Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Bought a safe at a bankruptcy auction last year. Perfect condition (just don't have the key, or the combination), but for its size it is one heavy piece of steel... about 28" square and 34" tall and weighs in at 1,000 pounds. They used a forklift to load it for me, and I used my Duct-Lift to off-load it and put it into the garage temporarily until I can figure out what I want to do with it. Think I gave $100 bucks for it, and plan on using it as a machine base for a benchtop mill (maybe putting a rubber pad under it for vibration. Price, they want for safe-cracking and supplying a new key and combination is outrageous and I don't expect there to be anything in it. But that being said, I have thought about turning it upside down and grinding out the bottom metal with a diamond wheel just to see. I can always weld the bottom back on after getting it open. I suppose welding a eye to the top, it would make a good boat anchor too.

Phil

You should have given the trafficked brown people 50 bucks instead.

It's the least you could do for supporting their slavery...you slimy cocķsucker.

I am MAGA.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Can always count on the little pissant cowboy on his plywood horse, always acts like the child he is. Spinless little [bleep]...

Phil

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Can always count on the little pissant cowboy on his plywood horse, always acts like the child he is. Spinless little [bleep]...

Phil

Spineless eh?

At least I don't support child sex trafficking and wage busting black folk.

Damn Phyllis.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I inherited my dads safe a couple of years ago. His was on wheels and rolled easily. I watched a couple of videos and it was a piece of cake. Loaded it in my trailer by myself and when I got homw, I loaded it in the garage by myself. There were zero stairs though. I'm not kidding, watch a couple of videos and it's not that hard.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BigGrz
Call someone else and pay them to do it. It’s what I did.

Yup!

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Pallet jack and plywood

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Those that have a 1000 or 800 lb safe what flooring support system is in place? Slab, 2x10, 2x12 16 OC ?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
You’re all retards . You’re welcome

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had movers move my old safe from the basement to the garage. Had a vault put in the new house. Builder finished the inside of the vault in exchange for my old safe. I helped him load it onto a trailer. Win win.

Last edited by JD338; 04/02/24.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mine is 1,700 pounds empty. When I installed it, I wanted it up off the floor, so the door didn't catch my bare feet when I opened it. So, I built a rebar reinforced 6" high concrete slab slightly larger than the bottom of the safe and anchored to the house slab in the den. When it dried, I covered it with stained and varnished oak. Using the safe dollies, I rolled it up over the slab and set it down, bolting it to the new slab. Now when I open the door its 8" up off the floor.

Phil

Bullfuqkingsheit . . . . . . . .nobody is gonna try and steal your pink and purple d i l d o collection.

Last edited by mirage243; 04/02/24.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Drill a hole in the top close to the center. If the door is heavier than the rest, offset the hole slightly towards the door. Put a 1/2 eye bolt in. Pick it up with a cherry picker and set it on a quality dolly.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bought a safe at a bankruptcy auction last year. Perfect condition (just don't have the key, or the combination), but for its size it is one heavy piece of steel... about 28" square and 34" tall and weighs in at 1,000 pounds. They used a forklift to load it for me, and I used my Duct-Lift to off-load it and put it into the garage temporarily until I can figure out what I want to do with it. Think I gave $100 bucks for it, and plan on using it as a machine base for a benchtop mill (maybe putting a rubber pad under it for vibration. Price, they want for safe-cracking and supplying a new key and combination is outrageous and I don't expect there to be anything in it. But that being said, I have thought about turning it upside down and grinding out the bottom metal with a diamond wheel just to see. I can always weld the bottom back on after getting it open. I suppose welding a eye to the top, it would make a good boat anchor too.

Phil

You are a lying piece of sheit

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Moved a couple, up stairs to outside and across lawn, had to lay down plywood to get to driveway.

I would hire someone next time I move.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Three medium size guys and brute strength is how my moving crew got mine in my basement. I'm lucky enough to be in a Cabela's store city so I was able to hire the company that moves safes for them. I thought they would have some magic equipment, but nothing of the sort. Just muscles and a dolly.

Edited to add: From the truck they had to go up three steps, make a fairly tight 90 degree turn and then go down 12 which ruled out a safe dolly. Safe weighs a shade over 800 pounds and it cost me $350.00 and a 30 of Busch Light.

Last edited by BOWHUNR; 04/02/24.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I moved three safes - two very large/heavy - 350 miles from the former place in the forest down to where we are. No steep stairs involved, but had to cross some sills and deal with rise/fall of levels.

Needed two additional guys at each end of trip. Raised safe from floor with sharp edge of crowbar and small wedges/blocks until I could get five 1 inch Sched 40 pipe sections as rollers. Ran a stout strap or rope around it just below mid point for some control and used come along as needed.

Rolled them onto truck bed using ramp - make sure to support ramp at its center - strap safe securely to bed wall. Reverse process for unloading. Just takes time, common sense and some sweat.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Funny. The OP makes a one-line question without any relevant details. And 8 months later, there are 75 responses without a single response from the OP.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GregOlts47
If you're planning to move it yourself, make sure to use a heavy-duty dolly and secure straps to prevent it from tipping over. You might also consider hiring professional movers who have experience with heavy items like safes. They'll have the right equipment and know-how to move it safely.

And this sock brought it to the top

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Seriously. F all information.

Heaviest I moved was 2.2tonnes with pallet trolley then truck with hiab.

Heavy got to watch it doesn’t go through floor etc, or get away from you.

For sloped driveway we lashed it to the bullbar of 4wd on pallet trolley. Wouldn’t do that again. Ended up selling it as too difficult to move and too heavy for wooden floors, I only had it on a slab.

Bloke needs to supply more information.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Switch

Yup!

Yep. They have electric dollies, special trailers

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I moved mine by myself, 800lbs empty. Just gotta be smarter than the load.

That being said, be careful. The business that I bought mine from is a Mom & Pop safe dealer with a couple of stores. The owner ran one store and his wife, the other. About a month ago the owner was in the store working alone as he always did, a safe fell over on him as he was moving it around and he was dead when found some time later in the evening. He was a fine example of what God would have us be and I pray that he didn't suffer.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.