Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3,833 of 3,936 1 2 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3935 3936
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by granitestate1
By putting a board on top of a person who is laying down and tied, then they would start piling rocks on the board, they would sufficate before they were actually crushed.
Chit......I thought for sure starch was going to be involved.

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Beagler
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. - Second Amendment to the US Constitution

Regulate Reg"u*late (-l[=a]t), v. t. [L. regulatus, p. p. of regulare, fr. regula. See Regular.]

1. To adjust by rule, method, or established mode; to direct by rule or restriction; to subject to governing principles or laws.

2. To put in good order; as, to regulate the disordered state of a nation or its finances.

3. To adjust, or maintain, with respect to a desired rate, degree, or condition; as, to regulate the temperature of a room, the pressure of steam, the peed of a machine, etc.
[1913 Webster]

The first portion of the 2A is too often ignored. Clearly the first definition of regulate is proscribed by the latter portion of the amendment. Instead the constitution recognizes the necessity of a well regulated militia using the latter two definitions of regulate. Imagine if the state expended the same treasure to so regulate the militia in school programs as they do to regulate sports in school and thereby establish vibrant programs. Instead they eschew the appropriate definitions in favor of the first. Why governments have been instituted by men has been forgotten.

Clearly why do please 'splain ? And remember, the Bill of Rights are all Personal Rights. Added because the People were mentioned no where else. The entire rest of the Constitution is powers of/restrictions on its Government.

Not sure what you're asking. I'm not very proficient with Fierybonics (dibs on Trademark). The second half of the 2A is pretty clear in its limits on government regarding the recognized right of the people (individually) to keep and bear arms. The first half of the 2A recognized that if the RTKBA is not widely practiced (collectively) the free state is in jeopardy. The government is failing in both respects. They infringe on individual rights and they regulate in order to diminish rather than encourage shooting activities. The latter is the point of the meme. Think school shooting programs, CMP, burdensome restrictions on firearm, ammunition, and reloading component manufacturers. At these prices, the related businesses should be booming.

The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State. - Indiana Constitution, Article 1, Section 32

And yet, state and county courthouses increasingly violate our rights. Strangely[/s], they are becoming more dangerous. Consequently, the state is now allowing more people in government office to carry in these public buildings which are often the repositories of the people's papers [4A]. In my opinion, the first half of the 2A is equally clear: Through poor regulation, as this inalienable right is restricted amongst the people and expanded amongst the government the security of a free state (all our freedom) dies.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Indiana's problem is the conjunction joining the Person to the State. And too verbose. 32 sections to what should be a very simple statement.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by granitestate1
By putting a board on top of a person who is laying down and tied, then they would start piling rocks on the board, they would sufficate before they were actually crushed.

Jeepers

Peine forte et dure

The point of it was that if you entered a plea and were convicted, not only would you be hanged but all of your estate would be forfeit.

If you refused to enter a plea you'd be subject to the peine forte et dure, pressing you (literally) to enter a plea. If you held out until death you would not have been convicted, and therefore your family would inherit your estate rather than being cast into penury. You'd still be dead though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Imma draw the line at Raw doggin' hookers

Jus' sayin.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by RAM
Indiana's problem is the conjunction joining the Person to the State. And too verbose. 32 sections to what should be a very simple statement.

Here I read 'State' as 'We the People' not 'We the Government.' This aligns with both portions of the 2A. As to the verbosity of the Indiana Constitution, article 1 is the state bill of rights. Section 1 is a terse summation of the Declaration of Independence.

WE DECLARE, That all people are created equal; that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that all power is inherent in the people; and that all free governments are, and of right ought to be, founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety, and well-being. For the advancement of these ends, the people have, at all times, an indefeasible right to alter and reform their government. - Indiana Constitution, Article 1, Section 1.

What part of this remains inviolate at any level of our present government(s)? None, I contend. You seem to be more focused on the structure of these constitutions. I, on the other hand, am more concerned that our governments have become unmoored from them. This being a meme thread, I rest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Pretty weird....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DMc
Goriloodle?

Last edited by MikeL2; 04/05/24.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I still have mine.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Page 3,833 of 3,936 1 2 3831 3832 3833 3834 3835 3935 3936

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (160user, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,952 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,026
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.