Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
The Wise and Foolish Builders

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

T1-11 is not mentioned in the Bible.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Used a lot of T1-11 in my life. Dad always used 12 OC. It will last a long time with long overhangs. But the foundation is the most important. 95 percent soil compaction is also a good measure!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
The Good Lord didn’t say anything about load bearing masonry either, but I bet he would approve! laugh

Great scripture! One of the best IMHO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
T1-11 is not mentioned in the Bible.

Of course not, it would be TI-XI
sheeesh

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cash;
Good morning my friend, I hope that you're getting decent weather out on the east side of the continent and that you're all well as we head into Easter.

Being honest here, as I attempt to do most of the time Cash, I had to look up what T1-11 was. blush

When I did, I saw we can get it up here, but the closest thing to it that I've used is a ¼" siding that's called "Barn Wall" locally.

Speaking of Biblical building or any structure built to stand the test of time, locally we seldom see anything more than about 120 years old and honestly most of our "old" buildings are from about a century ago.

Partly I believe this was because most of the log structures have now rotted away. We'll still find the remnants up hunting sometimes, but they've degraded noticeably in the past 40 years.

Then too, lumber was a premium in the early days here, so slab buildings were torn down when the towns or mining camps moved.

Just a couple blocks from where our daughter and her husband live is this church in town.

https://blastedchurch.com/story/

The Blasted Church winery is 10 minutes north of us on a backroad that we took to and from work for our entire working lives, nestled in the mountain below where we'd hunt deer and even sheep back in the day.

Anyways sir, as a builder I hope the link gives you cause to smile this morning.

All the best to you all this Easter Cash.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
The Good Lord didn’t say anything about load bearing masonry either, but I bet he would approve! laugh

Great scripture! One of the best IMHO.

Are not all masonry and cementitious products ultimately derived from rock?

"They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock."

Therein... load bearing masonry is simply an extension of the Lord's bedrock... IMHO.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
You so called christians on this site are a joke. Many here want to shoot the first person that doesn't agree with them. "Thou shall not kill". look at all the garbage talk here, look at all the ungodly videos and you say nothing to condemn it. You are all fakes and god will deal with you all in the end.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
While I draw this fleeting breath,
when My eyes shall close in death.

When I rise to worlds unknown,
and behold Thee on thy throne.

Rock of Ages cleft for me,
let me hide myself in Thee.

- Augustus Toplady

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rod2024
You so called christians on this site are a joke. Many here want to shoot the first person that doesn't agree with them. "Thou shall not kill". look at all the garbage talk here, look at all the ungodly videos and you say nothing to condemn it. You are all fakes and god will deal with you all in the end.

God will indeed deal with all of us in the end Hopseng.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Gods word will prevail in the end and all that forsake him will perish.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Cash;
Good morning my friend, I hope that you're getting decent weather out on the east side of the continent and that you're all well as we head into Easter.

Being honest here, as I attempt to do most of the time Cash, I had to look up what T1-11 was. blush

When I did, I saw we can get it up here, but the closest thing to it that I've used is a ¼" siding that's called "Barn Wall" locally.

Speaking of Biblical building or any structure built to stand the test of time, locally we seldom see anything more than about 120 years old and honestly most of our "old" buildings are from about a century ago.

Partly I believe this was because most of the log structures have now rotted away. We'll still find the remnants up hunting sometimes, but they've degraded noticeably in the past 40 years.

Then too, lumber was a premium in the early days here, so slab buildings were torn down when the towns or mining camps moved.

Just a couple blocks from where our daughter and her husband live is this church in town.

The Blasted Church winery is 10 minutes north of us on a backroad that we took to and from work for our entire working lives, nestled in the mountain below where we'd hunt deer and even sheep back in the day.

Anyways sir, as a builder I hope the link gives you cause to smile this morning.

Dwayne

"My limited understanding" of the American frontier. When the wagon trains got to their destination, the wagons were frequently dismantled and the lumber re-purposed for building houses. Or at least the framing for a soddy. When the early folks moved to a new location, if they had a wood framed house, the structure was burnt and the nails reclaimed from the ashes to be reused when building at the new location.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Cash;

Dwayne

That was a fun read...

It it was T1-11... a small firecracker would have sufficed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cash;
Good afternoon your time, I remain hopeful that despite circumstances beyond our control to the contrary, within the scope of our ability to affect it, your day remains on track and you are all well.

Harley Hatfield was quite the fellow and I want to say he might have been a member of the gun club that I've been part of for more than 40 years.

He was the dynamite man mentioned.

Here's a writeup on him.

https://www.pentictonherald.ca/life/article_a6233bf8-766b-11e7-9fc5-bb893a8da102.html

Despite what some of the revisionist woke types are attempting to foist upon us as fact, we had some very talented men and women help shape the life we enjoy here in south central BC, definitely Harley among them.

All the best to you all and again Happy Easter.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Cash;

Dwayne

"My limited understanding" of the American frontier. When the wagon trains got to their destination, the wagons were frequently dismantled and the lumber re-purposed for building houses. Or at least the framing for a soddy. When the early folks moved to a new location, if they had a wood framed house, the structure was burnt and the nails reclaimed from the ashes to be reused when building at the new location.

Orion2000;
Good morning where I'm at and I suppose good day or possibly night, regardless I hope this finds you well.

For sure there's so much that we take for granted now that the folks who first settled so much of the area didn't have access to.

My late father was born in a sod house near what is now the village of Fox Valley, SK.

Some of his boyhood memories were of an RCMP Constable coming in on a long legged horse to do the spring census which logged births and deaths for each homesteader over the winter. He remembered the horse because the ranch horses were mostly cow ponies and the work horses were draft horses, but the RCMP bred their own down by Fort Walsh and because of the long patrols bred for smooth and a fast walk/smooth trot.

The first automobile Dad saw was the RCMP doing the same thing in the late '20's.

And on the lumber part, for sure it was a two day turn around to go south to the Cypress Hills for firewood as that was the closest trees.

I'm not surprised to read that nails were reused in situations such as that, especially before easy railroad access.

I thought about a lot of that last summer when I passed by the area on the No. 1 Trans Canada Highway, in my air conditioned comfort, exceeding the posted limit but not enough to get stopped by the same RCMP force.

Thanks for the reply and Happy Easter.

Dwayne

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Happy and Blessed Easter to you and yours as well...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Rick built this place on rock....
He must have done it when he was away from home though.
Southern California rocks jiggle too much.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16gage, 204guy, 32 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,861
Posts18,497,178
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.