Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by shrapnel
She can shine and have her days of glory, but I feel bad for Pete Maravich because he scored all his points against men’s teams without a 3 point goal line…

Maravich only played in 83 games compared to 139 that Clark played in.

There’s really no comparison if looking at the two career college stats honestly. But honesty rarely fits the narrative these days.

But, but, but she's a female.......and that's ALL that matters!

FJB & FJT
GB1

U
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by shrapnel
She can shine and have her days of glory, but I feel bad for Pete Maravich because he scored all his points against men’s teams without a 3 point goal line…

Also a 3 year time period for Pistol Pete and 4 years for her.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by SenderoMan
Being originally from Iowa, I enjoyed watching the games. Definitely a lot of talent on that team, but it won't be the same next year.
Seems to be a fair amount of speculation about the gender of a couple of players on the SC team, even my mother (78 years old) thought they looked like men.
Add to the fact the coach is in favor of transgender players makes you wonder...

My 86 year old mama said the same thing. I was on the road and didn’t watch any of the game.

As said I jumped in during second half play for a while and I’d also caught some of Iowas previous game and the height/body comparison of Angel Reese from that game and the center for UConn both close in height was entirely different structurally. Angel is a woman no doubt. UConn I’m convinced has otherwise, twice.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Pistol Pete played in an all-white league. Does that matter?
I'm not trying to take anything away from him. He was a wizard with a basketball.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Can’t compare the men’s game to the women’s game. They use a different ball.

It’s like softball v. baseball.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duckcall
Pistol Pete played in an all-white league. Does that matter?
I'm not trying to take anything away from him. He was a wizard with a basketball.

College - he was 67-70
NCAA was integrated long before that. 62 Loyola was starting 4 black guys every game.

Me

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I know that the internet isn't always true, but it said that the SEC was white only when he played. That's just what I read.

Last edited by duckcall; 04/08/24. Reason: spelling
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know that the internet isn't always true, but it said that the SEC was white only when he played. That's just what I read.

The SEC was officially integrated, but the teams were mostly still white. Pete Maravich is a contender for the most over-rated player of all time. He played for his dad (coach's kid) at LSU. Dad put up with Pete's antics as his teams did nothing. Pete moved on to the NBA and his teams did nothing there either.

Fun to watch in a loss.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JOG

The SEC was officially integrated, but the teams were mostly still white. Pete Maravich is a contender for the most over-rated player of all time. He played for his dad (coach's kid) at LSU. Dad put up with Pete's antics as his teams did nothing. Pete moved on to the NBA and his teams did nothing there either.

Fun to watch in a loss.

Maravich wasn't in the NBA long, playing just ten seasons in the league, but he was dominant during his peak, and that helped him earn his place in the Hall of Fame. While Maravich accomplished a lot, he didn't end up winning a championship in his career

Last edited by jwp475; 04/08/24.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Babylon Bee:

CLEVELAND, OH — Prior to the NCAA championship game, South Carolina Women's basketball coach Dawn Staley announced a pair of exciting incoming freshmen recruits named Greg and Dave.

"Forget Caitlin -- let's see how her scoring record holds up to a 7-foot beast that can drain threes," said Staley. "Welcome Greg and Dave to the Lady Gamecocks!"

According to sources, Greg Billings helped lead the Boys' Preparatory Academy of Tampa to the Florida state finals before announcing this spring he had become a chick. "After not receiving an offer from any SEC men's teams, I'm happy to announce that I am now totally a woman," said the seven-foot, 230-pound center. "I'm glad to finally be living my authentic self as the top women's basketball recruit in the country, and to get in that locker room. Thanks, Coach Staley!"

Recruiting services rank incoming freshman Dave Marshall out of Ohio as the number two recruit, a stud power forward who set the state record for number of dunks this past season. "Lob city, baby!" said Marshall. "I'm 'bout to dunk all over these little girls. We're about to break some backboards, South Carolina! Have some!"

At publishing time, the nation remained unsurprised that the first trans D-I athletes would be playing for a team called the "Lady Gamecocks".

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Clark is the green dot on this points/assists plot.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Don't compare.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

718 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 63 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,302
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.