Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I am THERE now with the insurance BS.

Got the bill for the house and outbuilding insurance today. Last year they went up to $3800 from about 2400 the year before.

This year it damn near doubled. Over $6000 for the year. Never filed a claim. Never missed paying on time.

AND they added a $250 "office fee" charge to every client they have. They explained that everyone got that charge to help keep their office open, and phones answered, etc.

Okay. GFY. See how long you stay in business now. eek

That insurance cost has reached the point that I feel the extortion costs far outweighs the risk from my standpoint.

They get the GFY phone call tomorrow.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow. How much coverage?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Our school district just got hit with a 60% raise in health insurance costs.

Yep....gonna lay off teachers to afford it.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You will own nothing, and you will be happy.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prolly has something to do with the importation of criminals. Send a bill to Abbott.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

That's what the govt wants.

But for now I own everything free and clear. No loans on the ranch or the houses on it, or the outbuildings. Guess I'm in a position to "self insure"...

I feel sorry for those who have loans that require insurance as a condition of loan. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
Prolly has something to do with the importation of criminals. Send a bill to Abbott.

Hey Dumbass... It's not Abbott who opened the borders.

I know you foam at the mouth at every thing related to Texas, but Biden is the root cause of the wetback invasion, as well as the inflation that caused insurance rates to soar.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our home and auto (2) insurance runs us about $150 month.
Don't know where you live or how big your house is.
Full coverage on the house and state required on 2 paid off vehicles.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Shop around before the GFY call.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

That's what the govt wants.

But for now I own everything free and clear. No loans on the ranch or the houses on it, or the outbuildings. Guess I'm in a position to "self insure"...

I feel sorry for those who have loans that require insurance as a condition of loan. frown

I'm in the same boat as you. From what I'm seeing the insurance companies are doing it nationwide. Young people are being taken to the cleaners. Insurance, food, energy prices and housing are a daunting hurdle. Add in taxes and you are looking at serfdom.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer

Our auto insurance and full coverage on my tractors and equipment, etc. is about $1200 a year.

The OP was just for homeowners and outbuilding coverage here at the ranch. (About $300k in buildings, or less, total)

So they claimed "Inflation" is the reason, but they didn't increase the coverage.... So if your house burns down, you won't get enough coverage settlement to pay the replacement.

Nah, not playing their game anymore. Done with that BS.

What it amounts to is insurance companies have had to cover losses elsewhere, and they are passing that cost on to us. Fugg 'em and feed 'em fish heads.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
All You can do is pay or shop a better deal. I figure the illegal invasion is a factor.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Dang, just ask wife if our ranch, house, barns, cattle had gone up, she hasn’t heard anything yet, ours is with a Farm and Ranch Co. That a lot have, and we live where the fires were. I can’t insure all my tractors, would cost a fortune.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Insurance is a crazy deal.

A friend of ours shopped around locally for their farm/ranch policy and saved $20k(yr) by going to another agent. I remember the conversation quite well and they were a little hot about the 'deal' from the old agent!

We are just small time and our entire policy is only $4k per year and that is for $400-500k worth of 2 old rez houses. About the same as our property taxes.

My little bit of cow related stuff is under my parent's farm umbrella so that helps out some.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm not a bit surprised. My home owners is up 40+%, Travel trailer up 35+%, personal umbrella up 50+%, auto insurance up 35+%. My side X side insurance is $370.00, plus and additional $600.00 on umbrella policy. If you are wondering why just turn on your TV at night and there are back to back to back advertisements by personal injury blackmailing attorneys. Ass holes make it sound like you hit the jackpot if you are injured.They just file a law suit and claim millions in damages and get 35% to 50% of the settlement from the insurance settlement. The shysters spend little more than a postage stamp and filing fee. The insurance company takes the position that it is too expensive to defend, which can run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, so they settle for a exorbitant amount. Blackmailer gets 50% and the"injured" person gets 50%, the policy holder gets screwed with higher and higher rates, round and round we go. Something is very wrong here.

I'm spending over $10,000.00 per year just to cover my ass and really don't know if I have enough coverage.

BTW the side X side is for sale, I cannot justify the cost.

In the mean time a lot of people that own nothing are left alone to carry minimum insurance, so the crooks don't bother them. Maybe that is the way to go.

I hope there is such a thing as karma. There is a special place in Hell for lairs and thieves!

Last edited by Switch; 04/05/24.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I know you foam at the mouth at every thing related to Texas, but Biden is the root cause of the wetback invasion, as well as the inflation that caused insurance rates to soar.
He didn’t do schit for three plus years, not a damn thing, now after Almost 4 years and during an election year he pretends to give a Schit. Sending unarmed NG troops to the boarder as a photo op phony show of force that proved to be less than useless.

You know why your insurance is skyrocketing, you are just incapable of admitting that your Governor and your Bush Dynasty State Houses are useless as Tits on. Bore.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer

You probably don't have enough coverage!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You should shop it every year. They raise it, you shop it. What a game

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by plumbum
Shop around before the GFY call.

This. Talk to an independent agent. Request quotes for coverage with a high deductible. This amounts to self insuring for small issues without risking catastrophic loss.

Caveat: This advice may not apply if you’re sitting on a huge pile of money. In that case, do whatever you feel like doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

PREZACTLY! Poor ole Stevie sure got a bad case of Texas Derangement Syndrome.

She must be really proud of her Minnysoda Somalian Rep and neighbors up there in the frozen Schitthole she calls home. 🤪😂😂😂

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/05/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,257
Posts18,486,360
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.