Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by steve4102
If they send a cop to direct traffic, so be it.

You sound like one of the people who call because they don’t want to handle it themselves but then tell the police exactly how to handle it when they get there.
I don’t call, period.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There is no scenario in life where I would ever call a LEO for assistance.

Go ahead, call for help, just don’t be surprised when you end up dead.

If you ever have to use justifiable deadly force against another human, would you call the police? Are you going to shovel and shut up? What if a witness calls the police and police start arriving near you? Are you going to play nice with the police or are you going to flip out into your usual paranoia and “defend yourself” from ending up dead?

What if you are in a situation where deadly force is not warranted, say you witness a vandalism against your vehicle in a parking lot. What are you going to do?
Use deadly force anyway? (See above.)
Forget about it? (Your insurance company would want a police report.)
Beat the miscreant up, take restitution in the form of his personal possessions, and leave?
Make a “citizen’s arrest,” throw the guy in the back seat of your car and try to book him into the nearest jail?
Throw him in the back seat of your car and lock him up in your basement to serve out his time?

You really need to step away from the Internet and whatever news sources that you rely upon. They are giving you a warped sense of reality, where the exceptions are your perceived norm.

We could ask Richard "Gary" Black if he had survived the good shoot.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...eowner-defending-his-family/73-620524248

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Everywhere I’ve lived the last 40 years, the FD or EMT truck is on scene at accidents way before LE arrives. Love the firemen!

I’m glad I’ve been off the job many years and don’t have to make those life or death decisions dealing with the drug addled perps. My defense now is to stay away from them and places they hang out. I hope none of them rely on rules of engagement or procedures to protect them if they are threatening me or my wife. Mozambique first response if quick escape is impossible.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Strop10

If you ever have to use justifiable deadly force against another human, would you call the police? Are you going to shovel and shut up? What if a witness calls the police and police start arriving near you? Are you going to play nice with the police or are you going to flip out into your usual paranoia and “defend yourself” from ending up dead?

What if you are in a situation where deadly force is not warranted, say you witness a vandalism against your vehicle in a parking lot. What are you going to do?
Beat the miscreant up, take restitution in the form of his personal possessions, and leave?
Make a “citizen’s arrest,” throw the guy in the back seat of your car and try to book him into the nearest jail?
Throw him in the back seat of your car and lock him up in your basement to serve out his time?

You really need to step away from the Internet and whatever news sources that you rely upon. They are giving you a warped sense of reality, where the exceptions are your perceived norm.

We could ask Richard "Gary" Black if he had survived the good shoot.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...eowner-defending-his-family/73-620524248
Not smart walking toward LE with a gun in your hand under any circumstances! I know of an incident where an histerical woman rushed out of an apartment toward officers responding to a call of a shooting there. She was screaming unintelligibly and waving and pointing a handgun and didn’t obey the commands to drop the weapon. One officer received a commendation for NOT shooting the woman and the partner was a vocal critic of his action not to shoot. She had just shot an intruder into her home.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by WAM
Everywhere I’ve lived the last 40 years, the FD or EMT truck is on scene at accidents way before LE arrives. Love the firemen!
Contrary to popular 'perception'' (I'm sure it's earned in some places) our FD/EMS and PD get along great. In fact, we share a building and are going back-and-forth all the time.

I have the opposite experience from you and have never lived anywhere that a copper didn't show up first. That likely has to do with the rural nature of my hometown and the smaller communities I tended towards after.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by MOGC

Suppose he should have the misfortune of being seriously injured in a vehicle accident and happens to be gushing blood from a life-threatening wound when the officers arrive on the scene and begin patching him up until the ambulance and EMT's get there 10-30 minutes away. Do you think steve4102 is gonna wave them off and refuse service?
I asked that same question of a female was was outraged at the number of local LEOs who weren't getting vaccinated during covid. No response.......

Exemptions were common.

https://news.wttw.com/2022/06/20/fi...olice-officers-won-t-have-get-vaccinated

"To enforce, not to obey..."

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
My nephew is a cop in a large southwestern city and simply refused the shot when required by his department. They eventually just gave up and stopped asking. He's still a cop there. Promoted to detective, in fact, just a couple months ago.

PS He got COVID and said it was like a cold, other than losing his sense of taste for a few weeks.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Suppose he should have the misfortune of being seriously injured in a vehicle accident and happens to be gushing blood from a life-threatening wound when the officers arrive on the scene and begin patching him up until the ambulance and EMT's get there 10-30 minutes away. Do you think steve4102 is gonna wave them off and refuse service?
I asked that same question of a female was was outraged at the number of local LEOs who weren't getting vaccinated during covid. No response.......

Exemptions were common.

I'll help you out again:
NH had no vaccinations mandates which would have necessitated an exemption.

What happens in Chitcago is, well......not my problem.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WAM
Contrary to popular 'perception'' (I'm sure it's earned in some places) our FD/EMS and PD get along great. In fact, we share a building and are going back-and-forth all the time.

I have the opposite experience from you and have never lived anywhere that a copper didn't show up first. That likely has to do with the rural nature of my hometown and the smaller communities I tended towards after.
Ya mean like this.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 700LH

Run that through the Louis Farakhan crowd calculator and #22 suddenly becomes ranks 1 thru 5.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t call police for assistance. Filing a paperwork report is NOT asking for ASSISTANCE. It’s clerical.

911 Call Center: “911, what’s your emergency”

steve4102: “I’m at X and Y Streets and my car just got rear ended by a truck that hit me at a high rate of speed and caused me to hit the car in front of me. My neck is killing me and my passenger is messed up. We are trapped in the car. The driver of the truck appears to be intoxicated. There is a lot of traffic whizzing by in the left lane at a high rate of speed. Please send EMS and fire to assist with extrication and medical attention. I just want the police to make a clerical report. They don’t have to do anything else. Because that’s all I want, they don’t even need to show up. We can do it over the phone later.”

A. Even asking for clerical assistance is assistance.
B. There are times when you are going to expect a lot more. You may think in your mind that you have not painted yourself into a corner in you recent posts, but it should be apparent to most anyone else.

Take care.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Exemptions were common.

I'll help you out again:
NH had no vaccinations mandates which would have necessitated an exemption.

What happens in Chitcago is, well......not my problem.

Did I say anything about NH? No. Why did you?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by WAM

Ya mean like this.

Those don’t look like NH cops…….
That would probably be one of those places where they don’t get along.
Is that similar to where you live? If so, you could get involved and attempt to bridge the relationship between the PD and FD. I’m sure you could provide valuable input.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Interesting that it's not until the list reaches about 18th place that Violence by Persons appears as a significant cause of death, preceded by Transportation Accidents. Police Officers are in 22nd place, and Violence by Person is the leading cause of death. No surprise. As I posted elsewhere, when it comes to on the job homicides, LEOs are at the top of the list.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If I was seriously injured in a vehicle accident and was able to make a call, I would call for assistance from the Fire Dept/EMT , I certainly wouldn’t call for a cop.

If this fuggèr isn't a plant or Bot designed to propaganize us,
I'm a Bot.

Look at his posts/positions. If I wanted to enter a conservative group and sow seeds of doubt and discord, I'd do exactly the stuff he does.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don’t call police for assistance. Filing a paperwork report is NOT asking for ASSISTANCE. It’s clerical.

steve4102: “I’m at X and Y Streets and my car just got rear ended by a truck that hit me at a high rate of speed and caused me to hit the car in front of me. My neck is killing me and my passenger is messed up. We are trapped in the car. The driver of the truck appears to be intoxicated. There is a lot of traffic whizzing by in the left lane at a high rate of speed. Please send EMS and fire to assist with extrication and medical attention. I just want the police to make a clerical report. They don’t have to do anything else. Because that’s all I want, they don’t even need to show up. We can do it over the phone later.”

B. There are times when you are going to expect a lot more. You may think in your mind that you have not painted yourself into a corner in you recent posts, but it should be apparent to most anyone else.

Take care.

Apparently someone believed the urban legend that top docs are using Taser products as an off label epilepsy treatment.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/04/us-ne...epilepsy-is-tasered-by-cops-mid-seizure/

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Take care.

Call the Firefighters and Paramedics, cops do not need be on the scene other than to direct traffic and to fill out paperwork, clerical schit any office personnel could handle.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Take care.

Call the Firefighters and Paramedics, cops do not need be on the scene other than to direct traffic and to fill out paperwork, clerical schit any office personnel could handle.

Yeah...that'll work good.

You call for directory assistance first?

Might be tough to remember the fire dept number with the ball of your femur stuck out the back of your ass cheek.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Paul39
Interesting that it's not until the list reaches about 18th place that Violence by Persons appears as a significant cause of death, preceded by Transportation Accidents. Police Officers are in 22nd place, and Violence by Person is the leading cause of death. No surprise. As I posted elsewhere, when it comes to on the job homicides, LEOs are at the top of the list.

You could say they are at the top of the list, but the occupation at the top of the list is cab driver.

Preventing Violence against Taxicab Drivers | Blogs | CDC

"While the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and others have reported since the 1990s that the taxicab industry has a very high occurrence of workplace homicide, some are still surprised to learn that taxicab drivers face a greater risk for injury and homicide on the job than those working in law enforcement and security."

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (44mc, 35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 15 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,950
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.