Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No issues with AT&T whether here in Texas or in north Idaho and anywhere en route from Texas to north Idaho. We traveled the east coast a few years ago with zero issues. In fact, I cannot recall ever having an issue with AT&T.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I have had Trac Fone for over 7 years with no problems at all. I have purchased new phones at the Dollar Store and called and had everything changed over with no problems. I have had very good service. Maybe the area you are in makes a big difference.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
AT&T is the only provider that works where I live

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Interesting; I’ve had TracFone for several years and have been satisfied with their service. I am about ready to buy a new phone so I would be interested in knowing why they couldn’t activate your new phone.
Been out in any rather rural areas with it?

Around here, even with Verizon, I send a text or call my wife and it doesn't even notify her. Calls go straight to voicemail. Not only hers, but many times incoming calls on my phone too.

Good number of folks in town us USCellular and still they have issues too.
Geno, My son is a forester in the two counties and western Modoc, just west of you...his phone is his job...he tried a few and unbelievably, plain old WalMart Straight Talk is the best of the bunch. ST has made deals with the three big tower operators in the northstate...if you can get any service at all, ST will work. He does run a booster in his pickup though, on the advice of a techie, he bought one called HiBoost. Downloading and sending topo maps is a piece of cake now.
I will try to remember to look into that HiBoost thing.

Not sure about the truck, but if they have a model for the house we could use one here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Traveler52
All Depends on location. Up here AT&T works better than Verizon or T-Mobil.
Be advised that all the smaller carriers work off the large carriers. If the network gets busy you will be down graded to the big guys networks work for the regular subscribers.
This is apparently the problem folks out in this area have, or so I've been told.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting; I’ve had TracFone for several years and have been satisfied with their service. I am about ready to buy a new phone so I would be interested in knowing why they couldn’t activate your new phone.

Around here, even with Verizon, I send a text or call my wife and it doesn't even notify her. Calls go straight to voicemail. Not only hers, but many times incoming calls on my phone too.

Yes I have had it out on hunting and camping trips and the service has been as good as my buddies that have Verizon and better than my buddies that have ATT. My wife recently switched to Consumer Cellular because she finally got tired of the poor service and high cost of ATT.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have used Straight talk and consumer Cellular for years and from where I live to the Gulf coast it was unusual to not have service.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yes I have had it out on hunting and camping trips and the service has been as good as my buddies that have Verizon and better than my buddies that have ATT. My wife recently switched to Consumer Cellular because she finally got tired of the poor service and high cost of ATT.
Thanks

I'll relay that info to my wife as she's been thinking of changing for awhile too.

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sure wonder why you guys are so enamored with these cheap flip phones? Even an older iPhone doesn't get the reception of a newer one. The wife had an iPhone 8 and I had a 7 that worked well enough around town through the Verizon towers, but not up north at the cottage where the signal was weak. Then we had company up there and Liz had an iPhone 12 and had service and I didn't with my 7 sitting right next to her. The wife and I both got 14 Pro phones and problem solved. 4 and 5G service and what sold me was the SOS Emergency Services feature that will make a satellite call if you don't have regular 4 or 5G coverage. No small thing when a guy gets into trouble way off the beaten path. That 48 megapixel camera with the zoom isn't half bad either.

As far as cost our phone service is $19.95 a month per phone through Spectrum Mobile. That gives us 1GB of unlimited talk and text and $5.00 a GB if we go over which we never do. We use Wi-Fi calling here at the house, at the kid's houses, at a hotel and at the cottage and all those minutes don't count against our 1GB usage.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 27 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,000
Posts18,481,252
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.