Print Thread
Hop To
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tuesday, April 2nd is the spring election in Wisconsin. On every ballot there will be two referendum questions for voters consideration. The two questions ask about the use of private funds in election administration and the role of election officials. I've gotten contacts on this so I thought I would share some background on why the questions are on the ballot. The questions are:

QUESTION 1: "Use of private funds in election administration. Shall section 7 (1) of article III of the constitution be created to provide that private donations and grants may not be applied for, accepted, expended, or used in connection with the conduct of any primary, election, or referendum?"

Voting "yes" would mean private grants and donations would be banned in election administration going forward. A "no" vote would continue to allow private grants and donations.

QUESTION 2: "Election officials. Shall section 7 (2) of article III of the constitution be created to provide that only election officials designated by law may perform tasks in the conduct of primaries, elections, and referendums?"

A "yes" vote on the second question would add to the constitution that only election officials can perform election-related tasks. A "no" vote would allow non-elected officials to perform election-related tasks.

The proposal to add these to our state’s constitution was introduced after courts ruled that nothing in state law prohibits Wisconsin election clerks from taking private funds to administer an election.

The general public should be able to trust the outcomes of our elections and many feel that targeted private “donations” (aka "Zuckerbucks") dramatically increased the turnout for one party in our largest cities in the last presidential election. The proposal that the legislature passed will give the citizens of Wisconsin a say in how we administer an election and who can help with that process.

According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, twenty-seven states have passed laws to "prohibit, limit or regulate the use of private or philanthropic funding to run elections. This includes the states of Florida, Iowa, Pennsylvania North Carolina and Texas.

If a majority of Wisconsin voters approve the referendums, the changes would take effect almost immediately. Once the results of the April 2024 election are certified, the new parts of the state's constitution would be in place and restrictions on private grants would be in effect for the August primary and November general election.

For more information on our elections or to see the ballot in your area please visit My Vote Wisconsin.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Polls open at 7am

I arrived 7:02

I was voter #4 - Port to port on voting took me 15 minutes. That is house to poll, vote, back home.

Trump in primary and both referendums got the "yes" mark from me.

Me

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I always cringe (get pissed off) when I read this politically generated grammar crap. The "average Joe" voter can't understand the sentence, and half vote the wrong way.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Over 200,000 votes were counted in 2020 that had no id and no signature because they were illegally allowed to be counted as indefinatly confined in wisconsin. ( sorry machine conspirasts it wasn’t machines) Rittenhouse was illegally prosecuted for killing a couple terrorist pedophiles. I am sorry your state sucks.

Hopefully your state doesn’t again participate in electing a president that cancels Easter and replaced it with tranny day.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 04/02/24.
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Over 200,000 votes were counted in 2020 that had no id and no signature because they were illegally allowed to be counted as indefinatly confined in wisconsin. ( sorry machine conspirasts it wasn’t machines) Rittenhouse was illegally prosecuted for killing a couple terrorist pedophiles. I am sorry your state sucks.

Hopefully your state doesn’t again participate in electing a president that cancels Easter and replaced it with tranny day.
You always have something stupid to say . Were you not told to keep your piehole shut and have folks think you might be stupid rather than flap your gums and prove it .

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great . Dump more money into an election. What could go wrong?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz

You always have something stupid to say . Were you not told to keep your piehole shut and have folks think you might be stupid rather than flap your gums and prove it .

what about what I said was untrue? is it a lie? What have you personally done to reverse this? have you went to any meetings with elected officials to complain? have to spoke out about this issue to your neighbors? How is it stupid when its true? why are you attacking me personally when you have no response to what I said?

when all else fails attack the messenger, when that doesn't work pound the table. Wisconsin almost always votes leftist and when they done the left the steals it for the leftist. have fun freezing your azz off just to live under a corrupt system wink

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz

what about what I said was untrue? is it a lie? What have you personally done to reverse this? have you went to any meetings with elected officials to complain? have to spoke out about this issue to your neighbors? How is it stupid when its true? why are you attacking me personally when you have no response to what I said?

when all else fails attack the messenger, when that doesn't work pound the table. Wisconsin almost always votes leftist and when they done the left the steals it for the leftist. have fun freezing your azz off just to live under a corrupt system wink
My response is you are intent in showing how ignorant you are .Those people laughing are not laughing with you . Carry on .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote]A "yes" vote on the second question would add to the constitution that only election officials can perform election-related tasks. A "no" vote would allow non-elected officials to perform election-related tasks.
/quote]

I did not even get to the bottom of your post and I already see a problem. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went to pol about 230pm. Mine was 284th ballot recorded. Hope the turnout increases. Lousy weather might be affecting turnout.

Yes to both referendum questions. President Trump is my choice. Hope my choices for the local seats prevail, push some of the incumbents out.

GOA
IC B3

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by milespatton
[quote]A "yes" vote on the second question would add to the constitution that only election officials can perform election-related tasks. A "no" vote would allow non-elected officials to perform election-related tasks.
/quote]

I did not even get to the bottom of your post and I already see a problem. miles
That would stop ballot harvesting ,already illegal in Wi. It does not stop non-officials from observing and recording counting of ballets . What do you see as a problem?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Went to pol about 230pm. Mine was 284th ballot recorded. Hope the turnout increases. Lousy weather might be affecting turnout.

Yes to both referendum questions. President Trump is my choice. Hope my choices for the local seats prevail, push some of the incumbents out.

Half of the open seats for town aldermen were open - write in only - on mine.

Me

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Half of the open seats for town aldermen were open - write in only - on mine.
There was your big chance . One vote might have got you in. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looking like the "yes" voters have won. From what I understand- goes into effect immediately basically.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
/quote]

So, just what was the legislative intent of this paragraph ?? Who wrote it and just who voted on it in the legislature ? I can see some issues as well.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The use of the words election-and then non-elected would be confusing as to the meaning of the paragraph. At least to me, but I am no lawyer. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.