Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They got into some legal trouble when they started performing Peace Train, and recording albums including it, because they had never bought the rights to it from Cat Stevens.

Issue must have been resolved, though, since available again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They were great back in the day when Natalie Merchant was their lead singer. I lost interest in them as soon as she left. And didn't like the work she was putting out on her own.

Some of her best work was after she went solo, it showcased her vocal talent far more than the Maniacs style allowed.....listen to the 2 tracks I posted, Natalie solo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cat was a strange cat.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fester

Bruce wrote some good stuff before he became a pushy, SFB bitch for the Left. I put the cutoff somewhere between Born to Run and The River.

Yeah, Natalie was pretty hot, beyond what you’d think at first glance. Her voice/accent is a big part, I think.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Yeah, Natalie was pretty hot, beyond what you’d think at first glance. Her voice/accent is a big part, I think.

She dated Michael Stipe from REM for a while, and he's gay as a $3 bill.....so I'd say she sucks in bed, but a great voice.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

She dated Michael Stipe from REM for a while, and he's gay as a $3 bill.....so I'd say she sucks in bed, but a great voice.

Wait a minute….. is that one of them double entendres I’ve heard about?🤔

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wait a minute….. is that one of them double entendres I’ve heard about?🤔

Exactly, what do you think REM stands for ? lol

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mary Ramsey has been with the band since the early 90s. Hard to tell her apart vocally from NM. The band was still tight as ever and sounded great although I hear a few members left the band recently. We got to BS with them at a local bar afterwards while they signed some swag. Cool dudes who just like making music.

Any band of 30 years plus usually has some turnover, someone dies, or it implodes. The only ones that come to mind who didn't are the Stones and U2, but I guess Wyman retired from the Stones, so there's that.

A favorite (Ramsey on background vocals):

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Mary Ramsey has been with the band since the early 90s. Hard to tell her apart vocally from NM. The band was still tight as ever and sounded great although I hear a few members left the band recently. We got to BS with them at a local bar afterwards while they signed some swag. Cool dudes who just like making music.

Any band of 30 years plus usually has some turnover, someone dies, or it implodes. The only ones that come to mind who didn't are the Stones and U2, but I guess Wyman retired from the Stones, so there's that.

A favorite (Ramsey on background vocals):

Right, right, right, then he proceeds to post another video with Natalie Merchant singing lololol

Some key band members CAN'T be replaced, it's that simple....they are the sound of the band. From Zeppelin to Leonard Skinner to the Allmann Bros, losing 1 key member especially the singer and they are done.

Natalie left in 93, that was a loooong time ago.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When's the last time you saw them live? The band is as good as it ever was - the line up last year had some great guitar playing. Vocals were good, but not a clone of NM, nor should she be. NM did a gig with the Cowboy Junkies that was amazing. I have nothing against her. The vid is just that, nothing more. Chill bro.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
My BIL played his first concerts with the Maniacs last week. They played Dallas, Austin, and Houston. I hope someone here was able to see them.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!

VarmintGuy has never heard of em’

Congrads to your people for landing the gig!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Congrats to your BIL... hope its a long relationship with the band.

I use to listen to them often, as they were a favorite on the play list of one of the radio stations in Metro Minneapolis.
City 97.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Cat was a strange cat.

Friggin Muslim, that's why! altho in his old age, he's mellowed out some.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by Jericho
I always thought Natalie was hot

Me too.

Me three.

Congrats to your bil. Even with no Natalie that’s a pretty cool accomplishment.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Looked up the maniacs with no recent videos. Would like to see a clip of the new line up. If someone here can find anything, could you please post it ??? And is that Varmint guy Slummy posted??

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They should have changed their name when Natalie Merchant left.

D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
From stalker to maniac: Rockford guitarist joins 10,000 Maniacs on tour
https://www.wifr.com/2024/04/16/stalker-maniac-rockford-guitarist-joins-10000-maniacs-tour/

Medics bury their mistakes..
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1234, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,013
Posts18,481,562
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.