Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#19362038 04/05/24
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone compete in NRL 22?

Few ranges around here have matches and a buddy and I are going to check it out tomorrow.

Looking to start out in the base class and curious to know if anyone on here has any input.

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My first match is in 2 weeks. Pretty excited.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
NH - Good luck

Seemed like a good group of people at the match we attended today. 25-30 people, only a couple people running base.

Few guys with 7-8k rigs, mostly low to mid range open but they were competing well.

Last edited by 69sportfury; 04/07/24.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Thanks and you too.

I'm Running base to see if I enjoy it. If I do I'll but a more competition platform next year.

No worries on my end its been getting me to the range weekly for the entire winter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This will be my first season upcoming. Still waiting on my gun back from the smith, running behind schedule. I went all out and built an open rig from the get go. RimX, Kreiger straight 1.25” barrel, MDT ACC Elite chassis, TT Diamond trigger, Vortex Gen 3 Razor HD 6-36x56.

NH Hunter, will definitely have to link up with you. I plan on hitting some of the matches at the Pemi club this year.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Guide gun sounds good. I'll be there two weeks from today for the members only inaugural. If not, see you in may.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NRL22 and Rimfire PRS are a blast to shoot!

My biggest piece of advice would be to take what you have and don't stress about the classes. If it's an established match or if there are experienced shooters there, you will be able to borrow gear and ask for help.

My second piece of advice is to go to the NRL22 website and download the course of fire for this month. It tells you the distance and size of each target at each stage. It also tells you how you will shoot the stage and what props you'll shoot off of.

Make sure you know your dope and practice getting into positions quickly as well as transitioning from one prop to the next.

A lot of first-time shooters in matches I've shot in didn't seem to do any of these things, but the ones who did seem calm and seemed to enjoy the match more. Those shooters are also the ones that routinely came back again and again.

Most importantly, have fun! If you miss a target or time out, relax, and don't let that ruin the rest of the stage or the rest of the match.

Report back after the match and let us know how it went!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My kid and I have been doing it for the last 3 months. I wish I would have got her into it at the beginning of the season, she’s really racking up points.

It’s a lot of fun, and really great for training getting into a shooting position fast and practicing most of the fundamentals. The only downside is the lack of recoil, I’ll get her back on centerfire this month so we will see if all the rimfire shooting hurt the centerfire performance due to lack of recoil management.

My kid and I share a tikka T1x. Only mods are a vertical grip and a steel arca rail to get some weight out front so it balances properly in front of the magazine. It’s crazy accurate with center-x, but has some intermittent ejection issues. So we keep a spare mag holder on the rifle. You need a scope that tracks. Was using a SWFA 10x side parallax which is actually really good, except the 5mils per rev on the turret. It’s too easy to get lost when you go above 2 revs (10mils) as we found out when shooting a bonus stage that went out to ~300, so swapped it out for a maven rs1.2 (10mil/rev turret)with white turret tape so we can mark it for faster dialing

Only wish I would have got into this sooner. And I really found out I need the training more than my kid does.

We are going to try out a 22x match in a couple weeks

Sean

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.