Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
fburgtx Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/04/02/the-beecopalypse-has-been-canceled-n3785762

Guess we’ll get to spray for bugs around the house a little longer (before some OTHER reason is created to ban all the pesticides)…

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Habitat loss and civil expansion are real problems. But you can bet your ass that if David Attenborough makes a claim it’s absolute bullschhhettt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Howdy Honey Company in Mason county is trying to increase the bee population.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Plenty here

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A couple years ago, very close to us, someone built 3 or 4 very large metal warehouses. Then they put up a sign - Bee Storage. They keep thousands of hives in there during the winter under controlled conditions. In the spring, they're shipped to southern CA for the spring pollination season, and slowly moved north as needed. They end up back here in Idaho for our pollination season. Since then, I've heard of a couple other bee storage facilities in so. Idaho. It's a growing business.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A couple years ago, very close to us, someone built 3 or 4 very large metal warehouses. Then they put up a sign - Bee Storage. They keep thousands of hives in there during the winter under controlled conditions. In the spring, they're shipped to southern CA for the spring pollination season, and slowly moved north as needed. They end up back here in Idaho for our pollination season. Since then, I've heard of a couple other bee storage facilities in so. Idaho. It's a growing business.

Last year like others the bee companies came across southeastern Montana with semis loaded with hives. They had a great year, with all the moisture the white and yellow clover were thicker and higher than ever seen.

I know of one ranch where hives were placed near the county road and due to production new hives were continually added until it looked like a small city and all stacked maybe 6’ hi. Company doing it as sending all honey collected to California.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have bees on my flowering plants in the yard now. Honey and Bumble.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That's good news.

HS 58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got 4 hives, all becoming very active despite our roller coaster temps.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Another case of "The Science" not being settled.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My former neighbors kept a few bees, and it was a struggle keeping them going due to the parasites. When they moved, they found a new home for their hives. I always tried to avoid spraying when flowers were present to keep from killing their bees, and still do that for the native pollinators, which are filling in nicely, and frankly always did. I have a basswood tree, aka honey tree in my front yard, and when it has a lot of flowers, you can hardly hear yourself think around it because of the bee noise.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Honeybees are not even native to the US. The "bees are dying", "save the bees" campaigns are very similar to the global warming "crisis". There are other motivations for it, not to save the bees. It's now a marketing thing that suburbia is all in for and they can't even spell honeybee....

Honeybees aren't made to be trucked around like cows anyways.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pappy348
My former neighbors kept a few bees, and it was a struggle keeping them going due to the parasites. When they moved, they found a new home for their hives. I always tried to avoid spraying when flowers were present to keep from killing their bees, and still do that for the native pollinators, which are filling in nicely, and frankly always did. I have a basswood tree, aka honey tree in my front yard, and when it has a lot of flowers, you can hardly hear yourself think around it because of the bee noise.

Bees bred to do nothing but maximize honey production will always have health issues on average. It's a give or take thing that we have bred them for...

- Greg

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GregW
Honeybees are not even native to the US. The "bees are dying", "save the bees" campaigns are very similar to the global warming "crisis". There are other motivations for it, not to dave the bees. It's now a marketing thing that suburbia is all in for and they can't even spell honeybee....

An outfit I know just got sold. They used to truck bees from Montana to California, for almonds.

Draw a coues tag?

Last edited by Jcubed; 04/03/24.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Honeybees are not even native to the US. The "bees are dying", "save the bees" campaigns are very similar to the global warming "crisis". There are other motivations for it, not to save the bees. It's now a marketing thing that suburbia is all in for and they can't even spell honeybee....

+1. Note that the article referred to "feral" honeybees, because they aren't native to North America and the continent got along fine without them. I'm not hating on honeybees, but confirming the hysterical bs.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

+1. Note that the article referred to "feral" honeybees, because they aren't native to North America and the continent got along fine without them. I'm not hating on honeybees, but confirming the hysterical bs.

Didn't even read it honestly, just commenting...

I'd like to know what he is referring to as feral honeybees, as I deal with feral honeybees for a living. May have to read it in between calls today dealing with feral honeybees....

- Greg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dont see nearly as many wild honey bees as I did when growing up. Back then no one in our small town had bees, but the bees were everywhere.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I dont see nearly as many wild honey bees as I did when growing up. Back then no one in our small town had bees, but the bees were everywhere.

I suspect there is a correlation...

- Greg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
having "more hives" does not mean more bees in my opinion.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The wildest thing in my opinion is that bees have to be trucked into the agricultural mecca that is California.

There is something inherently wrong with that.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.