Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GRF
Originally Posted by davesonic444
I have never hunted Africa. My brother his son and i are wanting to go in 2025 or 26. Plains game, any suggestions?

Three suggestions

Hotfire Safaris in the Eastern Cape SA
Kowas Adventure Safaris near Windhoek Namibia
Byseewah near Etosha Namibia

Allow some time for touring as well

X2 for Hotfire. I’ve been there 3 times. Patrick and Ryan are both good hunters who work hard. You will actually hunt, no shooting from the truck with them. If you value the hunting experience over ritzy accommodations, you can’t go wrong with Hotfire.

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
https://somerbysafaris.com/

they exceeded my every expectation of what an African safari would be

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Thanks guys.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We, wife and I, had a great trip in 2016 with Shona Safaris hunting and sightseeing in Namibia. We, wife and I, had our first trip in 2002 with a couple of guys but I cannot recall the name of their outfit but we had a great time. In 2012 we did a family (wife and three sons) trip with Andrew at Kei River in South Africa and, again, a great trip. I had another good trip in Zim but it was for buffalo and plains game. No sense in spending that money for just plains game. I am currently working with Kowas on a sable, plains game hunt for next year. There are loads of folks out there that offer quality hunts.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by CAelknuts
Leaving in February for northern Cameroon.

It was a good hunt…

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Early September to Mozambique for buffalo. I'm seeing that there is currently some stupid problem with flying through RSA to Mozambique with a rifle. I already have quite a but of money invested in my buffalo rifle and ammo.

Hope I get to use it!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm looking forward to Mozambique Coutada 9, Buffalo and plains game hunt with Mokore Safaris in July this year. I don't believe the rifle restriction applies any more flying through RSA, that was an old restriction that re-surfaced on the internet for no good reason. Check it out Cross, and have a good hunt!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by castnblast
I'm looking forward to Mozambique Coutada 9, Buffalo and plains game hunt with Mokore Safaris in July this year. I don't believe the rifle restriction applies any more flying through RSA, that was an old restriction that re-surfaced on the internet for no good reason. Check it out Cross, and have a good hunt!

Thanks CastnBlast!

I found it on the website of my travel agent so I'm going to trust them and my outfitter to sort it out. I will use a camp rifle if I have to, just don't want to!

Have you been to Mozambique before? I'm new to Africa so this is going to be a big adventure for me.

Good luck on your hunt!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck with the rifle, it is or can be traveling with firearms but also not the same to use someone else's you're not familiar with.

I'm sure there's some really fine guns available while over there, but I haven't been impressed with what I've seen. Albeit not a huge sampling.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Good luck with the rifle, it is or can be traveling with firearms but also not the same to use someone else's you're not familiar with.

I'm sure there's some really fine guns available while over there, but I haven't been impressed with what I've seen. Albeit not a huge sampling.

Yes. This is what I've read also. I've never traveled by air internationally with a firearm so I'm counting on my outfitter and travel agents to keep me out of trouble!

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by castnblast

I had the hunt of my life in Coutada7 for bull elephant.We then briefly went and hunted in Coutada 9 for plains game.Mozambique-the part we hunted was different but special in its own way.Mokore's camp had some good food and they fed us well.

Last edited by swiftshot; 03/26/24.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This will be my 6th trip to Africa and fifth hunting safari. Never been to the same place twice, and I like it that way. There is so much to explore. I did book the Mozambique hunt with the same outfitter ( Mokore) I'd had good success with in Zimbabwe two years ago, so that eliminates some of the variables that need considering. Glad you had a good hunt swiftshot, and best wishes to you Cross!

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Headed to RSA in early June. First safari after plains game, 10 days ten species. Limpopo province just outside Kruger with Albert Aleberts PH.

K
K
Heading to Namibia for 7 days hunting 2X1 with my 15 year old son and wife in August in the Kalahari and then 2 days sightseeing in the Namib dunes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Gotta wait for another year, myself. May 2025. Buffalo and Crocodile in Zambia. Been 14 years since I hunted the Dark Continent.

Am a bit envious of those going this year.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Cross
Originally Posted by 69sportfury

Yes. This is what I've read also. I've never traveled by air internationally with a firearm so I'm counting on my outfitter and travel agents to keep me out of trouble!

making my 1st trip this spring to S.E. Africa plains game hunt we have our tickets and most of the paper work done & ready and it is a pain in the butt the paper work. take care and good luck,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You nice fellas, have me thinking.....

Going to the Dark Continent; should be explored by hunters and outdoor enthusiast.

I'm not getting any younger.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Leaving for RSA on Thursday!

C
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
@Hammerdown, I know a few outfitters over there that have been great for us if you need recommendations!

@forshoes, Safe Travels and straight shooting! Don't forget to keep us updated

@CAElkNuts, That's a great one! Congrats!

Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member Safari Club International
C
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
If anybody is looking for a massive Cape Buffalo, my outfitter friend has located a huge one in their area that he'd love to put a stalk on with a client

Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member Safari Club International
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,043
Posts18,482,094
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.