Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This whole thing about red heifers is news to me.
Is it because I've ignored the news for awhile,
or what?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel...m-texas-jerusalem-jewish-temple-al-aqsa/

It's CBS, so they must not be suppressing it, but no one has ever mentioned it.
I guess it supports the current Anti Isreal fad, you would think it would be everywhere.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
or what?

I guess it supports the current Anti Isreal fad, you would think it would be everywhere.

What's the big deal? It's just a religious rite from the oldest religion in the world.
.....and it's not like the Jewish slaughter and sacrifice huge herds of red heifers....or 11 vestal virgins every week.

BTW, if it makes any difference to you (and it probably won't), only a Rabbi can kill animals in a kosher slaughterhouse. He blesses each animal before he does the deed.
Each time, he checks the sharpness of his "kosher" (it can only be used on the killing floor) knife by dragging it across his fingernail. The stroke that severs the carotid artery must be painless so as not to upset the animal. It bleeds to death peacefully on the killing room floor.

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 03/29/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Holy [bleep], burned alive! I saw this on 60 Minutes a while bad. Kind of makes me rethink who I'm supporting. Witch side is the biggest animals?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Switch
Holy [bleep], burned alive! I saw this on 60 Minutes a while bad. Kind of makes me rethink who I'm supporting. Witch side is the biggest animals?
Not burned alive, killed and then put on an altar and burned. No worse than offered on the altar of your back yard bbq.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
And raising sheep for temple sacrifice was big business back in Jesus’ day. It’s no coincidence that he, the sacrificial lamb, was born in the same area as the lambs raised for slaughter.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dons99
Originally Posted by Switch
Not burned alive, killed and then put on an altar and burned. No worse than offered on the altar of your back yard bbq.

And in most Jewish ceremonies you don't burn the whole cow, just some of fat from the area of the tinder loin.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The red heifer sacrifice or the possibility of one is gathering a quite a bit of attention. It’s not hard to learn the background of it or the implications of an upcoming one if one looks for a few minutes online.

Supposedly Hamas’ reason behind the Oct 7 attack…it’s certainly something that has the ‘end times’ folks on high alert.

My position is that I don’t know nor claim to as far as all the end times indicators and whether it is or isn’t, probably doesn’t change what I and my family do. The sooner Christ returns, the better as far as I’m concerned.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Numbers 19:2 "This is the statute of the law that the LORD has commanded: Tell the people of Israel to bring you a red heifer without defect, in which there is no blemish, and on which a yoke has never come.
3 And you shall give it to Eleazar the priest, and it shall be taken outside the camp and slaughtered before him.
4 And Eleazar the priest shall take some of its blood with his finger, and sprinkle some of its blood toward the front of the tent of meeting seven times.
5 And the heifer shall be burned in his sight. Its skin, its flesh, and its blood, with its dung, shall be burned.

Num 19:10 And the one who gathers the ashes of the heifer shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening. And this shall be a perpetual statute for the people of Israel, and for the stranger who sojourns among them.

This is where the red heifer thing came from. For years, breeders in Israel have been trying to breed the 'perfect' red heifer. They've defined 'perfect' to mean not a single white hair and no other blemishes of any kind. It's a tall order. Very likely, their definition is WAY beyond anything God intended. The Jews are good at that. They have books of laws they they've developed stretching God's laws beyond what they say.

This passage was written generations before the 1st temple was built. They now say that this sacrifice must be done in the temple. Scripture says nothing of the kind. At that time, they were wanderers in the desert, with not even a town, let alone a temple. And, it's all for not. The sacrifices have ended. Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice and his death ended and replaced all the rest. The Jews just can't accept that, to their own demise.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Numbers 19:2 "This is the statute of the law that the LORD has commanded: Tell the people of Israel to bring you a red heifer without defect, in which there is no blemish, and on which a yoke has never come.
3 And you shall give it to Eleazar the priest, and it shall be taken outside the camp and slaughtered before him.
4 And Eleazar the priest shall take some of its blood with his finger, and sprinkle some of its blood toward the front of the tent of meeting seven times.
5 And the heifer shall be burned in his sight. Its skin, its flesh, and its blood, with its dung, shall be burned.

Num 19:10 And the one who gathers the ashes of the heifer shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening. And this shall be a perpetual statute for the people of Israel, and for the stranger who sojourns among them.

This is where the red heifer thing came from. For years, breeders in Israel have been trying to breed the 'perfect' red heifer. They've defined 'perfect' to mean not a single white hair and no other blemishes of any kind. It's a tall order. Very likely, their definition is WAY beyond anything God intended. The Jews are good at that. They have books of laws they they've developed stretching God's laws beyond what they say.

This passage was written generations before the 1st temple was built. They now say that this sacrifice must be done in the temple. Scripture says nothing of the kind. At that time, they were wanderers in the desert, with not even a town, let alone a temple. And, it's all for not. The sacrifices have ended. Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice and his death ended and replaced all the rest. The Jews just can't accept that, to their own demise.

I'm guessing Eleazar's been dead for a while.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Jeffery Epstein Sacrifice was Sanctioned

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I'm guessing Eleazar's been dead for a while.
vs 10 extends it to all other high priests.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
or what?

What's the big deal? It's just a religious rite from the oldest religion in the world.
.....and it's not like the Jewish slaughter and sacrifice huge herds of red heifers....or 11 vestal virgins every week.

BTW, if it makes any difference to you (and it probably won't), only a Rabbi can kill animals in a kosher slaughterhouse. He blesses each animal before he does the deed.
Each time, he checks the sharpness of his "kosher" (it can only be used on the killing floor) knife by dragging it across his fingernail. The stroke that severs the carotid artery must be painless so as not to upset the animal. It bleeds to death peacefully on the killing room floor.

The big deal is explained in the video.

It's not about religion in the ways one might think at first.

Forget the spiritual and make it simple.

The ground that's involved is damn important to two violently rival groups.
Both feel they own it, one has damn important building on it.

The heifers represent the Israelis starting on construction, which will require
the Muslims losing the ground and buildings.
Those are sacred to Muslims world wide.

There hasn't been a sacrifice there in many centuries.
It's not about a Jew and a cow.
It's about Jews acting on a plan to destroy Muslim stuff to build their own.

There is little support among the government or Isrealis for this.
It's a few radicals.

Everyone talks about moderate and radical Muslims,
no one mentions that about Jews. But it's a thing.
Radical Jews are frequently the match that ignites problems there.
Often we hear about Palestinian riots, sometimes against settlements.
Sometimes we hear of illegal settlements being destroyed by Isreal.

What no one says is that radical news are building where they shouldn't.
The Palestinians object, we hear of the riot.
They level settlements, we are often pointed in the direction of believing they were
Palestinian. They weren't.

In no way do I support or apologize for what Hamas did.
They brought this war on themselves.

I just like to know what's going on.
And it seems that there is some chance that attack was
not as random as we think.

Sure be nice if these things were as easy as they seem.
Instead it's like three siblings fighting, and trying to figure out who started it.
Mom was good at it, she beat everyone. The fighting stopped.

Too bad she can't deal with international relations.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 03/29/24.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Gunna get sporty.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Be nice if Remsen could explain it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been hearing about this very sensationalized red heifer nonsense for DECADES. Pushed heavily by all the "judeo-Christian" 700 Club types.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
They had to find a pure one.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V

I think this video explains it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by viking
They had to find a pure one.

A great comfort to Mooslem Freedom Fighters Opposing Freedom that requirement wasn’t put on companion goats. How you going to find that many single perfect goats.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Be nice if Remsen could explain it.

lol. Who seriously is dumb enough to consider this low IQ nonsense? Low IQ fishing boat owners ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.