Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Wow....and I used to think being a Rhodes Scholar was prestigious.....
Dude,

first the comment about my dash cam needing to be waterproof,

Now basing on WV.

You feelin' alright? Caught something from my buddy slumlort?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm technically upper class, but feel middle class at best when I look at the prices of everything.

I make more then my grandparents did, combined and adjusted for inflation, and they had 20 acres in one area, 5 in another area, plus a modest house not on either of those two properties.

Looking at $700k homes that aren't anything special. Basic trucks like F150s that are $80k. Boats, Razrs, other toys... I don't feel upper class to have those things. I do see a lot of people who do and they either make a ton of $$$ or they have a ton of debt. Maybe both.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by jetjockey
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Jetboi is as full of schit as a Christmas turkey

I’m sitting here smiling, because Jetboi sounds EXACTLY like Dave Ramsey. Word for word, concept for concept, exactly the same.

The pre-bankruptcy Dave Ramsey, that is. They could easily be brothers.

Like Dave Ramsey, Jetboii is one recession, one health issue, one tax change, one divorce, one child with “issues”, one lawsuit, one “pandemic” away from bankruptcy.

Youth and enthusiasm is a beautiful thing, but wisdom beats it every time.

Jetboi could sell stocks and pay off his house today not including my 6 months of salary in savings, zero debt, a fat enough 401k to probably retire tomorrow, and insurance against any health issues and not being able to work. I also married my best friend, so divorce isn’t an issue. But, that’s not the plan. The plan is to continue working until 60-65, then retire with enough money that I can draw 4-6% off my 401k and hand my kids about $4 million each when I’m gone. If that’s one recession, one health issue, one tax exchange away from bankruptcy, then our country is really screwed.
Sounds like you could finish ur gunroom then maybe a few guns to put in it besides a empty fuqkin closet with Jimmy the talkin bass in tha wall JFC

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

I’m sitting here smiling, because Jetboi sounds EXACTLY like Dave Ramsey. Word for word, concept for concept, exactly the same.

Like Dave Ramsey, Jetboii is one recession, one health issue, one tax change, one divorce, one child with “issues”, one lawsuit, one “pandemic” away from bankruptcy.

Jetboi could sell stocks and pay off his house today not including my 6 months of salary in savings, zero debt, a fat enough 401k to probably retire tomorrow, and insurance against any health issues and not being able to work. I also married my best friend, so divorce isn’t an issue. But, that’s not the plan. The plan is to continue working until 60-65, then retire with enough money that I can draw 4-6% off my 401k and hand my kids about $4 million each when I’m gone. If that’s one recession, one health issue, one tax exchange away from bankruptcy, then our country is really screwed.
Sounds like you could finish ur gunroom then maybe a few guns to put in it besides a empty fuqkin closet with Jimmy the talkin bass in tha wall JFC

You don’t listen too well do ya? Remember when I said the GC doesnt want to start until the snow is gone and he can cut outside? Guess what, another 10” yesterday, on top of 2ft two weeks ago. Btw, I have the guns, but you can never really have too many guns.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

You don’t listen too well do ya? Remember when I said the GC doesnt want to start until the snow is gone and he can cut outside? Guess what, another 10” yesterday, on top of 2ft two weeks ago. Btw, I have the guns, but you can never really have too many guns.
What the fuqk does snow have to do with inside work does evry body in Bumfuk hibernate like you

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

What the fuqk does snow have to do with inside work does evry body in Bumfuk hibernate like you

Well, both he and I would prefer my house not get loaded with dust from the saws. So, it will be much easier to just cut outside when the weather warms up.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

Well, both he and I would prefer my house not get loaded with dust from the saws. So, it will be much easier to just cut outside when the weather warms up.
Wouldn’t want to mess up ur phaagy carpets I agree👍

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Wouldn’t want to mess up ur phaagy carpets I agree👍

Ah yes. Hand knotted Persian rugs are now “phaggy” are they?

Last edited by jetjockey; 03/26/24.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Love or hate Dave Ramsey, I'm glad he's around.

We did the Dave Ramsey FPU, it works, and I have no regrets. Still doing it, though I no longer pay to be a member. It was the best ROI I ever got for around $300 (2 years paying for his program starting mid 2018). My wife and I cleared off a little over 100K in consumer and medical debt in 1.5 years and now only owe $30K on the house.

Say what you will about DR, but we were in over our heads and needed help. The program gave us a plan, and it gave us a clear path out. We didn't have to declare bankruptcy, we didn't miss paments, and it made our marriage stronger without money problems.

The best thing was my daughter saw what we did, and we had conversations about how we as parents screwed our finances up. She now has a full-time job, lives in an apartment she pays for without roommates, drives a paid for 2006 Honda Civic, has six months of expenses in the bank,and has been contributing 15% to her own Roth IRA since she went to work the Monday after graduating high school. She has been an HVAC apprentice for three years now and will be eligible to test for journeyman in two years.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Sounds phaagy to me good luck cleanin cat schit outa those 😂

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Dude,

Now basing on WV.

a good frend tells of armmdillas with leprasee on the nose

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Dude,

Now basing on WV.

a good frend tells of armmdillas with leprasee on the nose
tru dat.

Was just lookin' back at the crackhead tree trimmer threads. Jeebus you two could be fun back in the day. Tell our friend I said hello.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m an orphan up for adoption. House trained and everything.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You obviously don't listen to Ramsey.

Or know many people across wide socioeconomic levels.

I'd bet you hang with college educated middle class and up.
The smart superior types, according to some.

It's amazing how much money some callers make, and how educated, they are.
Only to say, "Right now we are a million dollars in debt, and earning $450k/yr."

Dumbass me is thinking, "That's not a problem, live on $50k take home and not a cent more. Everything else, except 401, goes into the debt. In 5 or six years you'll be debt free and earning over $450k. You will be able to live like the (poor)rich. Because you will be there."

I've known many folks herewho lived at the poverty level.
They owned a home, even if it was a trailer.
Had a few thousand cash readily available. And could borrow pretty much by asking.

Meanwhile the smart car dealer mentioned above was moving millions per year and went flat ass broke. Declared bankruptcy, served time, and is probably still in debt to the IRS.

The poor badtards I mentioned earlier didn't graduate high school.
They ended up running businesses they built, worth tens of millions.

It's somewhat taught,
somewhat learned.
And somewhat common sense/instinct/impulse control.

Simple peddler is right on about generational poverty.
See it, know it, live amongst it.
It's almost a mental illness. Given a choice, they pick the worst option, almost overtime.

Young man, dirt poor, never had nothin.
He gets a great job somehow, making da money.
And he immediately buys the cool new car.
He WILL let his trash girlfriend drive it.
He WILL screw up the job, alcohol, attitude, or drugs.
After a year or so of making great money, if he is lucky, he keeps that now battered car. And it's all he has to show.

Seen that movie over and over.

Once in great while, one does good.
His family is pissed about his success. They continually make comment about
money, making having some sound bad.
Try to borrow, don't pay it back. "HE, don't need it!"
Pretty soon they stay away.
Family says, "He thinks he is too good for us."

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 03/26/24.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Love or hate Dave Ramsey, I'm glad he's around.

We did the Dave Ramsey FPU, it works, and I have no regrets. Still doing it, though I no longer pay to be a member. It was the best ROI I ever got for around $300 (2 years paying for his program starting mid 2018). My wife and I cleared off a little over 100K in consumer and medical debt in 1.5 years and now only owe $30K on the house.

Say what you will about DR, but we were in over our heads and needed help. The program gave us a plan, and it gave us a clear path out. We didn't have to declare bankruptcy, we didn't miss paments, and it made our marriage stronger without money problems.

The best thing was my daughter saw what we did, and we had conversations about how we as parents screwed our finances up. She now has a full-time job, lives in an apartment she pays for without roommates, drives a paid for 2006 Honda Civic, has six months of expenses in the bank,and has been contributing 15% to her own Roth IRA since she went to work the Monday after graduating high school. She has been an HVAC apprentice for three years now and will be eligible to test for journeyman in two years.

Congrats to you and family for getting your finances in good order.

Last edited by dale06; 03/27/24.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find DR advice to be great for those who have little self control or no idea about money. I also see him getting extremely rich by telling others how to spend their money. If you need his advice, take it. Otherwise deicide for yourself how to best spend your own money and manage your own finances. Debt is not necessarily a bad thing if it's good debt. If you don't know that a 72 month, 9% interest car loan is a bad idea, then yeah, listen to Ramsey.

I manage my money well. Had retirement fully funded a long time ago. The big thing though is I spend and enjoy the money I make now. The idea that I have to work like a dog and hope someday I can actually enjoy the fruits of my labor is crap. What's the point if all you do is work and be miserable.

Again though, putting people into classes based on income is stupid. It's done to divide people. Stop being part of the problem.

Kinda silly though to get into any deep, meaningful discussions on finances when half the people here don't even understand why getting a tax refund is a bad thing.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm terrible at saving money. Fritter it away buying stupid chit on the internet. So far this week, 4 deliveries. German Grocery Store, Oregon Glove Company, TopGunAmmo and Chewy.
We just had $54 worth of pig ears delivered... And I don't even like pig ears!

But luckily I make 2/3 of my yearly income in one day. So all at once I have extra 'savings', which makes it real easy to make an extra 'large' payment on our only debt(rental house).

That is my way of saving money and it amounts to about 1/3 of my yearly income(think 20 year loan done in about 7). The rest of our money we save for bills, taxes and stupid (small)stuff.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
$54 of pig ears 🤷‍♂️

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rez dog bougie chit.

When I live large we all live large.......lol

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
👍

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1234, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.