Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
It requires a license from the Railroad Commission in Texas. Take a class and a test, easy thing for plumbers. The line should have no traps. I’d use black pipe, looks much better in my opinion. It needs tested, every joint soaped. I’d hire it done, propane is heavier than air, will accumulate in low areas, more dangerous than natural gas. Drip legs on each piece of equipment. It needs to be sized by the combined BTU’s of appliances
I guess I will need to figure out what appliances I want to get the set up right.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
A trencher with the right teeth for the job will cut lava rock . I forgot to say if you go with plastic type pipe, on the ends come up from the bottom of the ditch with black iron. Some things you need permits on . This is one. If your house burns down and your insurance company finds out, you could be in a mess!

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I wonder if I would be better off doing a built in generator and forget adding propane?
I would still have the ability to run the house minus water. Our shared well doesn’t have a generator to run the pump.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Insurance is getting to be a pain. I don’t owe on this house and contemplate telling them to cancel my policy. So far I have been able to keep the premium close to the same price for the last few years. Even with 40% increase quotes.
They have been able to change programs and keep the premium low. About $1000 annually plus umbrella. We have been with them for 25 years and never had a homeowner claim
Last year we had the house being painted and had to move a steel pergola away from the house to fix dry rot. Approx 50 mile an hour winds blew it over. I notified the insurance but have not filed the claim yet. Im afraid they will raise the rates or cancel us. I have a $2500 deductible and the approx cost to have it re done is about $7000. I may just build a wood pergola or a patio cover. I have a few months to decide.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Propane is a nice fuel source. A generator you still have to fuel. You could plumb for a propane generator. If you figure your deductible plus a possible increase with a claim , you might be better not filing a claim. If I build a shop in the future, it will be fire resistant. Concrete walls, metal roof, etc with fire sprinklers. I will not insure for fire, just public liability in case someone gets hurt on the property. I think we are going to see big changes in material choices soon do to insurance premiums.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Helped a friend lay out for propane tank, trench, through foundation for furnace/ water heater. Furnace guys did install and leak test twice after failed flex connection.
Inspector looked past a couple things and passed it.
I never checked to see if they grounded it to the panel.
Did my own myself with black pipe and the inspector even double checked the ground wire gauge and clamp before signing off.

An auto insurance mention, A rock from semi busted my windshield, inquired about coverage but had it replaced on my own. Later when paying insurance online I noticed a recent claim on my account. Yep, claim was for my windshield that I paid for on my own. Took me 4 hours over 3 months to get that removed and rate increase off. Gotta watch those guys!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Ask the supplier. Here they have requirements that are silly but they won't connect you if you don't follow their requirements. We just had a cabin hooked up.

Its all silly, till someone loses an eye!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (22250rem, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,470
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.