Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still sniffing around. Nothing sticks out. The closest tower is 2 miles away.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Do you have any lights in the shop that are Bluetooth? Maybe even a stand alone one above a work bench

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Shouldn’t make a schit if ur in Bumfuk Egypt or the surface of tha moon

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang,

this is serving as a good reminder I should look into getting an older, non-computer, vehicle

high counrty, hope you get it figured out.

just one more thing....................you haven't seen any......................

ALIENS!

lately, have you?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Dang,

this is serving as a good reminder I should look into getting an older, non-computer, vehicle

just one more thing....................you haven't seen any......................

ALIENS!

lately, have you?

That you, Gus ??? 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nah,

just keeping his memory alive.

I miss the fella,

made more sense at times than some of the yahoos we have around nowadays.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You might try flipping off the main breaker to your house. See if you still have the problem. If you don't, flip all the breakers off, flip the main breaker back on and then flip each breaker back on one at a time to see which breaker is powering the interference.

Harry
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You’ve killed the power from the house and shop. That would normally eliminate my suspicion, a switching power supply. They are notorious for RFI.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I killed the main to the shop with no change. I need to wait a bit on the house as it's snowing here and there's a ton of load on it today. I've pulled the batteries on the rigs with the viper alarms as they do communicate with the remotes....nothing. my wife did mention that the batteries in the remote was only lasting a few weeks vs months, which tells me there's possibly something close to that freq.

This is bizarre.

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Ya ur remotes have different fcc #s between vhkls wierd🤷‍♂️

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Dang,

ALIENS!

lately, have you?

I'm not a boomer, but you're not wrong. At least once a week I shake my head at something either I personally have to deal with, or watch somebody else deal with, that's not mechanical and the downside to being reliant on such technological idiocy becomes immediately apparent.

What should be simple, and used to be simple, can quickly render otherwise fully functional adults, totally useless.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Fcc id on your fobs will get you an idea of the frequencies involved. I have a dealer installed remote starter and that one operates between 904.0 to 923.6. That one is a frequency hopping device. The door key fob is at 315 mhz. I was able to verify this by firing up a sdrplay RSPdx software defined radio and setting the frequency and watching the waterfall display. The radio grabs a 2-10mhz chunk of spectrum depending on selected sampling rate.

What are the FFC id's on the back of your fobs?

Some systems use a challenge response scheme where there is two way communications, adds more to consider.

Last edited by Szumi; 04/06/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I weren't retired I'd borrow a spectrum analyzer and high gain antenna from work and start sniffing for it. Baring that I think those telling you to start by powering things down is best.

If that doesn't work try googling RF sniffer and the frequency range of your fob. Might be able to find something cheap.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Find an old transistor radio. Turn it on and tune to a non transmitting station. Walk around and see if it buzzes louder at certain places. I had similar problem for years. Tried everything. It was the transformer for the door bell that wa sup in the attic that was intermittenly shortening out.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Friend of mine put LED lights in his machine shop. I want to say it knocked out is AM radio he listened too and something else didn’t work. Seems like he had to put resistors or diodes, something on the lights to fix it.

I worked for a control system company, refineries, chem plants etc. in the early days you couldn’t key a radio lost e to a controller cabinet. Would play hell with control system.

Thanks, Billy
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Are there any neighbors nearby? I was actually the cause of my neighbor’s garage door problems a few years ago. Weirdest thing as there is a house in between us and they had no issues!

I bought a dozen mr16 LED bulbs from Amazon to use in my landscape lights. My neighbor started complaining that his garage door keypad would stop working around sunset until 10:00-11pm. Eventually I had a lightbulb moment that those times corresponded to the timer settings on my lights. Sure enough, I turned them off and his stuff worked perfectly. I replaced all the bulbs.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
New can lights, i installed some can lights in my garage and the dang things screw up radio signals.

Be reasonable. Do it my way!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You should live near the R&D center for the USAF, I got PO years ago and traced the crap, until I got to Classified. Apparently the defenders of our country were testing new jamming technology. So now I just, ignore the little hiccups, doors locking, sat reliever stoppages, power flickering, etc. When you do not hear the bird coming, only going away, it is a dead give away.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
FCC ID#'s GO43T11T
EZSDE1478
EZSDE17141
the factory Ram isn't listed.

.....and my ford won't respond here either. Our subaru is the lone survivor.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have one neighbor about 60 yards away and then nothing.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

732 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,843
Posts18,478,259
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.