Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I asked a local educator what was up with all the school closings these days when there is a weather threat, as opposed to an actual weather event. He said it's due to the world we're living in today, where people and lawyers are just looking for something to sue someone over, and the school systems are just covering their butts. I can understand that, even though it doesn't make sense sometimes.

I suspect it may be partially "them damn lawyers" but I suspect there's a whole lot of school administrators and staff who are perfectly happy to watch Price is Right and eat tacos on the recliner.

Our school system dismissed after lunch today when the bad weather was scheduled to arrive at 3:00pm dismal time. Fully understand the concern regarding lawyers. Half of our student population receive free or reduced lunches. If something happened to one of our students, negligence or not, without a doubt there would be a lawsuit sponsored by an ambulance chaser working on a percentage...

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I asked a local educator what was up with all the school closings these days when there is a weather threat, as opposed to an actual weather event. He said it's due to the world we're living in today, where people and lawyers are just looking for something to sue someone over, and the school systems are just covering their butts. I can understand that, even though it doesn't make sense sometimes.

I suspect it may be partially "them damn lawyers" but I suspect there's a whole lot of school administrators and staff who are perfectly happy to watch Price is Right and eat tacos on the recliner.

Our school system dismissed after lunch today when the bad weather was scheduled to arrive at 3:00pm dismal time. Fully understand the concern regarding lawyers. Half of our student population receive free or reduced lunches. If something happened to one of our students, negligence or not, without a doubt there would be a lawsuit sponsored by an ambulance chaser working on a percentage...

This and also as someone mentioned with todays tech like Zoom etc, missing in person time isnt much of a big deal as they can still hold "class" online. I know a vast majority of community colleges around here have transitioned to a majority of online classes as a way to reduce staff and infrastructure costs.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,672
Posts18,493,799
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.