K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Beaver10
This would be a good start.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Other than the M2 that is pretty scanty. I am not into EBRs as much figure only about 15-20. Does have a couple of lever guns but does not have disease. Just wants Punisher's armory. No Samurai swords or Trad bows. Not quite looney material.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
"Having a dedicated gunroom, boxes full of rings, bases, lens caps, fill screws, slings, and other odds and ends, takeoff stocks and a closet full of saved gun and optic boxes."

That's a pretty good indication, but will add: a dozen or more Die set for cartridges you don't even shoot/own....yet!

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by headhunter130
Originally Posted by irfubar
When you purchase your 4th gun safe... you are a lunatic... wink
Or an amateur. My friend has 6 large gun safes of just ammo and 10 large gun safes full of guns. Mostly Weatherby's and Brownings. He owns 14 different Barrett rifles and 6 50's. A pic of one of his ammo safes is attached.

bet that would blow in a fire

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ha. Never understood how there could be much profit in making and selling Imperial. A little dab'll do ya. Or was that hair wax?

Can also relate to the collection of Burris inserts.

Last edited by Paul39; 03/29/24.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by irfubar
When you purchase your 4th gun safe... you are a lunatic... wink

When you purchase your 4th gun safe... for a specific CHAMBERING... You might be a rifle looney...

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
For me, it's working on the 3rd #10 can of spent primers, though many of them are because I collect headstamps and cartridges to keep me busy.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Or, in the words of milennials: "Which barrel are you running on that Winny action"?
Or, did he say "Remy" or "Rugy" or "Savy"?
Sa-Vauge.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Maybe one of them Shy-leen barrels.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I dunno, maybe when your rec room looks like this:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

and your backyard looks like this:

You might be getting close??

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Milestones: My first double rifle back in 2014...I now have three! smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you start taking the 223s, 22Lrs and other low/no recoiling rifles to the range in place of larger center fire rifles a lot more than you used to.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I think I can still see a tiny bit left down in the corners at the bottom. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Rifle barrels burned out by yourself, start to finish? That is, you did not inherit the rifle from someone else who had already shot 1000 rounds through it.

Or, in the words of milennials: "Which barrel are you running on that Winny action"?

Millennials don't shoot Winchesters.

That's why the question is posed BY the millennial in the above example.

I like Winchesters.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okie john
Realizing that the One True Cartridge is either a 308 or a 30-06.

Selling off the others.

Working up several good loads for the One True Cartridge to get the most out of its versatility, but instead of loading them you just keep the components on hand for when you need them.

Standardizing all of your components around a few loads for the One True Cartridge.

Selling or giving away a lot of your gear to people who "need it more."

Okie John

Well, I was going to say this but Okie beat me to it. Selling off most of my Win 70 collection as I realized I would not use most of them and putting the money into a few things of interest like a DIY build or two (four). I've kept three M70s that I may use but will eventually give my sons. Reducing the number of cartridges that require finding and buying expensive ammo is high on my list hence my appreciation of the 308W. Simplifying my life at this stage is a high priority.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, losing the looney - or maybe just relaxing it - might be another milestone.

Looking back over 50 years it seems half or more of the powder burned was in looking for The Ultimate Load. No matter how good a rifle/load combo shot, The Ultimate Load was always in the next type of powder or bullet or .003" change in seating depth. Or maybe it was in that next rifle with my name on it at the gun store or gun show. Or a new barrel, or, or, or...

Nowadays if I do work up a load, once one is found that meets a certain standard I quit looking. Down to six sets of rifle dies and two sets of handgun dies. One set of rifle dies has a subset for cast bullets but that's the extent of specialization.

Still have a modest collection of firearms but half of those are in deep storage; cleaned, oiled and put away awaiting a better market or my estate sale, whichever comes first.

Kind of like 43shooter said, a range trip today will most likely involve calibers starting with a 2, including lots of .22 LR.

Life is still good. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
When you start taking the 223s, 22Lrs and other low/no recoiling rifles to the range in place of larger center fire rifles a lot more than you used to.

When you sell your beloved S&W 629 and replace it with a 67. Darn arthritis.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm disappointed in some respects re: my loony status. Started annealing brass for the first time about 5 years ago and have not had to buy any brass since. Was always fond of new brass, so I purchased a steel pin tumbler. It's all new, over and over again, but I didn't spend any money. Wifey loves me!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
When my father passed down his customized BSA M1917 to me. I have two other brothers he could have given it to, and he picked me. It's a day I will never forget.

KB

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Having a dedicated gunroom, boxes full of rings, bases, lens caps, fill screws, slings, and other odds and ends, takeoff stocks and a closet full of saved gun and optic boxes.

2 rooms!

My 1st can of Imperial Sizing Wax is 96% gone. Still sitting on can #2. Bought them both 16, 17 years ago.

I have some of the old RCBS sizing lube that seems to work ok.

The life of a can of Hornady None Shot or RCBS Case Stick is nearly infinite because sometimes I just want to resize brass without drilling out the back of the case and using a stuck case remover to get it out of my die. Just easier that way.

Also, I have accumulated at least 50 bottles of various solvents, lubes, and greases.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,060
Posts18,482,382
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.