Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.kwtx.com/2024/03/27/pro...hIiTqsE1FdIGF49H0jykE78ufN7CXJqwHLdLVSY2

By Daryl Huff and Jordan Gartner
Published: Mar. 27, 2024 at 6:19 PM CDT

HONOLULU (KHNL/Gray News) - A construction company has reportedly built a half-million-dollar house on the wrong property.

Hawaii News Now reports that the lot owner doesn’t want the house and has endured problems like higher taxes and squatters.

Now, to add insult to injury, she’s being sued over someone else’s mistake.

The still vacant three-bedroom, two-bath house on a 1-acre lot in Puna’s Hawaiian Paradise Park is worth about $500,000. But it could cost a lot of people more than that as they head to court to sort it out.

It all started in 2018 when Annaleine “Anne” Reynolds thought she’d found the perfect, serene parcel in Paradise Park to host her meditative healing women’s retreats.

“There’s a sacredness to it and the one that I chose to buy had all the right qualities,” she said.

The price was also right — available in a county tax auction for about $22,500.

But while she waited in California through the pandemic for the right time to use it, the lot was bulldozed, and a house was built on the property.

She was unaware of the construction until she got a call last year from a real estate broker who had learned of the mistake.

“He told me, ‘I just sold the house, and it happens to be on your property. So, we need to resolve this,’” Reynolds said. “And I was like, what? Are you kidding me?”

PJ’s Construction was reportedly hired by developer Keaau Development Partnership to build about a dozen homes on properties that developers bought in the subdivision, where the lots are identified by telephone poles.

An attorney for PJ’s Construction said the developers didn’t want to hire surveyors.

Honolulu attorney James DiPasquale was hired by Reynolds when she was sued along with everyone associated with the property or construction.

“There’s a lot of fingers being pointed between the developer and the contractor and some subs,” DiPasquale said.

Because it can’t be sold, the house has become a nightmare for Reynolds. A neighbor told Hawaii News Now that squatters were immediately attracted to the brand-new vacant house.

“Before they put the fence on the property there were people coming, looking inside,” he said.

Reynolds said she discovered they’d done more than just look, as she found feces inside the house when checking the property.

“It was so disgusting,” she said.

Along with the cost of fencing, Reynolds said she’s paying property taxes that went from a few hundred to several thousand dollars.

The developers have tried to settle the issue.

Reynold’s attorney said they offered to swap her their lot right next door or sell her the house at a discount.

But she has refused both offers.

“It would set a dangerous precedent if you could go onto someone else’s land, build anything you want, and then sue that individual for the value of it,” DiPasquale said.

After trying to resolve the problem, Keaau Development Partnership sued PJ’s Construction, the architect, the prior property owner’s family, and the county, which approved the permits.

They also sued Reynolds.

“It’s awful. It’s awful,” she said.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, that would suck.

Hopefully that Italian attorney can get it settled out for her.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Happens from time to time. Always ask for an asbuilt survey whenever buying a home if they don’t have one.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I wonder if a title company is involved?

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What a cluster F&^k. I was feeling sorry for her until I read: "meditative healing women’s retreats".

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DMc
What a cluster F&^k. I was feeling sorry for her until I read: "meditative healing women’s retreats".
No Young Living Essential Oils?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
DGAF if she was gonna run a cathouse. She has major cause for big damages and damn well hope she squeezes blood out of all those incompetent asswipes.mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if that was my lot... i'd be living (Squatting?) in my new "free" house... two options here... give it to me, or tear it down and restore the lot... discount, my ass... Ya'll Git!

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 03/29/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Someone did not want to pay for a survey. That was an expensive decision.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
if that was my lot... i'd be living (Squatting?) in my new "free" house... two options here... give it to me, or tear it down and restore the lot... Ya'll Git!
That certainly sounds like a reasonable option. Assuming she has clear title to the lot, what's the sheriff gonna do, evict her from her own property?

Tell the builders/developers who f'd up to drop their suit and go away or you'll decide to clear your property with a drip torch to get rid of the weeds and the unwanted structures.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It happens all the time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hanco
It happens all the time.
Then there should be a ready solution?

In it is contentment

Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
That is dammed near funny...!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Put carpet in the wrong house (occupied) right street, and wrong house number written down on the work order, The house was supposed to be unlocked for us, but the wrong house was also unlocked. My dad had to eat one and still carpet the right house. My dad was one of those people who rarely ever made a mistake and it pissed him off.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That would suck Roger.

Carpet salesperson wrote the wrong address?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
That would suck Roger.

Carpet salesperson wrote the wrong address?
yup

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My dad's last duty station was Hickam in Honolulu.

He and my mom stayed out there for 28 years. Most people evidently don't know how screwed up Hawaii can be...

But I can explain that where most people ( conservatives ) could understand....

What party controls Hawaii's politics? DNCC....DemocRATS.... what could possibly go wrong?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
if that was my lot... i'd be living (Squatting?) in my new "free" house... two options here... give it to me, or tear it down and restore the lot... Ya'll Git!
That certainly sounds like a reasonable option. Assuming she has clear title to the lot, what's the sheriff gonna do, evict her from her own property?

Tell the builders/developers who f'd up to drop their suit and go away or you'll decide to clear your property with a drip torch to get rid of the weeds and the unwanted structures.

Clear title is the key!

Different states have different laws, but in Louisiana, you buy tax delinquent property at a Sheriff's sale, and you do not get a clear title. In fact the delinquent owners can buy the property back from you, but they have to pay a steep penalty. If they pay the penalty, you have to let them have it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can’t imagine a 500k house in Hawaii is anything overly special, the average house price there is north of 800k.

With a bit of effort it would seem like a good bloodthirsty lawyer could get this worked out in Ms. Reynolds’s favor.

It’ll be kinda interesting to see how this plays out.

Black Cows Matter!
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Annaleine “Anne” Reynolds thought she’d found the perfect, serene parcel in Paradise Park to host her meditative healing women’s retreats.

“There’s a sacredness to it and the one that I chose to buy had all the right qualities,” she said.

Tell me that doesn't sound like a bat crap crazy LIB!

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

441 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 257_X_50, 1Longbow, 22kHornet, 53 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,743
Posts18,495,126
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.