Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Blackie is right on point. I always walk armed in my neighborhood. My wife continues to wonder why and I hope she never finds out why I make that choice. My daughter keeps Mace with her. Have it and not need it right? The fuggin pittie would have been light out with me. A blade out between the shoulder blades is a termination with prejudice. Beyond that it’s a 9mm in the noggin. And I would sleep that night just fine thank you.

The way life should be.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Dog show? Looks like a livestock/meat auction.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Fugg pits and their chitty owners.

^

I'd say mic drop and close the thread.

Same for people? People are products of their environment. Does that mean two in the hat to all the children of gang bangers too ?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Dog show? Looks like a livestock/meat auction.

Go back to bed .........................

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Pits are bred for a purpose while people are generally created. Not a great argument but there are definitely folks out there who just need killin’.

The way life should be.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I ain't watching that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Fugg pits and their chitty owners.

^

I'd say mic drop and close the thread.

Same for people? People are products of their environment. Does that mean two in the hat to all the children of gang bangers too ?

ok

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I ain't watching that.
The Pit had a grip on the Husky's cheek, but they got him off. Nothing gruesome to watch. Could have been much worse.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ain't watching that.
I didnt watch it either. Do not need to see anymore videos of those worthless dogs hurting and killing. Im a dog guy, just not a breed that was bred to kill

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RAM
Same for people? People are products of their environment....

... and the genes they inherited from mom and dad.

Last edited by Crockettnj; 03/29/24.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5thShock
I was just thinking that.

lololol

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 5thShock
I was just thinking that.

lololol

Is funny.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
How many times have you heard a basset hound, Beagle, Collie having attacked people or other dogs and how many times a pit, or Rottweiler? Nough said!

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If there were nothing but very responsible Pit owners, we'd see far fewer attacks. They'd still attack more than any other breed by a wide margin though. Unfortunately the breed attracts trailer trash type owners. The combination compounds issues.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
If there were nothing but very responsible Pit owners, we'd see far fewer attacks. They'd still attack more than any other breed by a wide margin though. Unfortunately the breed attracts trailer trash type owners. The combination compounds issues.

Not true. Number one dog who bites? Labs. By a mile. Because there's millions of them. Pits just do more damage when they do bite.

And yes, trash will be trash.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 03/29/24.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I ain't watching that.
The Pit had a grip on the Husky's cheek, but they got him off. Nothing gruesome to watch. Could have been much worse.
Yeah, noted also. It really doesn't come off as an "attack" as much as poor handler/poor discipline.
Neither animal "seriously hurt" what ever that means. No blood. Never seen any two dogs playing where there wasn't some degree of "bite the face" wrasslin' taking place.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by saddlesore
How many times have you heard a basset hound, Beagle, Collie having attacked people or other dogs and how many times a pit, or Rottweiler? Nough said!
The reason for that is that those other breeds don't make headlines when they attack someone. It's typically a bite and a release. Pitbulls are bred (like Boxers), however, to latch on and not let go, resulting in greater harm, which results in an increased likelihood of making the news.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My little female is the most people-friendly dog I've had in a long time. She'll let the kids hold her down and blow raspberries on her belly. She does well in public, making friends with folks. Had her 2.5 years and she's never growled at a person.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

BUT... she is without a doubt the boss (in her mind) of any other animal that comes around. I live out in the sticks, so it's not too much of an issue here, plus she is not allowed to roam. I'd not really trust her around livestock, other strange/unproven dogs, or any other small animals without being on a leash. I've seen her barrel into three different big male dogs that came around and she's like a guided missile with no "quit", even when they are twice her size. I've said it before, but there's no way I'd want a big pit variant. Too much power and drive for many folks to handle. I have to admire their grit as working dogs, but they are often not worth the potential hassle.....

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Not true. Number one dog who bites? Labs. By a mile. Because there's millions of them. Pits just do more damage when they do bite.

And yes, trash will be trash.

I distinguish between a bite and an attack. But if we go with bites, this is what I came up with. https://www.dogster.com/dog-breeds/dog-breeds-that-bite-humans-most

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It's both. A breed with the propensity for vicious attacks, and owners who don't account for that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

347 members (1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 204guy, 47 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,801
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.