Campfire Outfitter
Trump and Putin's doing...wait for it.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, you need to get your stories straight. Are the "black box records" shocking, non-existent, or "guarded secrets"?:

Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
The black box contents are said to be "shocking," ....

Why the Black Box records ( if such exist) remain guarded secrets is perhaps understandable in the blame game.
I would offer you hicks "Reading Comprehension, in Simplified Form" but it would ruin all your fun. I am a compassionate saint.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That would be awesome! In return, I could show you how to write and not contradict yourself!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Teal - you can lead 'em to water, eh?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

If they won't listen to Teal, they've gotta listen to a guy named Tide Change.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ok Wise Man, time has come! Space Shuttle don't twist and turn on landing, agreed? Whatever caused that ship to abruptly turn was a force not found in nature, especially on this most curious of fateful days. Straight rudder - straight course. Numbers wise, 100,000 tons, 1000 foot hull, 45' in the drink going 8 knots will not stop for a mile. Huff and Puff all you want. No power to the rudder means it can't turn either. No problem. But it did! Why the Black Box records ( if such exist) remain guarded secrets is perhaps understandable in the blame game. That information will reveal all human intent and action.

It was aid bound for Palestine. The jews did it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I still say it was aliens with hyperbolic lasers...

Or some sort of alien voodoo...

Fo sure.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C

How’s a prop walk without spinning? Seems like someone said the engine died when the lights went out. But that boat turned sho nuff.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

How’s a prop walk without spinning? Seems like someone said the engine died when the lights went out. But that boat turned sho nuff.

Are you really this stupid, or just a troll?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Sigh... yes. Power off, boat drifts. Power on/smoke out stack as power/propulsion was restored. Full astern by the bridge - prop walk (single screw, aft end swings to port/lines up the bow to bridge) power off. Drifts some more. Power on - hits bridge.

Been repeated, discussed and dissected ad nauseum.

Me

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Teal

Sigh... yes. Power off, boat drifts. Power on/smoke out stack as power/propulsion was restored. Full astern by the bridge - prop walk (single screw, aft end swings to port/lines up the bow to bridge) power off. Drifts some more. Power on - hits bridge.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I think there was a Q drop about all that in 1999.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
My, how civil. Thank you. Your speculation is excellent, more excellent than most. If a trustworthy authority ever confirms that suggestion, the cause will be laid to rest. The decision to make such a stupid maneuver will then come under scrutiny, major scrutiny. What idiot would do that? There is a serious gap in this footage between lights out and back on. Why is that information deleted? Other sources suggest the turn initiated before loss of power. If true, why, or how? The order to drop the port anchor seems to confirm that the ship was indeed headed toward the bridge already when power failed. Who knows if they dropped it? Otherwise holding on a steady course would have been the normal reaction, taking advantage of the way on, impossible to shed. They would have easily cleared the bridge. Reversing would only defeat the anchor setting and could never have stopped the ship anyhow. Moreover, lights back on means auxiliary generator only, not full power. (I believe that was the official reporting?) Ship would have steering restored but no propulsion to walk the prop. Otherwise, excellent speculation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My, how civil. Thank you. Your speculation is excellent, more excellent than most. If a trustworthy authority ever confirms that suggestion, the cause will be laid to rest. The decision to make such a stupid maneuver will then come under scrutiny, major scrutiny. What idiot would do that? There is a serious gap in this footage between lights out and back on. Why is that information deleted? Other sources suggest the turn initiated before loss of power. If true, why, or how? The order to drop the port anchor seems to confirm that the ship was indeed headed toward the bridge already when power failed. Who knows if they dropped it? Otherwise holding on a steady course would have been the normal reaction, taking advantage of the way on, impossible to shed. They would have easily cleared the bridge. Reversing would only defeat the anchor setting and could never have stopped the ship anyhow. Moreover, lights back on means auxiliary generator only, not full power. (I believe that was the official reporting?) Ship would have steering restored but no propulsion to walk the prop. Otherwise, excellent speculation.

Got any links to those "other sources"?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The contents of the black box are "said to be shocking," but the sources cannot be revealed.

These and other relevant data were overheard whilst sipping a fine dessert coffee in a high-end steakhouse.

Most importantly, you heard it here first..

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Got any links to those "other sources"?

Try Redacted. Or YouTube. Any of the news reel yappers. Whatever the facts are, they must first be thoroughly massaged to fit the Truth before revealing. That's just my opinion. The rest, beyond innocent repetition, is pure conjecture. Don't blame me!

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I think there was a Q drop about all that in 1999.

Q drop?

Anchor DROP?

THE BRIDGE DROPPED?!?!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If prop walk was the cause, would it be accurate to say that whoever (pilot) gave the command for "full astern" was responsible for hitting the bridge?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The 'cyber aliens' held back on the gail force winds up until the bridge removal had begun.

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

If prop walk was the cause, would it be accurate to say that whoever (pilot) gave the command for "full astern" was responsible for hitting the bridge?

Responsibility for this begins with the root cause, i.e. what caused the loss of power, no the final frantic seconds of the person trying to save this situation.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 59 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,458
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.