K
Stihl is better than Husqvarna.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
No I don't. My IQ is above 60.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Potassium-Argon dating says the earth is a lot older than 6000 years. So do lots of other types of evidence. I'll go with that.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dons99
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Yes, I do. God created it as aged like he did Adam and Eve and all the animals. The chicken came first in order to produce eggs.
Take care!
Rick
Agree

When did whiskey enter the equation?

LOL
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
In Gen 1:1 it states that in the beginning (beginning of time, God is timeless but creation has a beginning) God created the heavens (the universe) and the earth. No one but God knows the age of the universe or this earth. One thing is clear that the heavens or the universe is older than the earth and so are the angels. In Job 38
“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
So the angels were already created when God created the earth and so were the heavens since angels had to have a place to live.
In Gen 1:2 it says that the earth was (in the original became) waste. God did not created this earth a waste and covered with water, since the original says "became" it means that some kind of judgment took place after its creation and then from Gen 1:3 and to the end of the chapter in six days God remade the earth from the wasteland it became. So yes since the remaking of the earth and creation of man is approximately 6k years. If you notice in verse 1 it says God created, that means He called into being something which was not there, but from then on He made, fashioned or formed from pre-existing matter.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I don't even think about it, unless reminded why I don't think about it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EdM
I don't even think about it, unless reminded why I don't think about it.

Pretty much

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bowmanh
Potassium-Argon dating says the earth is a lot older than 6000 years. So do lots of other types of evidence. I'll go with that.

You believe, by faith, there was no daughter product in the beginning. Why?
You believe, by faith, no parent product leached in or out for billions of years. Why?
You believe, by faith, no daughter product leached in or out for billions of years. Why?
You believe, by faith, nothing affected the radio-active rate for billions of years. Why?

Maybe you would like to explain why the ocean is so limited in its salt content.

Why are there almost no meteorites in the geological column?

Why are there only enough novas and super novas for about seven thousand years?

How did information come to be in the DNA molecule without a mind directing it? Even Dr. Crick, who discovered it, said it was to complex to originate by chance. He called it Pan Spermia. He just couldn't accept An Infinite Intelligent Energy call God did it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duke61
In Gen 1:1 it states that in the beginning (beginning of time, God is timeless but creation has a beginning) God created the heavens (the universe) and the earth. No one but God knows the age of the universe or this earth. One thing is clear that the heavens or the universe is older than the earth and so are the angels. In Job 38
“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
So the angels were already created when God created the earth and so were the heavens since angels had to have a place to live.
In Gen 1:2 it says that the earth was (in the original became) waste. God did not created this earth a waste and covered with water, since the original says "became" it means that some kind of judgment took place after its creation and then from Gen 1:3 and to the end of the chapter in six days God remade the earth from the wasteland it became. So yes since the remaking of the earth and creation of man is approximately 6k years. If you notice in verse 1 it says God created, that means He called into being something which was not there, but from then on He made, fashioned or formed from pre-existing matter.

The word you used for "became" in Verse Two is the same word used for every day of creation. It certainly does not mean there was some kind of judgement prior each day of creation or prior to Chapter Three when a judgement is mentioned. You are adding to God's Word.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Can’t be. Ingwe has been around for at least 10,000 years.

I stopped picking on him about his age when I discovered I was even older….

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
the Flying Spaghetti Monster said the Earth is 400 zillion years old.

go here to apply....

https://www.spaghettimonster.org/about/

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
God did whatever he did, and it took whatever time it took or didn’t. As creator of all, including time and the laws of nature, he’s able to do whatever he wants….. within or outside of those constraints.

I’m certainly not going to critique how he chose to describe that to a bunch of Bronze Age (or earlier) nomads living in tents….

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How old is your house? 5, 10, 20 years old?

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most Christians do not believe the timeline in the Bible is literal. It is not a book on science. Moses was not laying down scientific facts for doctoral students. It's a book about salvation. Apply the principles in the book to your life, or don't. Your choice.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Where does it say in Bible the earth was flat or that the sun revolved around the Earth? Watch “Is Genesis History” by Geologist Steve Austin.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Longbob
Can’t be. Ingwe has been around for at least 10,000 years.

I didn't see this before I posted, but I am not a believer of follower of the young Ingwe theory.

He saw Adam, Eve, and Moses, playin’ ring around the roses.

He's the reason Lilith ditched Adam.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
there was no daughter product in the beginning. Why?

The answer is, the parent nuclide & the daughter nuclide can be so chemically different that the crystal containing the parent nuclide will exclude the daughter nuclide at the time of formation.

no parent product leached in or out for billions of years. Why? nothing affected the radio-active rate for billions of years. Why?

It’s true that most radioactive isotopes and elements have half-lives ranging from microseconds to thousands of years. Any radioactivity left over from those elements has disappeared long, long ago. So how is it that such a long time later, there’s still plenty of radioactivity in the ground? Simple. The most common radioactive elements in the Earth’s crust all have long half lives, which is why they are still present. For example Thorium 232 has a half life of 14 billion years. U-238, the most common isotope of uranium, has a half-life of 4.5 billion years. That’s almost exactly the age of the Earth. Half the U-238 that was in the original material of the Earth is still there.

Maybe you would like to explain why the ocean is so limited in its salt content.

A paper by Livingstone in 1963 entitled "The sodium cycle and the age of the ocean" presents many reasons for why changing salinity of the sea is neither a consistent process nor expected to be over time and thus is useless as a chronometer. Data collected from 1950 to 2000 concludes that some parts of the ocean have indeed increased their salinity over those years but there are many oceans for which the salinity decreased over the same period of time. It seems that on balance the salinity of the oceans is not changing much at all.

Why are there almost no meteorites in the geological column?

The Earth actually does have craters, but they may not be as prominent as those on other celestial bodies due to various factors. Erosion, plate tectonics, and the atmosphere can all contribute to the gradual disappearance or masking of impact craters on Earth's surface. Additionally, Earth's active geological processes constantly reshape the planet's surface, further obscuring evidence of past impacts. However, there are still visible impact craters on Earth, such as the Barringer Crater in Arizona and the Chicxulub Crater in Mexico.

Why are there only enough novas and super novas for about seven thousand years?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You mask a claim as a question. What evidence do you have that there have been too few supernovae? Multiple supernovae are detected every year across the universe. But keep in mind that of the main sequence stars in the galaxy, 80% are M-type red dwarfs which have a lifetime of 200 billion years and masses of that are 20% of the Sun. So, immediately you can exempt those from going supernovae. The same goes for F, G and K-type stars with a mass only 1.5, 1.0 and 0.7 solar masses, respectively. Those classes of stars account for a total of 13.5% of the main sequence stars. O and B-type main sequence stars have masses of 10-50 times the mass of the Sun, so they will definitely go supernovae and become black holes. But collectively, they account for only about 0.1% of all stars.

Anything else you would like to know?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LegalEagle
Where does it say in Bible the earth was flat or that the sun revolved around the Earth? Watch “Is Genesis History” by Geologist Steve Austin.

Which verses are you referring to?

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.