Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
There must be a back story about getting fired for sick days. They wanted her gone. There are no “mental health days" in the contract. She violated the sick days rules, the consequences are clearly spelled out in the contract.

Contract

Public school teachers in northern Cincinnati suburbs are extremely well compensated. It would be advisable to live by the terms of the contract. She chose not to.

She is also a member of the Loveland Board of Education. In my opinion, the Loveland BOE lacks transparency, mis-represents the facts about the district’s financial position, and runs the schools for the sole benefit of the teachers union, while the students and taxpayers take a back seat on all decisions.

Unionized public education is a disaster.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
This is an example where I think sick days and vacation days seperated is a fawkin reeeeeetawdid scheme. It's a paid day off, who cares if it's a physical or mental 'sick' day.

Hopefully she can get hired at a private skool, and get away from those jealous T\/\/ATS.
Which is why employers are moving to PTO rather than sick days and leave days.
PTO is designed to screw with employees.
It’s usually requested and can be denied.

We get vacation, and sick/personal days.
After 3 consecutive sick days they can ask for a
doctors excuse, otherwise their use is personal.
You don’t have to ask, they can’t be denied.

P/S days are the last thing I use.
It’s not an issue where I work now, used to be.
It’s nice to have a few earned days that are actually yours to control. Ironically, if not used at the end of the year, P/S days are lost, vacation is paid.
My experience has been different.

The intent, of course, is to discourage abuse if SL.

Call in sick and it reduces vacation time. If truly needed, employees will take it regardless.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 14 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,839
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.