Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by kennyd
We had a sheriff order a deputy to take a barricaded nut instead if waiting it out. . . 2nd floor apartment bedroom, they knew he had a rifle. Expected outcome. My opinion is said sherrif should be relieved of job.

It is almost always the grunts who get deaded.

That Sheriff should be fired immediately.

Why? If you are ok with a cops getting a free pass for shooting a 10 year old, stealing $225k, destroying the wrong house, and so on, wanting the sheriff to suffer a downside makes no sense.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...deputies-obeyed-commands-vide-rcna146037

There are plenty of bad decisions to go around. The video of the above incident is equally sickening.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Jim1611
If criminals were punished as they should be the gene pool would be thinned out. Yet how many are roaming freely just waiting to kill, rape, etc. again. I wouldn't blame officers if it was standard procedure to carry a riot gun in hand on every stop!

His boss has tried to make sure le aren't encountering armed individuals.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Albuquerque_gun_ban

I'm not clicking on your link but anything with the words "gun ban" is not the solution. There would be no repeat offenders if violent thugs were executed as they should be.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
If criminals were punished as they should be the gene pool would be thinned out. Yet how many are roaming freely just waiting to kill, rape, etc. again. I wouldn't blame officers if it was standard procedure to carry a riot gun in hand on every stop!

His boss has tried to make sure le aren't encountering armed individuals.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Albuquerque_gun_ban

I'm not clicking on your link but anything with the words "gun ban" is not the solution. There would be no repeat offenders if violent thugs were executed as they should be.

That was the Governor of New Mexico banning the possession of firearms in public.

Apparently gun ban is a(or the) solution to NMSP and other agencies.

I would guess there would be fewer offenders if .gov got out if the gun ban business, but that isn't a popular idea with .gov, their le branch, or supporters.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There’s a difference between those who actually do the job and those who are in the office. Qualified immunity only applies if an officer was doing his job in good faith and does not exclude them for intentional misconduct or violation of the law. Argue the point as much as you like but I guarantee you that police officers are sued more than most. Let’s strap a camera on you all day long and see how much of a saint you are. Guarantee you aren’t as high and mighty as you think.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by brinky72
There’s a difference between those who actually do the job and those who are in the office. Qualified immunity only applies if an officer was doing his job in good faith and does not exclude them for intentional misconduct or violation of the law. Argue the point as much as you like but I guarantee you that police officers are sued more than most. Let’s strap a camera on you all day long and see how much of a saint you are. Guarantee you aren’t as high and mighty as you think.

How does a person steal $225,000 in good faith? I didn't see a Nigerian prince or military coup leader listed as the victim filing the deprivation of rights civil suit on that one.

I am sure cops get sued a lot. The issue is le not being on the hook for the payout when their behavior violated rights, but just slightly different than rights were violated in another incident like the $225k.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not saying it doesn’t happen. Never did. And yes, they shouldn’t be entitled to any kind of immunity. Also, you’re pointing out an act committed by few amongst many. What does this have to do with the original post other than you belaboring your personal opinion because you got a parking ticket once upon a time ago and thought you were wronged. I bet if we took a hard look at your chosen career field we’d find all kinds of bad actors. I believe that the OP shared a video regarding a police officer killed in the line of duty because of piss poor policy enacted by his superiors. Not sure how that relates to your opinion on a non related matter of $225K being stolen by some other police officers and qualified immunity. But keep hating for the sake of hating and I hope you never find yourself in a position where you’re praying to god for the corrupt police to show up and save you. I’m sure you’re capable of solving all that needs to be solved on your own.

Last edited by brinky72; 04/04/24.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Slavek
There should be no individual immunity, everyone should be held accountable for their actions.

Why should someone be liable for violating a right that is not clearly established in the constitution or clearly established by statute?

Oh yeah, such as these officers who stole over $225,000.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksi...tealing-over-225000-have-legal-immunity/

"Ninth Circuit briskly concluded that “the city officers are entitled to qualified immunity.”

So you're upset with the 9th circuit as well?

Maybe you can alternate your bìtching posts, judges/le/judges/le....equally distribution of outrage.

Bad cops, bad prosecutors, and bad judges are a 3 legged stool. Why else would the judges decide that the officers couldn't possibly know that stealing cash is violating rights?

I just want you to bìtch equally. The only thing you post about is your hatred for cops. Spread the wealth fùckface

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
There should be no individual immunity, everyone should be held accountable for their actions.

Why should someone be liable for violating a right that is not clearly established in the constitution or clearly established by statute?

"Ninth Circuit briskly concluded that “the city officers are entitled to qualified immunity.”

Maybe you can alternate your bìtching posts, judges/le/judges/le....equally distribution of outrage.

Bad cops, bad prosecutors, and bad judges are a 3 legged stool. Why else would the judges decide that the officers couldn't possibly know that stealing cash is violating rights?

I just want you to bìtch equally. The only thing you post about is your hatred for cops. Spread the wealth fùckface

I post about other stuff.

I don't have a hatred for cops.

Why don't you tell us how grown adults would be unable to know stealing is wrong because they are cops?

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by brinky72
. I believe that the OP shared a video regarding a police officer killed in the line of duty because of piss poor policy enacted by his superiors. Not sure how that relates to your opinion on a non related matter of $225K being stolen by some other police officers and qualified immunity.

OP said

quote=local_dirt]
. The stupid sons A bitches that lied about what they said and did to keep the payout down need a public hanging for what they did to that family. Personally responsible and didn't cost them a nickel.[/quote]

Want to know how the acts committed by the "stupid sons A bitches" superiors "didn't cost them a nickel"?

Big hint, it's the same thing that enabled colleagues of the "stupid sons A bitches" to steal $225k and not be on the hook for the civil suit payout due to the rights violations.

Seems OP is ok with the idea of police being protected by qualified immuniity against civil suits when they violate the rights of peons, but wants qualified immunity denied when police violate the rights of other police as was the case with Jerrott's death.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Why don't you tell us how grown adults would be unable to know stealing is wrong because they are cops?

You bìtch. You bìtch about cops. 90% of your posts. But you don't bìtch about lawyers or judges. Bìtch equally, that's all.

Keep crying on the internet. That will fix everything lol

Coward

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/04/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

You bìtch. You bìtch about cops. 90% of your posts. But you don't bìtch about lawyers or judges. Bìtch equally, that's all.

Keep crying on the internet. That will fix everything lol

Coward

Just minutes ago your claim was I only post about cops, now it's 90%.

Why can't you keep your story straight? Is that related to why you are defending some of your colleagues stealing $225k?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BÌTCHER10

Why can't you keep your story straight? Is that related to why you are defending some of your colleagues stealing $225k?

Keep bìtching. I've asked you multiple times if you've taken the time to do anything other than bìtch. You haven't. You aren't interested in doing. You are only concerned with bìtching. Bìtch on.

I wanted to keep in mind you might accidentally post not bìtching about cops. But outside if that....look at your own post history you dumb fùck, it's obvious.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Keep bìtching. I've asked you multiple times if you've taken the time to do anything other than bìtch. You haven't. You aren't interested in doing. You are only concerned with bìtching. Bìtch on.

I wanted to keep in mind you might accidentally post not bìtching about cops. But outside if that....look at your own post history you dumb fùck, it's obvious.

No, you asked me if I pointed out the StreetCopTraining series to LE agencies that are already attending and enjoying it so you aren't keeping your story straight again.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No, you asked me if I pointed out the StreetCopTraining series to LE agencies that are already attending and enjoying it so you aren't keeping your story straight again.

No you stupid fùcking idiot. I asked if you if you had made your state's law enforcement certification board aware of the issue. News flash moron, if police don't get credit hours towards their certification, they won't take the training and their department dam sure won't pay for it. But you wouldn't know that because you don't know much....except to bìtch and moan on the internet.

You are the typical do nothing coward that can't even make a phone call or send an email. You want to complain, because that's all you've done your entire pathetic life.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

No you stupid fùcking idiot. I asked if you if you had made your state's law enforcement certification board aware of the issue. News flash moron, if police don't get credit hours towards their certification, they won't take the training and their department dam sure won't pay for it. But you wouldn't know that because you don't know much....except to bìtch and moan on the internet.

You are the typical do nothing coward that can't even make a phone call or send an email. You want to complain, because that's all you've done your entire pathetic life.

Oh yeah, I bet all the folks wearing uniforms get really upset about le training of that nature.

https://www.ptb.illinois.gov/about/board-members/

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Keep running from the truth of your inaction. You won't take a stand. A phone call or email.....it's that easy.

Is it laziness or cowardice?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Pretty sure the superiors could and should be on the hook administratively, criminally and civilly. Qualified immunity doesn’t protect you from squat in that respect. Been in it for 25 years and I’ve seen people in law enforcement fry for much less. If cops are seemingly getting away with anything these days chances are there is evidence that you’re not seeing or is being reported that exonerates them. A lot of times the public doesn’t get everything for reasons far and above understanding. Many times it’s to protect people in places that are simply no body’s damn business. I don’t know the facts surrounding the particular case you speak of but I doubt street level cops pocketed $225 K and got away with it for no good reason. That likely connects to much higher levels than street cops. Your concern and contempt would be better aimed at elected officials much higher on the food chain such as mayors, governors and up.

Last edited by brinky72; 04/04/24.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Keep running from the truth of your inaction. You won't take a stand. A phone call or email.....it's that easy.

Would you all please investigate this and find you did nothing wrong.

https://post.nv.gov/General/Commission_Directory/

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Would you all please investigate this and find you did nothing wrong.

https://post.nv.gov/General/Commission_Directory/

It's cowardice. You won't even address your inaction about something you know is wrong. Sad.

You demand police do the right thing, but you can't. A phone or email.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1234, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,016
Posts18,481,606
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.