Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Maybe you dumb shìts can get a fireman to open a case for you when some illegal runs your wife down.

Or a garbage man perhaps.

Buncha HOA Karens.

Either one will get you the same results here.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Maybe you dumb shìts can get a fireman to open a case for you when some illegal runs your wife down.

Buncha HOA Karens.

Fireman/garbage man isn't likely to shoot me, my family or my dog tho when they show up for the report.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RJY66
One of my tenants works over in SC and lives here in Georgia. The other day she got pulled in SC for having either a tail or tag light out. This is what is called a gateway stop. The cop pulls you for something minor because he can and it gives him a chance to check for warrants, guns, drugs, bodies in the trunk, whatever.

Anyway, the cop writes my tenant a ticket for the tail light being out and tells her she has to get a receipt for the repair, bring it to court, and the judge will dismiss the ticket. Turns out the court date is gonna put her in a bind as she is getting married the week of it so she told me she is just gonna pay the ticket and get two points on her license. The ticket is 200 dollars. For nothing.

I am a supporter of law and order but this kind of BS grinds my gears no end.

Had I been the cop I could not have put the young woman through all that BS over nothing. I would have told her to fix it and if I caught her again with it out then she was gonna get it. I have had cops tell me the exact same thing. But this Dickk had to write her up. Its not like there are not enough idiots driving like bats out of hell that they needed the money from this.
The “new” , well maybe not new, but being used more and more is the Phony Tinted Windows Stop.

Pull you over for no reason whatsoever, demand ID, etc. and when called on it, they resort to the Phony “Tinted Windows Check, even when the windows have no tint at all other than factory.

Always film the police, always, they are not your friend, remain silent, do not answer questions and film them, if you do otherwise you are fuqked.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Locally, we have a competent sheriff and a competent city police chief. In turn, they keep their respective departments staffed with decent people for the most part. The state troopers here, however, are out of control.

There are some neighboring towns who do not have competent leadership, and it shows in their staff. The snake rots from the head down.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Buncha HOA Karens.
The cops as usual show up after the fact and they're the reason that a person can't dole out vigilanty justice. The police should also realize that oFfIcEr SaFeTy isn't in the constitution.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great thread, exposing a general problem not just with LEOs, but with any government agency that gives little men a big badge and some power.

Law enforcement employees with personality disorders are a segment that is especially dangerous; they’re armed

What was brought up earlier about LEOs enforcing unconstitutional and immoral orders is spot on. LE are elected politician’s personal military force. They’ll do what they’re told to keep their paychecks at the sacrifice of the Oath.

If that’s a lie, why don’t they have the integrity to immediately arrest governors who decree blatantly unconstitutional edicts on the governed?

Last edited by rcamuglia; 04/08/24.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fire up the Lenco Bearcat, that man down the road didn't pay his speeding ticket and he needs a 4:00 AM SWAT raid to enforce compliance.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don’t forget it was Law Enforcement that Raided Trump’s home as well as Roger Stone’s

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Last edited by steve4102; 04/08/24.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

His pension is secure.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
And shot and killed Randy Weaver's wife. Not to mention the 80 or so who went up in smoke at Waco.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I had a good conversation with a KSP guy who went in in the 50’s and retired in the 80’s. His observation of 10 year ago officers, their tactics and attitudes compared to when he was SP was quite interesting. He saw a big down turn in the humanity of the then current force that he knew.

Lack of human touch was more the lacking element that he noted. He was an honorable man and a man of integrity so his opinion goes a long way with me.

I’m sure that dictated tactics add to the problem but the problem runs deeper and is likely nothing more than a reflection of our society as a whole. Let’s recall the where lack of common sense and Karenites witnessed driving the Chinese flu event.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Rapier
The worst always get the notoriety and paint job that the rest must wear or live with. It is unfortunate that some hires just do not get the message, that people are not to blame for their own perception, the perception originates from the bad behavior of the bad apples.
But, if you see or hear something out of place, as a tax payer and a citizen, it is you, that needs to say something to the Boss, not to the Cop. At least every report goes into the personal file, and it stays there.

Believe me, the honest cops appreciate the public getting rid of the bad apples in their ranks for them.
Originally Posted by Rapier
The worst always get the notoriety and paint job that the rest must wear or live with. It is unfortunate that some hires just do not get the message, that people are not to blame for their own perception, the perception originates from the bad behavior of the bad apples.
But, if you see or hear something out of place, as a tax payer and a citizen, it is you, that needs to say something to the Boss, not to the Cop. At least every report goes into the personal file, and it stays there.

Believe me, the honest cops appreciate the public getting rid of the bad apples in their ranks for them.

That is some funny stuff right there. Sure go ahead and file a complaint if they even let you... Then see what happens, nothing. Also, it should be the other officers getting rid of the offers before it becomes a problem with the public. How long have these good cops stood by and watched the bad cops do what they do until something so egregious happens they have to move on to another department

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Be very, very concerned and take cover when a female training officer yells taser , taser, taser during a traffic stop. Bullets are gunna fly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Dess
Start paying lawsuits out of pensions instead of taxpayer funds, and the cops would start policing their own. The crap of investigating themselves and claiming they did nothing wrong is a joke.

Outlawing civil asset forfeiture too. Seizing cash without charges and convictions is a police shakedown and theft.
Getting rid of Qualified Immunity would be a great place to start.

Do you really believe that? There's no way in hell that you'd get anyone to do police work if they were subject to lawsuit every time they hurt someone's feelings. As it stands now, there is a mechanism for holding them legally accountable for their wrongs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal

Buncha HOA Karens.

Fireman/garbage man isn't likely to shoot me, my family or my dog tho when they show up for the report.

You are generally a thoughtful poster, but this is wacko.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Buncha HOA Karens.

You believe that police/leo do not shoot dogs and people in error? More or less often than a fireman? Statistically speaking.

Hell they get the entire HOUSE wrong, much less the person.

There is a reason why, basically, every person gets nervous when LEO pulls out behind them - even if they're doing no wrong.
There is a reason why the BEST advice, legally, even if you've done nothing wrong, is to NEVER EVER talk to the police.

There is a reason why I, don't ever, want to interact with and also never EVER trust a police officer. And that includes the ones I've known since 8th grade (now retired).

The heavy boot of the state is never connected to a politician but always a LEO first. As someone who values freedom - supporting LEO today in this country is 100% opposite of that.

I get it - we live in dangerous times. The fact that "I was scared" is a good enough excuse for LEO to shoot someone/something that also doesn't apply to Joe down the block is 10000% bullchit. Hell, it's not even that anymore as we saw with the kidnap girl being shot for following instructions. No weapon - shot because she moved.

LE SHOULD BE selected to be scared and maintain a level head.

This country is on a collision course with wide open civil disruption and chaos. In the PAST when that's happened. LEO has turned their back on the perpetrators and essentially allowed the victims to be made. It's evident, after the summer of 2020 - that LEO will not and does not look out for the average citizen and given the order - will squash the constitution of citizens to "feel safe". I'm reminded of people pulled out of public meetings for lack of a mask while BLM burned the city down.

Naw - I saw and studied up close the fall of other countries with heavy LEO/Police presence like Yugoslavia and saw the work those LEO did in their country when the crap hit the fan - we're doing the same here and on the same path. There is no vend diagram, it's a single circle.

Sorry - I don't ignore the combination of the Gadsden Flag sticker next to a "Thin blue line" sticker on the truck.

And lest anyone get me wrong - I've never been arrested. This isn't about what was done to me but what I see happening in our society. Color me "unimpressed" by LEO and their concerns about hurt feelings. Much like you'd never trust someone who wants to be a politician because it's a power grab, it's more and more evident the same applies to law enforcement. Wasn't always that way.

Like all things - point of view, stereotypes or slurs are often earned.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Buncha HOA Karens.

You believe that police/leo do not shoot dogs and people in error? Hell they get the entire HOUSE wrong, much less the person.

There is a reason why, basically, every person gets nervous when LEO pulls out behind them - even if they're doing no wrong.
There is a reason why the BEST advice, legally, even if you've done nothing wrong, is to NEVER EVER talk to the police.

There is a reason why I, don't ever, want to interact with and also never EVER trust a police officer. And that includes the ones I've known since 8th grade (now retired).

The heavy boot of the state is never connected to a politician but always a LEO first. As someone who values freedom - supporting LEO today in this country is 100% opposite of that.

I get it - we live in dangerous times. The fact that "I was scared" is a good enough excuse for LEO to shoot someone/something that also doesn't apply to Joe down the block is 10000% bullchit. Hell, it's not even that anymore as we saw with the kidnap girl being shot for following instructions. No weapon - shot because she moved.

LE SHOULD BE selected to be scared and maintain a level head.

This country is on a collision course with wide open civil disruption and chaos. In the PAST when that's happened. LEO has turned their back on the perpetrators and essentially allowed the victims to be made. It's evident, after the summer of 2020 - that LEO will not and does not look out for the average citizen and given the order - will squash the constitution of citizens to "feel safe". I'm reminded of people pulled out of public meetings for lack of a mask while BLM burned the city down.

Naw - I saw and studied up close the fall of other countries with heavy LEO/Police presence like Yugoslavia and saw the work those LEO did in their country when the crap hit the fan - we're doing the same here and on the same path. There is no vend diagram, it's a single circle.

Sorry - I don't ignore the combination of the Gasden Flag sticker next to a "Thin blue line" sticker on the truck.

And lest anyone get me wrong - I've never been arrested. This isn't about what was done to me but what I see done to others.
You do know that you are talking to Pauline here, right. Nuff said.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As it stands now, there is a mechanism for holding them legally accountable for their wrongs.

But you'd have to lowyer up - you know how much that would cost you personally, on average, PB?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
without the police, Stalin would have been just a fellow with some bad ideas.

It doesn’t take any more time to find records of good cops doing their job every day and all you cop hating people want to do is beat up law enforcement and hope you will never need their services.

The best thing that could happen is to have your safety threatened and then call the plumber or garbage man for assistance. There are 10’s of thousands of cops on the streets every day, dealing with scum and criminals so you won’t be bothered by them. You don’t see that, just look for the bad apple and then continue with you cop hating mantra.

You are not only ignorant, you are pathetic…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, 8 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,574
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.