Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Was 'preparation day' for the sabbath or for the Passover Feast????

IF, IF, IF it were on Friday, and HE arose before sunrise on Sunday, you can't get 3 'anythings'....

You get one sunrise, on Saturday
Two sunsets, Friday and Saturday
Two nights, Friday and Saturday
And parts of three days, F, S, S

IMHU, Thursday, at the latest....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If anything were to keep me out of Heaven it's not going to be my lack of understanding of every detail. My main problem is me when I know what I want is wrong in God's eyes but want to go that way anyway. I'd love to have a perfect understanding of every word in the Bible but I'd much rather God knows me as an obedient son.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Your lacking understanding of the biblical rule of when the days began and ended. Also the Jewish holidays and Sabbaths. The word Sabbath means rest. The Jews have many Sabbath or rest days that do not fall on Saturday. No where in the Bible does it say Friday was the day of the crucifixion. The Sabbath they are talking about is the Sabbath before the Passover.
You also have to understand the length of days per God not per man.

Attached Images
IMG_4550.jpeg (49.64 KB, 102 downloads)
IMG_4551.jpeg (31.18 KB, 102 downloads)
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hopefully you can read the small text in the links. It clearly explains the details.
No matter what anyone else says or what preacher or Church says what, the prophecy Jesus spoke HAS to be fulfilled rather it causes scheduling issues with the Easter egg hunt or the Good Friday fish fry. NOTHING else matters.

Jesus said 3 days and 3 nights Thursday crucifixion is 3 days 3 nights with a Sunday morning resurrection which follows the Bible.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
And it does really matter. As Jesus stated it would be the only sign that adulterous generation would see. Those Jews that asked the question were there they saw Jesus on the cross they knew exactly what day it was they knew exactly how many days passed before Jesus was found to be gone from the Tomb they even went so far as to ask Pilate to put a guard on the tomb to prevent the deciples from stealing the body, it was that important to them.

And if Jesus would have been one extra day or one less day in the Tomb the Pharisees would have had all the evidence they needed to call Jesus a fraud. They did not because the prophecy like all real prophecy is and was fulfilled to the letter.

The first time I heard about this error in the Easter tradition was from an old preacher. His sermon was tiled “Almost right is always wrong”
The Good Friday tradition was one of several man made man modified things that have become Christian tradition that is completely wrong.

He also went on the provide biblical examples of men from the Bible that did Almost what God said, and the results they got from almost following the commands.

One example is King Saul. He did Almost exactly what God told him to do thru the prophet….ALMOST. His lack of following details resulted in his losing the Kingdom, his family and ultimately his head. It’s in your Bible look it up.

Last edited by Bay1975; 03/29/24.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My understanding is that Christ was crucified today, Good Friday, 2024 years ago and was resurrected from the dead ,alive three days later, Easter Monday. There are some other religions that use the time of their God (s ) death , to make now a different date than 2024. Some are way ahead of us and some are back in the 1700 's. One thing to note is that Christ is risen and alive ,but all their gods are dead and for instance, the Indian Siek or Hindus ,not sure which ,have several million gods and practicly everything is a God of some sort. They 've had God's for a long time ,Easter island stone gods ,Greek thunder gods etc., because natural man will ,on his own independently recognize a diety of some sort and create them if left to himself and not brought through preaching by a Preacher to the word of the one true living God the Bible ,and the easily documented historical facts therein.

Last edited by Malcolm; 03/29/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was once a version of Christianity that was rooted in the resurrection, not the record of the resurrection. The record of the resurrection followed the event of the resurrection by years. But Christianity itself grew like crazy before the Bible..as we know it…ever even existed. Historically, what launched Christianity was the event of the resurrection.

Acknowledging that fact is in no way discounting the Bible.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amen

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The prophecy of the crucifixion and how many days he would be in the ground were from the Old Testament which was written down in print long before the birth of Jesus, Pilate, the Pharisees or the deciples. Long before the word Christian or Bible.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There is an empty tomb in Jerusalem.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dr. James Tabor, PhD., Biblical historian and anthropologist, lays out the timeline of when Jesus was crucified. He says his studies prove it was Thursday.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,560
Posts18,491,767
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.