Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Online Shopping for Hunting/Shooting Products in Canada

One of the nice things about the Internet is the ease of online shopping. Being able to quickly compare prices and locate what you need is a huge advantage to the dim times when we only had magazines and paper catalogs. Certainly, being able to pay for things instantly is nice too, for both the consumer and the shop. No more waiting for your order to get to the store after you dropped it in the mail. I have nice memories of looking at the Sears catalog after bedtime, staring at all the goodies by flashlight. But that was back then. Kids still do this, but most use a tablet or a cellphone. smile

Even after 30 years, the number of online businesses in Canada continues to grow. I'm lucky to say that I use many of them. I think the only province that I haven't ordered anything from online is Newfoundland and Labrador. They are too busy harvesting moose to bother with online shopping! smile

In no particular order, I am a big fan of X-Reload, Higginson Powders, Budget Shooter Supply, Prophet River, NINE35, Prairie Projectiles and Tesro. There are a lot more.

https://x-reload.com
http://www.higginsonpowders.com
https://budgetshootersupply.ca
https://store.prophetriver.com
http://www.nine35.ca
https://prairieprojectiles.ca
https://www.tesro.ca

We've lost some like Jet Bullets and a few surplus rifle sellers, but things are still looking good.

I encourage the Canadians here to frequent these and other online Canadian businesses. Keeping them alive keeps the shooting sports alive in Canada.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My favourite place to buy stuff was Wholesale Sports.

I don't buy much anymore. The hoarding and downsizing has caught up with me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://www.corlanes.com/ is a great place to shop online for everything related to shooting, especially their Ammo, Rifle, and Scope selections, which are superior to most outlets.

They have everything you will ever need for LR Hunting and Shooting, which is their specialty.

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/19/24.

KB

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
My favourite place to buy stuff was Wholesale Sports.

I don't buy much anymore. The hoarding and downsizing has caught up with me.

They were my favourite place to order bullets from when they were open. Twice a year they had big sales.

I just ordered from www.eaglefirearms.ca They are a family business. Worth a look for everyone.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the link to Eagle Firearms. I just spent an hour roaming around in their site.
It is going to cost me some money in the near future.....
Heck, they are likely worth a road trip from my place, I don't think Tisdale is too far.
Jeff

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I purchased some 222rem ammo and reloading supplies from Eagle Firearms a year ago. No issues with my order. Aren’t they in Saskatoon area?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
It’s nice to help those in the industry.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin, ya we have quite a few retailers now. Nice because it's a pain to order from USA, not really a pain I guess just some things we can't order at all. If it's gun related it may never get here depending what it is & I swear it changes day to day. Have to go through an importer now. Anyone still remember SIR that little pocket book size catalogue from out west. Are they still around? Even Princess Auto was a one location buissines out west, now there all over. Catalogs from different buisines were pretty near wore out by years end. Mans wish books!!! GWPGUY. 🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Was a big SIR fan. They had a sale in 1959. As a 16 year old I needed a new rifle. I bought a new Savage 99EG in .308 for $95. It was a good rifle with a poor trigger. On the same sale they had Model 70 Fwt. in .358 WIN for the same price. I was going to order the .358 by my dad talked me into the Savage!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by troutfly
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the link to Eagle Firearms. I just spent an hour roaming around in their site.
Heck, they are likely worth a road trip from my place, I don't think Tisdale is too far.
Jeff

Jeff;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you're getting decent and seasonally acceptable weather and that you're all well.

Thanks for the chuckle this morning as your response of "I don't think Tisdale is too far" is such a prairie Canadian thing to say. Well done sir!

When I was a kid, I spent 3½ years in Nipawin, which is maybe 40 minutes north of Tisdale. We - that is to say Nipawin youth, seemed to have a running feud with Tisdale youth, much like one saw in Corner Gas with the friction with Wullerton.

You know Jeff, Brent Butt is actually from Tisdale, so he'd know!!! grin

For sure though Steve's started a good thread and I'll add a couple places that I've had good dealings with always.

The folks up at Nechako Outdoors have always had very good selections of Barnes bullets over the years.

https://nechakooutdoors.ca/about/

This shop can't be huge, but so help me they've had a couple different rifles in that I wanted and could not find anywhere else in Canada.

https://www.prairieguntraders.ca/

For sure as Steve's mentioned, I've had perfect interactions with Clay at Prophet River over many years and deals, Henry at Budget Shooter supply has been the same and Higginson Powders carried a few of us through the dry times after 9/11 when we were shut off from heading across the medicine line for powder and primers.

Thanks again for the chuckle this morning my friend and all the best to you all this Easter.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
…Anyone still remember SIR that little pocket book size catalogue from out west. Are they still around?

Hi Bill. SIR was sold to Cabelas in 2007. As much as I have fond memories of the old paper catalogs, it’s easier and faster to order online. No waiting for your order to get to the store via the post office.

The upside to Internet shopping is being able to look for things you want and finding them easier. That’s the beauty of real time inventory.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Ya true but ya can't take the Internet to the hunt camp, or shooting times or..... GWPGUY. 🐾👣🇨🇦

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
Ya true but ya can't take the Internet to the hunt camp, or shooting times or..... GWPGUY. 🐾👣🇨🇦

These days, you have to take paper magazines with you. There's a Husky station just outside of Geraldton that carries a boatload of them starting in the fall. The only ones I usually don't bother with are the "specials". Those would be fall issues of deer or varmint magazines. The stories seem to be reprints of work done by a number of authors from years back - and half aren't particularly good.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by troutfly
Hi Steve,
Jeff

Jeff;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you're getting decent and seasonally acceptable weather and that you're all well.

Thanks for the chuckle this morning as your response of "I don't think Tisdale is too far" is such a prairie Canadian thing to say. Well done sir!

When I was a kid, I spent 3½ years in Nipawin, which is maybe 40 minutes north of Tisdale. We - that is to say Nipawin youth, seemed to have a running feud with Tisdale youth, much like one saw in Corner Gas with the friction with Wullerton.

You know Jeff, Brent Butt is actually from Tisdale, so he'd know!!! grin

For sure though Steve's started a good thread and I'll add a couple places that I've had good dealings with always.

The folks up at Nechako Outdoors have always had very good selections of Barnes bullets over the years.

https://nechakooutdoors.ca/about/

This shop can't be huge, but so help me they've had a couple different rifles in that I wanted and could not find anywhere else in Canada.

For sure as Steve's mentioned, I've had perfect interactions with Clay at Prophet River over many years and deals, Henry at Budget Shooter supply has been the same and Higginson Powders carried a few of us through the dry times after 9/11 when we were shut off from heading across the medicine line for powder and primers.

Thanks again for the chuckle this morning my friend and all the best to you all this Easter.

Dwayne

Good evening Dwayne,

Glad you got a good chuckle to kick off your day. Hopefully your weather is Spring oriented by now.
Weather is finally nice around here. Big, slow melt started today. We had a good bit of snow finally last week. Still not enough but we'll take whatever we can get.

I kind of figure that Tisdale is within "coffee run" road trippin distance from Redcliff.
When I was posted to CFB Shilo in the early 80's we used to go out for a few beer in Brandon on a Friday night. Then we would hit up the Husky House around 0100 hrs for a bowl of Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich before heading out to Calgary for a quick coffee or two. We always made it back to Shilo in time for work Monday morning. We would make the run every month or so. Crazy, good times!

I miss Corner Gas, great show. I do catch the re-runs though.

This is def a great thread. A few shops I had not heard of listed. My bank acct is going be hurtin I think LOL. Or, I better write a few more articles.

I'll add Bashaw Sports. Cool little gun shop in Bashaw AB. www.bashawsports.com
It is under new ownership so I hope it is still the cool little shop it was. I haven't been there in a few years.....I need to go soon.

Jeff

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great thread !!!!!

I would add North Pro Sports in Saskatoon

A quick search will turn up their website

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Skatchewan
Great thread !!!!!

I would add North Pro Sports in Saskatoon

A quick search will turn up their website

I agree Skatchewan!

Great to see the option across Canada.

There are several things I like about Corlanes, they typically have ammo that is very hard to find elsewhere and in terms of the Long Range Shooting and services, I consider them to be the best in Canada.

Not only do they have the best rifles on the market for long-range hunting and shooting, they can build you a long-range rifle, to meet your exact requirements. They have gunsmiths on staff, that are exceptional. Not only do they have gunsmiths and gunsmithing services, but they also have an 800-yard range and professional shooters to test your new rifle with all popular rounds to find out what ammo your rifle prefers and to ensure that it is a great shooting rifle.

When I bought my Weatherby Ultralight Weight, I sent it up to them to install my Huskemaw scope on it, back then they were the company that had the exclusive rights to sell Huskemaw, and they also have Turret Etching services.

After they installed my Huskemaw and shot the rifle, they reported that the rifle shoot like crap, with groupings that were all over the map and sent me pictures of the target at 200, 500, and 800 yards. So they recommended a new barrel. They ordered a Wilson Match Grade #3 contour barrel, which their gunsmiths fluted and blued for me. Then after shooting it again at 200, 500, and 800 yards, they reported that the rifle was shooting much better but still was not a sub-MOA rifle, again they sent me pictures of the targets.

Then they free-floated and glass-bedded the new barrel took it to their range and shot a total of 5 different rounds through it until they discovered that the barrel shot Nosler Trophy Grade ABLRs with the best precision. When they sent the rifle back to me they sent all of the targets out to 800 yards. Talk about full service.

I rate them as the #1 full-service Online Hunting and Shooting store in Canada. To date, they have set up two different rifles for me, and both of them came back to me as sub-MOA rifles. The take the sport of hunting and shooting very seriously.

This is the Weatherby they customized for me. The picture is of the gentleman that was shooting and sending me reports on how my rifle was shooting during the development stages with one of his BC Grizzlies, he knows a bit about hunting lol

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/30/24.

KB

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Another

Great little shop

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (007FJ, 2500HD, 2ndwind, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,756
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.