Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, so if not, mods please move.

I have a Stevens 200 7-08 that I want to put a new stock on it. I am thinking of the B&C Carbelite stock.The stock for the Savage 10 series should fit it. I like the spiderweb look, btw.

Has anyone had any experience with these stocks-good or bad?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a couple of them, ain't no McMillan but head and shoulders above the factory stuff. On that Stevens, if it is the new single stack magazine you'll have trouble finding a stock for it. The mag. cutout is longer as is the screw spacing. Most everything in the catalogs is for the older double stack mag. Be sure to call B&C to confirm that you get the right stock. I think I read that Kevin Rayhill (Stockade Stocks) was building for the newer receiver.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have a Carbelite but did buy a Medalist for my Browning. What a difference. It reduced recoil (even over my installed Sims Limbsaver), improved the smoothness and function of the action, and dramatically improved accuracy consistency. This rifle shoots everything great and to a standard point of impact now. If I had to mention a negative it would be that it is slightly bulkier feeling in the grip but then the Browning stock was extremely slender. Overall I am MUCH happier with the B and C. I would imagine a carbelite would be a big improvement over the factory Stevens stock and well worth the money. You can get it in good looking camo choices too. Mine was a 99% drop in. I did the tiniest amount of sanding in the barrel channel and that may not have been needed.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Thanks for that info. The rifle is a couple of years old.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

ain't no McMillan

Ain't $500 either. No doubt Mcmillan is a great stock...the Bell & Carlson is half the price and offers aluminum bed and blocking (Medalist Model)starting at $200. They also have a great selection of patterns. The B&C is very rigid and can take a beating, it just can't match the Mcmillan in weight. All in all, it is a pretty fine stock and has been the preferred choice of Weatherby for all their factory Vanguards and Mark Vs.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup... They're good stocks and inexpensive too but I think that ALL of them are as heavy or heavier than factory stocks so weight savings is not a good reason to get one. shocked

$bob$

Many who have freedom have no idea where they got it....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not the lightest but alot better thanthe tupperware it comes with.

Mine isnt a drop-in like they say. I need to relieve the barrel channel and around the reciever a little bit.

Sure looks nice with the heavy barrel.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Where do you guys get your B&C stock anyways? I had one that I got used and it was for LH M700 and was significantly better that the factory wood stock but I don't really buy MCM for weight alone...I buy cuz you loonies keep singing praises of them. laugh

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have two B&Cs currently. Both for M77s. the long action is a few years old an its 30.5 oz and the newest is for a MKII SA and its 32.25oz. As a comparison my Mcmillian ruger classic SA painted with a 1" pad, STD fill is 33.75 oz. So I would have to say there neck and neck with a McMillan for weight... unless your talking about an EDGE.

The McMillan level of fit and finish is better and it feels denser/tougher.. but the B&Cs work. Based on my B&Cs inleting finish I wouldn't use mine with out a bedding job.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lock Stock and Barrel is a good source for them. I have three and really like them. All of mine are for Remington 700's.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
ordered a b&C duramaxx for our savage from midway. Like it alot

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What would be a good light weight replacement stock for a Howa M1500 ? Cost is a factor.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gmountain
Has anyone had any experience with these stocks-good or bad?

I have a B&C carbelite on my .375 and am very pleased with it. They are good utilitarian stocks and not too pricey. The stock on my .375 is one of the old models that had the built in sling. My only heartburn is they don't offer this model any more.

Their customer service is excellent too.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,154
Posts18,484,287
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.