Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I have had two ARs in .350 Legend, and both of them were prone to feeding issues. I have tweaked and fiddled with them enough, that they mostly work like they should, but they are still not 100% reliable. I still think a subsonic 250gr Sub-X bullet would be a hoot with a suppressor, but I don't want to deal with anymore .350 Legend finicky-ness.

Does anyone have a Ruger American or Howa Mini in .350 Legend? How do you like it? Does it cycle and feed like it should?

I have a Ruger American in .300 Blackout, and it's accurate as all get out with both supers and subs! Am I safe in assuming the .350L version is just as accurate?

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have a first generation Ruger American Ranch in 350. I like it very much. It had feeding issues with one type of ammo in particular, Winchester Power Points. After breaking it in some, I have no more issues with any ammo. It has been very accurate.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dan - I have 350 Legend made from a weatherby Vanguard, its really a good shooter, I have the Leopold 350 legend scope on it, put together for the straight wall deer hunts before the rules changed, shoot me a message if your looking it is in the safe taking up space and 8 - 10 boxes of ammo.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Had a Bear Creek Arms 350L upper for my Savage AR platform. Unimpressive accuracy, though no feeding issues. Sold the upper.

On my 3rd Savage Axis 350L. All tack drivers, although each prefer different loads. Sold the first two to other hunting buddies, and my current 350L heavy barrel really loves 180gr loads and holds 3/4 MOA at 100 yards. Put Hawke illuminated scope on it for dusk, and hasn't disappointed. Shoots 3" groupings out to 250 yards. Don't need anything else/better for southern Michigan shotgun zone.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
'We' (I picked it up to 'share' with The Boy for OH use) grabbed a RAR when they first came out. Since then, I've used it almost as much and have been extremely pleased with it. We added a couple ARs to the mix and I grabbed a Cascade SB this year, zeroed it, and brought it to OH.
Dead buck.......

I like the Cascade a bit better, but would have no issue if The Boy took it and left me with the ruger.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My brother has one and loves it. Has taken deer and pigs with it. After his wife shot it, he had to buy her one as well.

He uses the factory 145gr. Win. fmj practice loads and Win. 150gr. Deer Season XP for hunting. No problems with function and they are accurate.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fun to shoot, but I'd go with the rimmed version.

LOL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had a Cascade but spent limited time with it, only sighting in. If I remember correctly, it was ~1-1.25 MOA with 170 gr Hornady factory loads. It fed well and overall seemed like a nice rifle. Bolt was very smooth.

I have a mini that I've been playing with the last month. I upgraded the bottom metal to JO's aluminum factory replacement that uses factory mags and put it in a Stocky's. It feeds well with fmj's and should with anything due to it's mag setup. I'm planning to shorten one of the mags but haven't gotten to it yet. I've only shot Winchester 145 fmj's in it so far but it makes small clusters with them at 100 yards while shooting with a fairly heavy reticle set on 6x. The short S&B 1.5-6x42 fits it very well. It's a handy little rifle with it's short OAL, light weight, and holds very steady offhand with the heavier barrel. Recoil is very light. I'll probably take it hunting some this fall when I know it will be short range only. I picked it up out of curiosity but I've grown fond of it, more the overall package of this setup than the round. If I needed a straight wall cartridge or was set on a .350 Legend, it would be the way I'd go.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve looked at them a bit here and there, just for fun since we have no restrictions here. I prefer a barrel longer than 16” since I won’t supress it, though it seems you get at most about 100fps with a longer one. I’d consider the Franchi Momentum, the RAR, the Howa, and probably a Savage. If you don’t rule out single-shots, the CVA Scout looks to be a bargain, though I don’t know offhand if it’s threaded. I like the Henrys too, but they aren’t stocked for convenient scope use.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
I have had two ARs in .350 Legend, and both of them were prone to feeding issues. I have tweaked and fiddled with them enough, that they mostly work like they should, but they are still not 100% reliable. I still think a subsonic 250gr Sub-X bullet would be a hoot with a suppressor, but I don't want to deal with anymore .350 Legend finicky-ness.

Does anyone have a Ruger American or Howa Mini in .350 Legend? How do you like it? Does it cycle and feed like it should?

I have a Ruger American in .300 Blackout, and it's accurate as all get out with both supers and subs! Am I safe in assuming the .350L version is just as accurate?

I have 2 of the Winchester XPR in .350 Legend and they have been very good for the money. Surprisingly accurate. No issues with feed/ejection.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska

On your AR feeding issues. Have you tried grinding the magazine feed lips back .200 or to the middle of the rib? This fixed both the uppers I fooled with . Now 100% even with that crappy Winchester 145 gr. FMJ. You can even go a bit further back. Make sure and copy the original angle of the feed lip. For me it has proven to be a magazine issue and not an upper issue.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Had a Savage storm that was terrible,the bolt was real finicky to load a shell in the chamber. Bought a winchester xpr,no problems at all with it.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
My 350 is a LH Remington 700 cdl 223 that I had Shaw rebarrel with a 22in. stainless. It feeds fine and shoots great.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My brother and friend both have Ruger Ranch rifles in 350 Legend. Very accurate and no feeding issues. I would have bought one but I’m a lefty and Ruger doesn’t make a lefty 350. I bought a left handed Savage Axis. It
Is also accurate and feeds great.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by rickt300
On your AR feeding issues. Have you tried grinding the magazine feed lips back .200 or to the middle of the rib? This fixed both the uppers I fooled with . Now 100% even with that crappy Winchester 145 gr. FMJ. You can even go a bit further back. Make sure and copy the original angle of the feed lip. For me it has proven to be a magazine issue and not an upper issue.
I have not gone that far, yet. I polished the chamber, feed ramps, front of the bolt, and I removed the little o-ring from behind the extractor. All of these things helped quite a bit, but the the .350 is still temperamental and doesn't want to feed 100%. Shooting suppressed doesn't help, either. Everything gets dirty faster, and both of my .350s had to be prom-queen-clean, for them to behave. A little carbon fouling (20-30 rounds) would get the princesses all defiant and moody.

I'm glad to hear that the bolt action versions seem to be less problematic. I'll probably snag the first Ruger Gen2 Ranch that I see. I've liked the other Gen2s I've handled, recently, and the Ranch version makes a nice suppressor host. But, I haven't seen any in .350 Legend, yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone already asked, please excuse this, but are you using .350 mags? That seems to matter.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
My DuraMag says 350 L on it. Seems to feed great. Hopefully the new Ruger American Flush-Fit DuraMag will be available soon.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have a Winchester XPR in 350 and it has been flawless and shoots lights out. very happy with it

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have three. A Ruger American stainless, a Mossberg Patriot Walnut, and a CVA Cascade. All three sometimes hang up when feeding.

I've tried several different loads in each. The CVA and Ruger are close in accuracy, and better than the Mossberg- which is mediocre with everything.. but it has a fantastic Walnut stock!

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If someone already asked, please excuse this, but are you using .350 mags? That seems to matter.
Yes, I'm running CMMG .350 Legend magazines. I did bevel the inside front of the of magazine, to smooth out the sharp edge, but I haven't done anything with the feed lips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,056
Posts18,482,343
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.