-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mannlicher tells me I should go too. Is it all cash and carry or do cards work at some tables?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
There are some who do cards. It is in a Holiday Inn Express so I think they would have and ATM.

I am a cash and carry guy and personal checks.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I can hardly wait to drive around Gary and Chicago in the blizzard at zero dark thirty Friday am.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
I can hardly wait to drive around Gary and Chicago in the blizzard at zero dark thirty Friday am.
Looks like we are going, snow or no snow. We'll leave Thursday morning and choose a route based on where the snows goes. I have AWD and ABS so it may not be too awful bad. I am leaning towards heading south through Wisconsin along the Mississippi and then across over to Janesville on 14. Don't know which day(s) I will be at the show yet, that sorta depends on what Susan has planned for visiting family.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Drive safe. See you there.

Albert Einstein

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have a safe trip Tim!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Have a fun weekend. I have a lot going on so can't make it but did meet Tim there a couple years ago and ended up with another of his great knives. Safe travels and enjoy the start of "Spring".

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
Drive safe. See you there.

The trip down should be easy. The trip home will be problematic. What I saw earlier on the news was saying 16-18 inches of snow. Up here, that is not usually so much of a problem, but it can be. I think I will have everything ready here at home to handle a couple of feet, and then just hope that the plows make it through the roads at least once brfore I have to drive on them Snow ruts with six or so inches is nowhere near as bad as rutted up roads 18 inches deep. MNDOT usually gets enough plows on the roads to get a plow through every couple hours at the worst, or they just shut them down. That last two miles might be a little hard though.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, looks like the crap is coming Friday am for the drive around the lake for me.
Be safe.

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I get to drive down Thursday morning and be in the BnB before it gets there. I think that it might not be so bad coming home. Starting to sound like a lot less going to hit here. I Think I might be stuck coming Friday, noonish. I would really rather spend more time there on Saturday, but we might have to head home on Saturday to beat the storm, and the wife wants some time to visit family.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I am down in Janesville now. No snow, not rain. The roads are pre-treated. My guess is that iy won't start snowing until morning. If you have my cell number call if you want the latest info if you do not have my cell, reply here and I will call you so that you have it. If you would like some help setting up let me know and I can show up early.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks for the offers. I am pretty well organized for set up, but you are definitely welcome
to come early.
I will probably get there around 10:00 am WI time Friday.
One two wheel cart in and 6 cases to set out.

Albert Einstein

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tim, I hope you have a safe drive and a wonderful show!

Last edited by sns2; 03/21/24.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Got to meet Tim yesterday. Great person! The Badger show is HUGE! Had dinner with Tim and 4 other knife guys, but they worry me. All knife guys with access to decent blades and the use those wretched, serrated, flimsy blade, plastic handled, thing that restaurants call knives, to cut their meat. I hate those knives, and wouldn't use one to cut my asparagus, much less meat.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, it was good to get a face to face. Enjoyed the company and the jerky is pretty darn good.

Met 3 24hr guys at the show. I will let them give their own views/opinions.

I really like that show, but am glad to have the drive around the south end of the lake over with.
I had a good show and signed up for a table in 2025.

Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Put March 28,29,30 2025 on your calendar.

Albert Einstein

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Enjoyed seeing you at the show again Tim. Missed the opportunity to meet Miles58 by a whisker - maybe next year. It was a good show, but I'm a Badger Knife Club member, so maybe I'm biased. Glad you made it here and back home safely and I'll see you next year, Lord willing.

Last edited by LONEOAK; 03/27/24.

Life - and the good sense to live it!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sorry to miss connection, but with 400 miles north to go and a nasty storm coming back home in Mn I Figured getting that nifty little M4 blade from Tim I had done good and I still needed to grab some Green County Baby Swiss and Land jaeger over in Monroe. I have had more than my share of driving on 94 in ice and snow and I ran while the getting was good. Have a foot of heavy wet here but had dry roads all the way home.

I am trying to talk Tim out of a cute little thing in S35VN but he's fighting storm over in Michigan.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Always cool to put faces to names.
Looking forward to next year already.

Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 22magnut, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,797
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.