Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Dad is kickin at 89.
He had a major stroke last September, 1 month to the day after mom died.
They had been divorced for over 40 years.
Dad pulled a couple of crazies after they divorced but mom always said "at least he never left you boys, I'm thankful for that"

In a years time we went from having two parents that were still capable of providing/living on their own for their 88 & 89 years of life, to having just dad who spent 5 weeks hospitalized while recovering. He's almost back to 100% now, no walker or cane needed and speech improves every time I talk with him.
Our son is a shining star to him along with the two great grandsons.
Very happy that we still have one parent at least.

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The most common drowning involving men fishing alone happens when he stands up to pee overboard and loses his balance. Pitching in kicks the boat away, and he never catches it. Or the water is cold enough to shock him. When they find the body, his fly is open.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Where did you read that?

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Runing the outboard, wear that safety lanyard, the propeller can kill you.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My life sort of started out new again.

Any of you folks?
I didn't know your dad, so his passing didn't really affect me at all.

He asked....... laugh

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I miss mine every day. He was a complex man had his own demons. He was a lifelong trucker, bartender/bouncer in a beer joint that had an illegal gambling sideline. He provided protection and kept the peace. He did this Jan - March when his trucking firm laid him off as he was the last hire. He was a crappie fisherman extrordiane and loved to duck hunt primarily at 27 Break on the Mississippi River north of Greenville, alone. He love frog grabbing, rabbit hunting and squirrel hunting. He instilled a love for the outdoors and a strong work ethic in me. He was a powerful man, redheaded with a quick temper and fast hands. Extremely loyal to friends and underdogs. He was a master mechanic and loved fast cars and raced 32 Fords with flatheads on dirt tracks. Died of a second stroke at age 62. The first sapped his strength and left him weak on his left side. He, like Clayton Delaney, got religion in the end. He made a mark on many.

Last edited by carrollco; 03/27/24.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
WOW, some of you guys didn't have good fathers, I was lucky my father was really cool!

Here is an example:

So at 16 I get my drivers license which arrived by mail. Called my father at work and told him I can now drive a car "Legally" lol.

Later that day my father shows up at home with an unfamiliar car and says " Well since you can drive now, I need you to take the car I borrowed from a friend to get home, here is the address. Drive my car back home because it's at their house.

So I hop in the car an drive to the address my father gave me and knock on the door. A woman answers the door in the skimpiest of nightgowns with a G-String and a Frontless bra and invites me in. She says she didn't have any cash to pay for the car delivery and took me by the hand to her bedroom and screw my brains out for several hours. Then I drove my fathers car home lol.

My father also took me on hunts on private islands that he best friend owned, I really miss my father, he was my best friend!

KB

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You don’t get to choose your parents or the family you are born into.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My life sort of started out new again.

Any of you folks?
Not really. I don’t think I ever knew your dad.

M
M
Hate to hear about your dad, never had a real 1 just stepdads. Had some bad role models but I was smart enough to not follow in their footsteps, lost a part of me when mom died but have a great wife son and 2 grandkids that keep me going, got some good friends that put up with me also lol, when 1 door closes another 1 opens I have read, reckon it could be looked at it like that because directions change along with goals.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I was lucky my father was really cool!

Here is an example:

Later that day my father shows up at home with an unfamiliar car and says " Well since you can drive now, I need you to take the car I borrowed from a friend to get home, here is the address. Drive my car back home because it's at their house.

So I hop in the car an drive to the address my father gave me and knock on the door. A woman answers the door in the skimpiest of nightgowns with a G-String and a Frontless bra and invites me in. She says she didn't have any cash to pay for the car delivery and took me by the hand to her bedroom and screw my brains out for several hours. Then I drove my fathers car home lol.

NICE!!!

Now tell us about the time you were grounded while your dad was out of town on business but your step mom got wine drunk and snuck into your room and started telling you how lonely she was. One thing led to another and she told you anal wasn't cheating.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Here is an example:

an

NICE!!!

Now tell us about the time you were grounded while your dad was out of town on business but your step mom got wine drunk and snuck into your room and started telling you how lonely she was. One thing led to another and she told you anal wasn't cheating.

Unfortunately my mother and father didn't divorce until I was in my 20's so she was at home.

My father being a good looking man as well as an atheist had girlfriends everywhere.

When I got home that day after the adventure with his secretary, he said "I hope you enjoyed your reward AND DON'T TELL YOUR MOTHER!!!!!

KB

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Here is an example:

NICE!!!

Lmfao 🤣🤣🤣🤣

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I lost my Dad 8 years ago today.
I miss him.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My Dad died in 1985 from cancer, he was 42, I was 21 and oldest of five. Tough times.

My Mom is in hospice tonight. We will miss her, but she lived a good life of 81 years.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It occurred to me that I'm the last domino in the Raab chain. When I go, there's nobody to carry on the name.

Rocky, I'm about to turn 54. If you go before I do, I'll remember you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It occurred to me that I'm the last domino in the Raab chain. When I go, there's nobody to carry on the name.
www.prideangel.com

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
My Dad left this world in 1974 when he was 44 and I was 17. I miss him every day. Kinda sorta raised myself working all over the country. Not the best of early adulthood years but I learned a trade and stuck with it. Those of you that still have your Dad need to take in every second that you can with him and cherish it. He will be leaving some day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243

Here is an example:

NICE!!!

Lmfao 🤣🤣🤣🤣

LMAFO X2 laugh

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 1234, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,803
Posts18,477,480
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.