Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
257Bob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
McM stock finally arrived, original stock order was not as ordered (paint) so we started over, this stock is the Game Warden 2.0 TG, scope is 2.5-10x42, FFP, PR-1 MOA.  Since I already have a similar 308, I decided to set this one up a bit different with the FFP/MOA scope and see if I like it.  I imagine this more of a long distance target rifle but we will see, hope to get to the range this weekend to see if the new build shoots. 

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Interested in your reviews. Been looking at that scope a lot recently.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have the same stock. The LOP came in 1/2” shorter than I ordered. The trigger reach on it needs to be shortened by a good 1/4” too.

257Bob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Springcove
Seems to be pretty decent for the price, I've got mostly Leupolds so I'm not as familiar with other brands.

257Bob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
I have the same stock. The LOP came in 1/2” shorter than I ordered. The trigger reach on it needs to be shortened by a good 1/4” too.

Stock just came in yesterday, have not measured LOP but went with standard 13.5". I have large hands so have not noticed trigger pull but will spend some time with it this weekend.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Seems to be pretty decent for the price, I've got mostly Leupolds so I'm not as familiar with other brands.

I’ve looked through one a few times. Was very clear and liked the weight. Was thinking about putting one on a Pre 64 Feather weight I have in 30 06. I had the barrel and action put in a McMillion stock I bought here.

257Bob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I’ve looked through one a few times. Was very clear and liked the weight. Was thinking about putting one on a Pre 64 Feather weight I have in 30 06. I had the barrel and action put in a McMillion stock I bought here.

This scope says "tactical" to me all day and that's ok for what I intend to do with it. I have one on my Win 70 but it's a 2.5-10 5HD, a better fit for a classic like the M70. The problem with classics like the wonderful Pre 64 is that big 30mm tube scopes can seem "top heavy" and out of balance with a classic rifle. I really like a 1" tube 3.5-10x42 for a Win 70

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

This scope says "tactical" to me all day and that's ok for what I intend to do with it. I have one on my Win 70 but it's a 2.5-10 5HD, a better fit for a classic like the M70. The problem with classics like the wonderful Pre 64 is that big 30mm tube scopes can seem "top heavy" and out of balance with a classic rifle. I really like a 1" tube 3.5-10x42 for a Win 70

Appreciate the feedback. I will keep looking

257Bob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

How about this one: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102305853?pid=385031

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

How about this one: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102305853?pid=385031

I have looked at the VX3s and the VX5s. I do like the VX5 with the windplex redicle. Looking for something that light weight with the option of dialing if needed. I’m not as sneaky as I used to be…

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a couple of Mark 4s heading my way in the next couple of weeks, so I'll have a better idea of how they do soon. I liked them at SHOT. I think Leupold hit a good combination features and packaging together with these.

ILya

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was initially intrigued,but the lack of parallax control keeps me away. Hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
257Bob Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I was initially intrigued,but the lack of parallax control keeps me away. Hint.....................

Stick, I dig that but mine is a 10x max so hopeful it won't be an issue...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The 4.5-18 and higher magnification models have a side focus

Also,

Why on earth would you be the slightest bit intrigued in another Leupold scope when you tell the board that Leupolds are the biggest POS available?

🤪🤪🤪

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For me,once things hit 10x,I want finite parallax control and ideally to 10yds. Hint.

I've no interest in a 4.5-18x and would MUCH prefer a 3-12x. Hint.

I've "only" had 100's of Reupold's and simply root with more enthusiasm for them,than they do themselves. In "fairness",my Reupold MK5 HD is THE Biggest Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,I've ever suffered optically. It would be nice,if the could get something right,rather than an erector that fhuqking falls apart. It is plum fhuqking Amazing,how it fhuqking fell apart at the 50yd line. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Second attempt,was no better. If you shot the reticle alone it was fine(trio),but once the erector was touched The Schit Show continued. Hint.

Nothing else in tow,was plagued in such a fashion. Hint.

Just sayin'....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you send it back?

And again, why were you even considering buying another Leupold when your experience with them has been consistently poor?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Stick, I dig that but mine is a 10x max so hopeful it won't be an issue...

The 2.5-10x seems to have pretty good depth of field, so for typical shooting ranges you should be fine. I plan to put it on a 6.6Grendel AR and use it with and without a thermal clip-on.

I plan to look at the one and the 4.5-18x. The latter one does have sidefocus.

ILya

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Did you send it back?

And again, why were you even considering buying another Leupold when your experience with them has been consistently poor?

Lol. Half assed test on a rimfire with the rings not even set correctly. Hint.

Notice he kept it and made no attempt to return it, send it in, or sell it. Riar Rarry

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

Pardon my inabilities to even begin to fret something,that is less than a day's wages,though it fully consumes you and your Drooling Brokedicktitude...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep Whining in unison and extolling how you are Professional Victims,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunts "living" vicariously. Be SURE to start a Thread,if you ever go Outdoors this year and brace yourself for yet another EPIC Spring Fling,as I partake for 30 days straight. You WILL be glued to EVERY fhuqking word and Splendid Pixel! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ladies,

Pardon my inabilities to even begin to fret something,that is less than a day's wages,though it fully consumes you and your Drooling Brokedicktitude...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep Whining in unison and extolling how you are Professional Victims,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunts "living" vicariously. Be SURE to start a Thread,if you ever go Outdoors this year and brace yourself for yet another EPIC Spring Fling,as I partake for 30 days straight. You WILL be glued to EVERY fhuqking word and Splendid Pixel! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

Originally Posted by LiL Fish goin on Vacation providing splendid pixels!!!
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 280shooter, 2500HD, 37 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,818
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.