-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
They figured 150,00 flight between now and Wednesday. What happened to global warming.

I know electric airplanes!!!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 03/29/24.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Huh

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Whelenman
They figured 150,00 flight between now and Wednesday. What happened to global warming.

Compelling

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you have a link to this wonderful news ??

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It was on NBC

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why? What's the reason? What's the occasion? What's the usual number of flights?

Enquiring minds want to know... [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Easter , spring break, how the hell do I know.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Most airlines do not run extra flights as far as I know, just for a short holiday. Spring Break lasts for several weeks, so maybe. For seasonal travel, probably. They just double the seat price for the holiday., fill every seat, and have a dufuss waiting list for each flight, a dozen or more names long. Wouldn't you? "Spare" aircraft, excessive to immediate needs & emergenciy change-out, sitting on the ground make no money, and have expenses, just sitting there, not cost effective.

I worked for AK Air for 4 years. If a plane goes down mechanically for an extended unscheduled time, it is a real scramble to get a replacement in place within a reasonable time - there just isn't that much "stock" to spare. Plus crews. It is flat amazing how complicated and co-ordinated things have to be to work smoothly. (99.99%% of passengers have no clue!) When your goal is to make 10 cents on every dollar taken in (AK Air) you had better be working the system for all you can get, when you can get it (seasonal and holiday especially) just to staycompetitive. Satisfied share-holders are good too.

We had to attend a funeral in MT, scheduled with no regard to the start of Spring Break, or travel to/from Alaska. Even tho we booked a month ahead of time, the air fare was more than double the usual. Alaska Air all the way, both directions.

Drunken/drugged up, sex-crazed Democrat-indoctrinated kids now-days.....who needs them?

Death is so inconvenient!

Seaking of airline practices, have youn noticed that if you go on line, checking flights and schedules, even 2 weeks or more in the future, come back to the "best" one an hour or day later, the ticket price quoted has taken a big jump? I think they have algorithms n place... Unless it is quite far in the future, we have taken to usually almost immediately booking something half-way attractive. Trying to save $20 has cost us hundreds in the past.

And of course, the closer the plane gets to being filled up, and the closer to flight time it gets, the higher the seat price. My wife once booked a trip for me, Kotzebue to Anchorage about a month ahead of time. About $130, IIRC. OW. She was supposed to book it RT, but did not. I showed up to check in going back, no ticket or reservation! The last seat on the plane (I had to work the next morning) cost me 350-some dollars. And it wasn't like anyone else would have taken it, at that late-date.

FAFO! smile

Last edited by las; 03/29/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'
Today (March 29) at 17:20 UTC.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://www.flightradar24.com/38.20,-97.38/5

You meet the nicest people when flying... your own airplane. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BFaucett

Why? What's the reason? What's the occasion? What's the usual number of flights?

Enquiring minds want to know... [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Those are just the ones for the illegally imported voters.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las
Most airlines do not run extra flights as far as I know. They just double the seat price for the holiday., fill every seat, and have a dufuss waiting list for each flight, a dozen or more names long. Wouldn't you?

We had to attend a funeral in MT, scheduled with no regard the start of Spring Break, or travel to/from Alaska. Even tho we booked a month ahead of time, the air fare was more than double the usual. Drunken/drugged up, sex-crazed Democrat-indoctrinated kids now-days.....who needs them?

Death is so inconvenient!

What about the drunken sex-crazed kids that vote Republican?

Like I was in college when I went on spring break

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
aiss-graiss-er'-gais-nobody flies fer-free

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Just more hot air from the jet stream media

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 219DW, 21 invisible), 1,792 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,765
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.