-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
MSM are literally shameless thieves, who would have guessed....

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/criminal-white-house-press-corps-has-been-looting-air-force-one

In case you needed one more reason to despise legacy-media journalists, Politico reports that White House correspondents have been routinely looting Air Force One -- to the point that they were just collectively asked to keep their sticky fingers off the taxpayers' property.

After the latest discovery of missing property, White House Correspondents' Association president and NBC reporter Kelly O'Donnell emailed members to inform them that stealing is not allowed, and that doing so harms the press corps' reputation, such as it is.

Looting Air Force One is entrenched in the press corps culture, to the extent that rookies are told to do it. As a current White House reporter told Politico:

On my first flight, the person next to me was like, ‘You should take that glass.’ They were like: ‘Everyone does it.’”

That's not the most disgraceful anecdote...

"Several colleagues of one former White House correspondent for a major newspaper described them hosting a dinner party where all the food was served on gold-rimmed Air Force One plates, evidently taken bit by bit over the course of some time."

Others described how, when reporters disembark Air Force One, the sound of clinking glass and porcelain accompanies their descent down the rear stairway.

While it's apparently been a long-simmering phenomenon, the reporters' kleptomania on an extended West coast trip in February sufficiently irked the Air Force crew that they complained to the White House travel office. The director of press advance, in turn, told the press office that a USAF inventory found several items missing from the press cabin.

The press office sent a gentle email to all the journalists who'd been on that particular trip, with someone familiar with the matter telling Politico, “It was like, ‘Hey, if you inadvertently wound up taking something off the plane by mistake, we can help facilitate a quiet return.’

The response was predictably pathetic: Exactly one of the thieving journalists demonstrated a semblance of morality. The guilty individual arranged a rendezvous next to the Andrew Jackson statue in Lafayette Square -- across from the White House -- and relinquished a stolen embroidered pillow.

The latest Gallup poll found that, when it comes to reporting the news accurately and fairly, a record 39% of Americans said they have no confidence in mass media whatsoever, and another 29% said they have "not very much."

Forget reporting...next time, Gallup should ask about the extent to which establishment journalists can be trusted not to steal your f***ing silverware.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
I check the "not surprised by this thievery" box.

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I worked with the media for almost two decades. From Dan Rather, Wolf Blitzer, and on down they were the most self-entitled, arrogant jerks I ever met.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The fix is easy. make them pay their own airfare on whatever airline they choose. Kick them off AF1.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
“Harms the press corps reputation.” That’s rich. How is their thievery going to make them look any worse?

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Reputation? 😂

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Serve the president and his people on the nice stuff and the press with solo cups and paper plates. Problem solved.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
The fix is easy. make them pay their own airfare on whatever airline they choose. Kick them off AF1.

FROM THE ARTICLE - "... Others described how, when reporters disembark Air Force One, the sound of clinking glass and porcelain accompanies their descent down the rear stairway. ..."

Thieves never are "rehabilitated." The easiest way to solve the problems of the press thieves stealing the stuff from Airforce One is to replace all the dining tableware with paper plates, paper bowls, paper napkins, and plastic forks, knives, and spoons.

Problem solved. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of Union soldiers stealing plates/silver/jewelry from Southerners at the end of the Civil War, specifically Sherman's Bummers. 99% of the MSM riding on AF1 are Northern Liberal Elite Yankee's, I guess it runs in their blood.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The Clinton crime family set the tone when they vacated the White House...serious theft, art work. That tells you a lot about the Clintons.
Unfortunately for some peoples's generalizations, I believe Bill was a born native of Arkansas, a member of the Confederacy.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The criminal biden admin. trickle-down effect.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by flintlocke
The Clinton crime family set the tone when they vacated the White House...serious theft, art work. That tells you a lot about the Clintons.
Unfortunately for some peoples's generalizations, I believe Bill was a born native of Arkansas, a member of the Confederacy.

Well at least he never took Shower’s with his Daughter.

Southern Gentleman ..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Reminds me of Union soldiers stealing plates/silver/jewelry from Southerners at the end of the Civil War, specifically Sherman's Bummers. 99% of the MSM riding on AF1 are Northern Liberal Elite Yankee's, I guess it runs in their blood.....
Yeah, I’m a natural born thief do to my Pennsyltucky Christian background and learning right from wrong from my parents.
What a stupid post…. I feel bad for some of you southerners sometimes. Can’t see that a war that ended over 150 years ago is over, and there’s a new one with the lines being drawn around us right now.

OTOH, nothing at all connected to our corrupt press and government really surprises me anymore.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,332
Posts18,487,602
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.