Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For you Accupoint using folks, do you have a strong preference in regards to their duplex vs their mil dot reticles?

Its going on a 7.62x39 or 308 carbine so I probably won't be using the mil dot feature all that much, but if its a nicer more useful reticle in general, perhaps. Or does the bolder crosshair of the duplex appeal more?

Always good to hear firsthand experiences

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The MIL dot gives me options and has no down side.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have the duplex version, but based on photos I wish the mil dot version had half mil hash marks. I think it would be much more useful as the distance between mils is pretty big. I've considered getting the mil dot version but the design has held me back.

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bowmanh
I have the duplex version, but based on photos I wish the mil dot version had half mil hash marks. I think it would be much more useful as the distance between mils is pretty big. I've considered getting the mil dot version but the design has held me back.

That would be really cool.

the mil dot looks a bit more...clean or unobtrusive? With the dot in the middle making it not matter so much that the crosshairs themselves are so thin?

Course that doesn't make it as useful as if it had smaller hashmarks like you said.

Originally Posted by TWR

Do you find the dot makes it appreciably easier to use/faster than a thin crosshaired reticle normally?

Last edited by Igloo; 03/26/24.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you’re referring to the center FO dot then yes, it is very easy to see without having to focus on crosshairs.

If you’re referring to the mil dot vs a line or hash mark, I’d prefer a line like the SWFA MIL rad reticle uses for really long range and a more precise measurement but the MIL dot is what it is and can be very useful.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd buy the Plex or the #4 if we are talking about the 3-9 with MOA Turrets. I try not to spend that much money with crossbred turrets.

That said, on the used market or for a smoking deal, I'd buy any of them because they are darn good scopes.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 007FJ
I'd buy the Plex or the #4 if we are talking about the 3-9 with MOA Turrets. I try not to spend that much money with crossbred turrets.

That said, on the used market or for a smoking deal, I'd buy any of them because they are darn good scopes.

I hear you on that one!

Talking new but about $520 US which is a pretty smoking deal for these parts.

Originally Posted by TWR
If you’re referring to the center FO dot then yes, it is very easy to see without having to focus on crosshairs.

If you’re referring to the mil dot vs a line or hash mark, I’d prefer a line like the SWFA MIL rad reticle uses for really long range and a more precise measurement but the MIL dot is what it is and can be very useful.

Yessir you got me. I was thinking that the thinner part of the crosshair that has the dots on it might be too thin to use under low light or other conditions and could use more than just 1 mil marks but like you said its still useful.

And if the center dot is still nice and bold and attention getting, cool.

Without the FO/Tritium I might be inclined to the thicker regular duplex

Last edited by Igloo; 03/26/24.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve had/have both.

My preference is for the Mil dot.

Originally Posted by TWR

^pretty much sums it up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Becoming my favorite non dialing scopes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the post on the Accupoints. Gives really fast acquisition

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for bringing it up mrfudd! I was going to mention the post and triangle too. I have the green triangle in a 3-9 x 40 Accupoint.

I didn't think much of it till I completely shaded the fiber optics and it became a very sharp black image perfect for paper. While javelina hunting a coyote ran out of some brush at 140 yds. The huge open field around the illuminated triangle was perfect for that right to left running shot, nailed him!

While I have a duplex 3-9 Accupoint and I like it, I the next accupoint I get will have another post and triangle.

IC B3

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I prefer mil-dot as well. No disadvantages compared to a duplex.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Like others, I won’t turn down any of the accupoint reticle, but the mildot is likely the most versatile and the duplex is last on my list. I’m one of the oddballs that really likes the big ass triangle….at least on the LPVs.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Simple if im shooting game on a "hold on hair" (Say 300yds and under for me) type rifle I like my Scopes as clean as possible. IMHO a guy could not do much better then a Accupoint green dot, nothing else needed. YMMV

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Since the very longest shot I will ever encounter here is 300 yards, and that not very likely except at the nearby range. I prefer the duplex with green dot. The heavy sections of the reticle come very close to the center, unlike many, many others currently out there that are the target of frequent complaints.

Great scope, and one of the lighter reliable options available. I have two, one on my Fieldcraft and the other on a Howa 6.5 Grendel.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I recently installed a green post 3-9X on my 375 H&H for an upcoming hunt. Interestingly, the founder (deceased) and now his son only use the post reticle for all of their world wide hunting.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I enjoy reading other's input on this.

My experience with the Accupoint is limited to the 3-9 mildot. Simple sight in and a little shooting showed it to be reliable on adjustments...thought the mil/moa is irksome, mental math still works for it. A little time spent with the reticle in fading light showed it to be very well implemented with the ability to change the intensity. I should pick up another Accupoint to play with on rifles I won't dial. I was surprised at how much I like it.

Said with no experience with the duplex version; if you're not going to use the measured 9x reticle, the duplex is likely more applicable to your use.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Reading EdM's input, if you consider the lit portion and it alone, it's hard to argue against the post/triangle for see/shoot. Unless you argue that at some point the tritium will fade...then you're back to lowest light visibility from subtending from bold outer posts...which comes back to duplex with the pro of 4 outer posts against background.

Like everything in life...weight what matters most, for how you'll use it most.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The triangle is awesome and very intuitive. I love them

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After trying a #4 years ago I could just never like a plex again.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (257robertsimp, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,543
Posts18,472,876
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.