what you think of some of us is outstanding.

I'm happy for you sir.

Just remember, there may come a time where your persona will meet head on with daily reality. That's when you will need to find your heart.

No, that’s when I need to find, and lace up my work boots. Nothing ever comes easy, and too many Americans want things given to them and to blame everyone else for their financial situation. The people I really do feel for are the people who come into health problems, and I really do feel for those people. Don’t get me started on our country’s complete failure to help those people.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Jetboi givin wealth lessons LOL😂🤣

He is quite passionate for a sockpuppet.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

I'm happy for you sir.

That is the nicest way I ever saw of telling someone to GFY!

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Jetboi is as full of schit as a Christmas turkey

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I’m sitting here smiling, because Jetboi sounds EXACTLY like Dave Ramsey. Word for word, concept for concept, exactly the same.

The pre-bankruptcy Dave Ramsey, that is. They could easily be brothers.

Like Dave Ramsey, Jetboii is one recession, one health issue, one tax change, one divorce, one child with “issues”, one lawsuit, one “pandemic” away from bankruptcy.

Youth and enthusiasm is a beautiful thing, but wisdom beats it every time.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Believe it or not, according to some sources, California only ranks higher than Puerto Rico in the percentage of the population attaining a HS diploma with 84.45%.

KY and WV are 3-4 percentage points higher than Cali.

Cali does have a good proportion of those going on to college degrees (or moving here from overseas)

Data from the Census dept, so believe what you will

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_educational_attainment

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dutch

I’m sitting here smiling, because Jetboi sounds EXACTLY like Dave Ramsey. Word for word, concept for concept, exactly the same.

Like Dave Ramsey, Jetboii is one recession, one health issue, one tax change, one divorce, one child with “issues”, one lawsuit, one “pandemic” away from bankruptcy.

I tried........

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Believe it or not, according to some sources, California only ranks higher than Puerto Rico in the percentage of the population attaining a HS diploma with 84.45%.

KY and WV are 3-4 percentage points higher than Cali.

Cali does have a good proportion of those going on to college degrees (or moving here from overseas)

Data from the Census dept, so believe what you will

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_educational_attainment

Oh to be young and naive again.

Side note: Guess which US university has more Rhodes Scholars than any other?

WVU

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Wow....and I used to think being a Rhodes Scholar was prestigious.....

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Jetboi you finished that gunroom yet

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dutch

Jetboi could sell stocks and pay off his house today not including my 6 months of salary in savings, zero debt, a fat enough 401k to probably retire tomorrow, and insurance against any health issues and not being able to work. I also married my best friend, so divorce isn’t an issue. But, that’s not the plan. The plan is to continue working until 60-65, then retire with enough money that I can draw 4-6% off my 401k and hand my kids about $4 million each when I’m gone. If that’s one recession, one health issue, one tax exchange away from bankruptcy, then our country is really screwed.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.