E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
😵‍💫😵‍💫

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MAC
Annaleine “Anne” Reynolds thought she’d found the perfect, serene parcel in Paradise Park to host her meditative healing women’s retreats.

“There’s a sacredness to it and the one that I chose to buy had all the right qualities,” she said.

Tell me that doesn't sound like a bat crap crazy LIB!
Yes, but also a layman's legal strategy. "Your Honor, the property was so unique as to be irreplaceable. You should award damages at 3X it's actual market value."

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Alan_C
I wonder if a title company is involved?
LMAO - like THAT'S gonna do anything... And I speak from experience.. Title companies are total ripoffs...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by MAC
Annaleine “Anne” Reynolds thought she’d found the perfect, serene parcel in Paradise Park to host her meditative healing women’s retreats.

“There’s a sacredness to it and the one that I chose to buy had all the right qualities,” she said.

Tell me that doesn't sound like a bat crap crazy LIB!
Yes, but also a layman's legal strategy. "Your Honor, the property was so unique as to be irreplaceable. You should award damages at 3X it's actual market value."

I’d be playing that card too. It wasn’t her screwup.

Black Cows Matter!
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Lost me at would take the lot next to it in trade. Surely she could have got a trade and probably cash as well in exchange. In the meanwhile she should be sending a lot rent bill to someone.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't know but you couldn't run fast enough to give me property in Hawaii. It's a leftist nuthouse even if it is beautiful in places.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My first house was built in a development for which the developer obtained a variance that allowed “zero lot lines”. You can tell where this is going…..

My house was totally on my lot, but the heat pump was on a slab that was over the line. I jumped right on forcing the builder to have it moved, which took about a half day. Others had problems ranging from window wells that were over the line to actual walls being over. Many seemed to just ignore the issue as simply more trouble than it was worth.

When I moved to WV, before I had this place built, we looked at a number of existing and spec houses. One was on such a steep slope on the back side that the basement floor was two levels. Another was built significantly over the line on the adjoining lot. While viewing one of the last ones, I noticed a big berm out back, which turned out to be a railroad track. When I mentioned that to the realtor, she said, “Oh, I think that only runs during Apple Season”. Sure….

We actually had a contract to build in an existing neighborhood on a lot belonging to a local realtor. Fortunately, thatlot wouldn’t perk, and we and the builder agreed to drop the matter instead of sweating out some troublesome alternative septic system.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Back when I was working my way through college, the construction company I worked for did that. Have no idea how it got resolved.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I wonder how just moving in to her new free house would play out with Fed income taxes. Is it a capital gains, a gift, un-earnd income?

Moving in, (or selling) would be my choice. She strikes me as a New Age, Liberal, feminist, possibly lesbian FLAKE.

Never look a gift house in the mouth!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had an employee- Doug- he and wife were ready to build a new home. He was a crappy employee with an attitude- he asked me numerous questions which I answered. I offered to build his house real cheap- he declined. He chose some fly by night guy I had never heard of.
The house was 90% framed up and Doug and wife couldn't figure out why some walls seemed to be in the wrong place. The house was built backwards - house facing the wrong direction. He asked me what he should do -I said whatever you can.

Another builder Andre Carpenter hired a new foundation guy who formed and poured the slab backwards- that's as far as it got. They poured another slab on top .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well crap! Some folks are just lucky. Such never seems to come my way.

1Minute
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
My FIL was having a house built, and checked on it almost every day (as one should! Trust me on this!!! I have the garage to prove what happens if one does not.)

He caught it before it went very far, but the contracter had started work on the stairs to the 2nd floor. Into a closet up there.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
if that was my lot... i'd be living (Squatting?) in my new "free" house... two options here... give it to me, or tear it down and restore the lot... Ya'll Git!
That certainly sounds like a reasonable option. Assuming she has clear title to the lot, what's the sheriff gonna do, evict her from her own property?

Tell the builders/developers who f'd up to drop their suit and go away or you'll decide to clear your property with a drip torch to get rid of the weeds and the unwanted structures.

Clear title is the key!

Different states have different laws, but in Louisiana, you buy tax delinquent property at a Sheriff's sale, and you do not get a clear title. In fact the delinquent owners can buy the property back from you, but they have to pay a steep penalty. If they pay the penalty, you have to let them have it.
I seem to recall a friend in AZ telling me the delinquent owners have 7 years or such to pay you back what you paid for them, + interest, and then you can file for the title.

No telling in HI.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
An Air Force female didn't like a builder building on his land that was behind her home. He paid for and built her a nice tall privacy fence to shut her up. That only lasted a couple of weeks- then she was back to complaining about noise, a piece of trash blew into her yards etc. etc. .
She then Sued him because the overhangs on the houses put them over the property line. Surveyors and others testified that measurements were based on walls. A Judge agreed with the woman and three houses had to be cobbled up looking because of her.
The builder tore the privacy fence down and the minute that legal construction could start- 7:30am he started making as much noise as possible. He didn't sell the house directly behind hers on purpose.
He had roll-off steel dumpsters dropped right on the property line and every morning at 7:30am he threw the same Pavers into the dumpster over & over. Cops called but nothing could be done- this went on for a long time.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ol_mike
An Air Force female didn't like a builder building on his land that was behind her home. He paid for and built her a nice tall privacy fence to shut her up. That only lasted a couple of weeks- then she was back to complaining about noise, a piece of trash blew into her yards etc. etc. .
She then Sued him because the overhangs on the houses put them over the property line. Surveyors and others testified that measurements were based on walls. A Judge agreed with the woman and three houses had to be cobbled up looking because of her.
The builder tore the privacy fence down and the minute that legal construction could start- 7:30am he started making as much noise as possible. He didn't sell the house directly behind hers on purpose.
He had roll-off steel dumpsters dropped right on the property line and every morning at 7:30am he threw the same Pavers into the dumpster over & over. Cops called but nothing could be done- this went on for a long time.
The builder that built overhangs over the property line should have his head stove in.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
https://www.kwtx.com/2024/03/27/pro...hIiTqsE1FdIGF49H0jykE78ufN7CXJqwHLdLVSY2

By Daryl Huff and Jordan Gartner
Published: Mar. 27, 2024 at 6:19 PM CDT

HONOLULU (KHNL/Gray News) - A construction company has reportedly built a half-million-dollar house on the wrong property.

Hawaii News Now reports that the lot owner doesn’t want the house and has endured problems like higher taxes and squatters.

Now, to add insult to injury, she’s being sued over someone else’s mistake.

The still vacant three-bedroom, two-bath house on a 1-acre lot in Puna’s Hawaiian Paradise Park is worth about $500,000. But it could cost a lot of people more than that as they head to court to sort it out.

It all started in 2018 when Annaleine “Anne” Reynolds thought she’d found the perfect, serene parcel in Paradise Park to host her meditative healing women’s retreats.

The price was also right — available in a county tax auction for about $22,500.

But while she waited in California through the pandemic for the right time to use it, the lot was bulldozed, and a house was built on the property.

She was unaware of the construction until she got a call last year from a real estate broker who had learned of the mistake.

“He told me, ‘I just sold the house, and it happens to be on your property. So, we need to resolve this,’” Reynolds said. “And I was like, what? Are you kidding me?”

PJ’s Construction was reportedly hired by developer Keaau Development Partnership to build about a dozen homes on properties that developers bought in the subdivision, where the lots are identified by telephone poles.

An attorney for PJ’s Construction said the developers didn’t want to hire surveyors.

Honolulu attorney James DiPasquale was hired by Reynolds when she was sued along with everyone associated with the property or construction.

“There’s a lot of fingers being pointed between the developer and the contractor and some subs,” DiPasquale said.

Because it can’t be sold, the house has become a nightmare for Reynolds. A neighbor told Hawaii News Now that squatters were immediately attracted to the brand-new vacant house.

“Before they put the fence on the property there were people coming, looking inside,” he said.

Reynolds said she discovered they’d done more than just look, as she found feces inside the house when checking the property.

“It was so disgusting,” she said.

Along with the cost of fencing, Reynolds said she’s paying property taxes that went from a few hundred to several thousand dollars.

The developers have tried to settle the issue.

Reynold’s attorney said they offered to swap her their lot right next door or sell her the house at a discount.

But she has refused both offers.

“It would set a dangerous precedent if you could go onto someone else’s land, build anything you want, and then sue that individual for the value of it,” DiPasquale said.

After trying to resolve the problem, Keaau Development Partnership sued PJ’s Construction, the architect, the prior property owner’s family, and the county, which approved the permits.

They also sued Reynolds.

“It’s awful. It’s awful,” she said.

Sounds like a squatter issue to me.. Her property, her house.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I installed the HVAC in a new house for a builder about 25 years ago. He tried to fast track and built house in small subdivision. House was almost complete when survey came back. He built house one lot off. Ended up paying lot owner triple value price.owner got new house with extra lot.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A couple years ago the same thing happened to a lady. Someone built a house on her lot accidentally. When the house was finished, she tried to move into and said tough knuckles. The builder took her to court and the landowner lost. Seems she drove by her lot daily on her way to work and watched the house being built and said nothing and would even brag that she was getting a new house for free. IIRC the case was settled when the landowner paid actual construction costs of new home.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Dad and I put a roof on a house back years ago, the house was laid out 10' off where the setback was. Turns out the roof overhang was over the neighbor's property. The builder stopped construction, had to buy 10' from the guy next door, we finished the roof. Ship happens.
North Florida is bad about old, old, very old Spanish land grants and old surveys done with inaccurate time pieces. So you do buy title insurance. The US Government is the worst, they just come in say their new survey is right and now the fact and you are just screwed to the max. Had the Eglin base perimeter move 27', the largest, by land mass, military base in the world. Took Congress to fix it, literally. It was a nightmare for our water and sewer district.

Last edited by Rapier; 03/30/24.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
A couple years ago the same thing happened to a lady. Someone built a house on her lot accidentally. When the house was finished, she tried to move into and said tough knuckles. The builder took her to court and the landowner lost. Seems she drove by her lot daily on her way to work and watched the house being built and said nothing and would even brag that she was getting a new house for free. IIRC the case was settled when the landowner paid actual construction costs of new home.
actual construction cost is still a helluva good bargain!...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,180
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.