Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Tarquin
What's your point Hawkeye, that some Jews are bigots? So are some Christians.
He's discussing what's in the Talmud, the basis of rabbinical Judaism.
The Talmud isn't part of scripture. It was written over about 300 years starting about several hundred years after the fall of Jerusalem. from a series of debates on what the Torah really means. They could never accept the Torah as written. They found it necessary to debate into exhaustion every single word of it to decide what God REALLY meant to say but failed to make clear.

Here's an example that I've posted before that illustrates just how far out they got. The Torah says that you shall not boil a kid in it's mother's milk. It's a strange law and appears to refer to a pagan fertility ritual where they would do just that then sprinkle the mess in their fields to ensure good crops. But, then again, it might mean something else entirely. No one knows for sure.

Well, the writers of Talmud couldn't let it go at that and just say don't boil a kid in it's mother's milk. They 1st extended it to lambs, calves, and other meat. Then the animal couldn't be cooked in any milk, not just that from it's mother. But what if they mixed in your stomach? You can't eat milk and meat at the same meal. What if a cooking vessel wasn't properly cleaned? Meat and milk could never be cooked in the same pot that was ever used for the other food in the past. Now you have to have 2 sets of cooking pots and mixing spoons.
An on and on. Today, kosher Jews often have 2 separate kitchens. One is for cooking with meat, the other with milk. No tools between the 2 kitchens can ever be exchanged. No meal can have food from both kitchens.
All this because God told them to not participate in a pagan fertility ritual but forgot to tell them all the details. Bad bad God.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by DBT
Jesus was a Jew, as were his disciples.
The disciples were the first Christians.

Jesus was to be the promised Messiah. He said he had come to uphold the law of the prophets. It's written that he had deep discussions on theology with the Rabbi's/ teachers in the temple. The whole background of Jesus, as a Jew, is founded on Judaism, which he did not renounce.

You are thinking of Paulism.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by DBT

Jesus was to be the promised Messiah. He said he had come to uphold the law of the prophets. It's written that he had deep discussions on theology with the Rabbi's/ teachers in the temple. The whole background of Jesus, as a Jew, is founded on Judaism, which he did not renounce.

He didn’t renounce the law, he completed it and started a new covenant.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by DBT

So your saying they didn’t like the New Covenant so they slipped their Disgust with Jesus in the Talmud saying Jesus is Boiling in a Caldron of Excrement for Eternity..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John (the baptizer). But since that time, the good news (the Gospel) of the kingdom of God is being preached…”. - Jesus

Ancient Judaism...as prescribed to Moses and the ancient Israelites by God at Mount Sinai...ceased to exist in a single day on August 6th in AD 70. The four-year war between Rome and the Jewish rebels came to a violent conclusion. The Jewish Temple was looted and burned and razed to the ground. Its complete destruction signaled the end of ancient Judaism, just as Jesus predicted.

And it hasn’t been practiced by anybody since then. Not by real Jews, and not by fake (pretend) Jews either.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Jews don’t accept Jesus

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by DBT

quadruple vaxed and stupid

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know of Christian Jews, but I have never met one to have a conversation. I have no antisemitism in my heart. It’s rampant on this board, and I can understand it. After all, there’s a pile of mega rich Jews which are actively engaged in the destruction of America. But Bribem and Piglousy claim to be practicing Catholics!
I hold no grudges against anyone. As I understand, I myself must forgive those who have taken advantage of me, or I cannot be forgiven myself.
That’s a toughy, but it’s true.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks be to God Rabbi Schmuley, Rabbi Beckly and Ben Shapiro, are awakening the zombies to the ugly reality of Jewish supremacy. Candace Owens sucked up to them for years and they loved promoting a cute, sharp as a tack ankle biter. Prager, et al, didn't realize how strong a base Christianity is in developing stable and functional black families. They didn't count on her getting uppity with them! The ghastly slaughter of Gaza makes clear the intractable racist foundation of Zionist Israel is incompatible with human decency, regardless of religion or philosophy. The world , aside from America, is utterly disgusted and hot for justice, if not revenge as well. Moreover, Israel's existential crisis no longer can be postponed. Genocide and expulsion remain the only means to preserve a Jews only state. That has failed. The dream is dead, strategically defeated forever. She saw the moral perversion, suspected the IDF lies and depravity, and was on her way over there to observe the barbaric horror first hand. Simply stating evil is evil always. Every child is precious. Jews are no better than dead Palestinians. Shapiro lost his [bleep]. Those uncontroversial truths are too much to bear when the existence of the Jewish state depends entirely on assessing subhuman status to all non Jews. Christian evangelics do not understand this abominable attitude pertains to them too. They are just useful, tribute paying idiots, serving the master race. But they don't know it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by DBT

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Thanks be to God Rabbi Schmuley, Rabbi Beckly and Ben Shapiro, are awakening the zombies to the ugly reality of Jewish supremacy. Candace Owens sucked up to them for years and they loved promoting a cute, sharp as a tack ankle biter. Prager, et al, didn't realize how strong a base Christianity is in developing stable and functional black families. They didn't count on her getting uppity with them! The ghastly slaughter of Gaza makes clear the intractable racist foundation of Zionist Israel is incompatible with human decency, regardless of religion or philosophy. The world , aside from America, is utterly disgusted and hot for justice, if not revenge as well. Moreover, Israel's existential crisis no longer can be postponed. Genocide and expulsion remain the only means to preserve a Jews only state. That has failed. The dream is dead, strategically defeated forever. She saw the moral perversion, suspected the IDF lies and depravity, and was on her way over there to observe the barbaric horror first hand. Simply stating evil is evil always. Every child is precious. Jews are no better than dead Palestinians. Shapiro lost his [bleep]. Those uncontroversial truths are too much to bear when the existence of the Jewish state depends entirely on assessing subhuman status to all non Jews. Christian evangelics do not understand this abominable attitude pertains to them too. They are just useful, tribute paying idiots, serving the master race. But they don't know it.
I just thought Jag was off the deep end.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by DBT

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

The law is not abolished when it is 'fulfilled.'

Otherwise, to say ''I have not come to abolish the law of the prophets is a lie.''

In other words, if he had fulfilled the law of the prophets and it no longer applied to Christians, he had in fact abolished the law...so to say ''I have not come to abolish the law of the prophets'' is false.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by DBT

quadruple vaxed and stupid

Retard crybaby ribka spits his dummy and whines like a petulant child.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by DBT

Which makes 'I have not come to abolish the law of the prophets' a lie.

''Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.''

Everything has not been accomplished. The heaven and earth has not passed away.

Last edited by DBT; 03/29/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Ancient Judaism...as prescribed to Moses and the ancient Israelites by God at Mount Sinai...ceased to exist in a single day on August 6th in AD 70. The four-year war between Rome and the Jewish rebels came to a violent conclusion. The Jewish Temple was looted and burned and razed to the ground. Its complete destruction signaled the end of ancient Judaism, just as Jesus predicted.

Yet Jesus allegedly predicted his own return in the lifetime
of his ministry live audiences and 2000 yrs later has still failed
to fulfill such.

Oddly enough Jews and Xtians are in the same boat;
Both are still waiting for a messiah to show up.

Originally Posted by LBP
Jews don’t accept Jesus

And for very good reason..The Jewish messiah
is prophesized to be a mere mortal..not divine.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
. vision appeared to him of Jesus on the cross. “I knew at that instant that Jesus was the answer I had been searching for,” says Messianic Rabbi K. A. Schneider.

Several years ago, God spoke to Rabbi Schneider, “You are an evangelist.”

For the past 40 years of his ministry the rainbow has been an integral part of Rabbi Schneider’s faith journey, because the Lord has communicated to him through rainbow symbolism in dreams and visions.

That's on par with the bullschit charlatan
voice and vision claims by N.T. Paul.

Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
The video blames the Roman Empire, but it skips over the Jewish people rejecting the release of Jesus in favor of a known Criminal!
Pilot washed his hands of blame for the condemnation, and the Jews accepted this.

Who was there to record the trial of Jesus?
Anonymous NT authors were not present
and they don't provide a source for such details.

And it's absolutely absurd to suggest that a Roman
Praefectus of Judea would release a convicted murderer/
insurrectionist in Barabbas.
In addition, The Pontius Pilate described by Josephus
and Philo is nothing like the NT version.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Law of Moses clearly had a built-in retirement date, just as the old testament prophet Jeremiah clearly predicted. When Jesus said that He came to fulfill it, He clearly meant that He came to bring it to a pre-planned, designated retirement. He didn’t come to abolish...as in ‘destroy’...the validity of it, or to undermine the credibility of it. He came to bring it to a pre-planned, designated retirement. If the Law of Moses were a plane, Jesus was landing it ~ and you don’t “abolish” a plane by landing it. If the Law of Moses were a speech, Jesus was concluding it ~ and you don’t “abolish” a speech by concluding it. If the Law of Moses were a homework assignment, Jesus was was completing it ~ and you don’t “abolish” a homework assignment by completing it.

The sacrifices stopped because Jesus fulfilled all that they pointed to...He was the ‘final’ sacrifice for sins. The priesthood stopped...the one that stood between God and those who worshipped Him…people now had a direct line to God themselves ~ NO mediators. The physical temple stopped...it was no longer the geographical center of worship because God now lived within His followers...‘they’ themselves were the temple.

God set a timer when He established His conditional and temporary covenant with ancient Israel...and the time had run out. God’s conditional and temporary covenant with ancient Israel was being fulfilled and retired, just as Jesus said.

If you had a HUGE debt that you owed, and someone came along and paid off your debt, the obligation would be fulfilled...and the burden of fulfilling that obligation would be removed as well. Jesus fulfilled ~ and retired ~ the necessity of the Jewish law. The old covenant that God made with the ancient Israelites wasn’t needed anymore...it had been retired in favor a new and better covenant that God made through Jesus with ALL of the people in ALL of the world.

It’s good to see that the overwhelming majority of those who claim to be Jesus’ followers nowadays understand these facts; despite the clear intentional misrepresentation of these facts by the agenda driven skeptics and deniers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus said that nothing in the Law of Moses would “disappear” until everything in the Law of Moses was “accomplished.” He wasn’t talking about the end of time or anything else; He was clearly and specifically talking about the Law of Moses. And history proved Him correct. It ‘was’ accomplished, and then the Law of Moses clearly began to disappear. Jews throughout the Roman world started abandoning strict adherence to the Law of Moses to follow the resurrected Jesus instead. And that transition came to an abrupt conclusion at the hands of Titus and the Roman 10th Legion on August 6 in 70 AD when ancient Judaism went completely out of business, signaled by the complete destruction of the Jewish Temple...just as Jesus predicted.

Again, it’s good to see that the overwhelming majority of those who claim to be Jesus’ followers nowadays understand these facts; despite the clear intentional misrepresentation of these facts by the agenda driven skeptics and deniers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did they kill the red cow yet to trigger the end times? I'm ready for another 2012 Mayan like let down lol.

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antlers
The Law of Moses clearly had a built-in retirement date, just as the old testament prophet Jeremiah clearly predicted. When Jesus said that He came to fulfill it, He clearly meant that He came to bring it to a pre-planned, designated retirement. He didn’t come to abolish...as in ‘destroy’...the validity of it, or to undermine the credibility of it. He came to bring it to a pre-planned, designated retirement. If the Law of Moses were a plane, Jesus was landing it ~ and you don’t “abolish” a plane by landing it. If the Law of Moses were a speech, Jesus was concluding it ~ and you don’t “abolish” a speech by concluding it. If the Law of Moses were a homework assignment, Jesus was was completing it ~ and you don’t “abolish” a homework assignment by completing it.

The sacrifices stopped because Jesus fulfilled all that they pointed to...He was the ‘final’ sacrifice for sins. The priesthood stopped...the one that stood between God and those who worshipped Him…people now had a direct line to God themselves ~ NO mediators. The physical temple stopped...it was no longer the geographical center of worship because God now lived within His followers...‘they’ themselves were the temple.

God set a timer when He established His conditional and temporary covenant with ancient Israel...and the time had run out. God’s conditional and temporary covenant with ancient Israel was being fulfilled and retired, just as Jesus said.

If you had a HUGE debt that you owed, and someone came along and paid off your debt, the obligation would be fulfilled...and the burden of fulfilling that obligation would be removed as well. Jesus fulfilled ~ and retired ~ the necessity of the Jewish law. The old covenant that God made with the ancient Israelites wasn’t needed anymore...it had been retired in favor a new and better covenant that God made through Jesus with ALL of the people in ALL of the world.

It’s good to see that the overwhelming majority of those who claim to be Jesus’ followers nowadays understand these facts; despite the clear intentional misrepresentation of these facts by the agenda driven skeptics and deniers.
And that's the received Tradition of Christianity, as Christians have known it from the days of the Apostles, as distinct from the Dispensationalist, false, tradition, many have received from the likes of John Darby, via Cyrus Scofield and his infamous Reference Bible.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 56 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.