Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
The best money I ever spent on a Firearm/Firearm Accessory, was money spent on a quality suppressor. I have a 16 inch Christensen Arms Ridgeline, chambered in 308 Win. With a Silencerco Omega can onboard, it is handy, wieldy, and deadly out of a hunting blind. Absolutely safe without hearing protection, and a joy to hunt with. This rifle from Tikka is a step in the right direction for folks who don't have to hunt in wet weather where the wood can be a detriment.
I’m right there with ya. A suppressor was one of the best firearms purchases I’ve made. Truly made shooting fun again - like being a kid with a new box of 22 ammo.

Oh. My. Fking. Gawd!
You need a centerfire rifle to sound like a .22lr to enjoy it?! Awe, u poor wittle baby, with your sensitive little ear drums.

Try a fking 50 cal machine gun, where your issued 3m plugs didn't seal good in yer greasy fkn ear canals.

Because you hadn't showered in over a week on a mission in a combat zone.

Oh my gawd; I'll be laughing for DAYS.

Are you per chance related to Swamplord? Asking for a friend.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The best money I ever spent on a Firearm/Firearm Accessory, was money spent on a quality suppressor. I have a 16 inch Christensen Arms Ridgeline, chambered in 308 Win. With a Silencerco Omega can onboard, it is handy, wieldy, and deadly out of a hunting blind. Absolutely safe without hearing protection, and a joy to hunt with. This rifle from Tikka is a step in the right direction for folks who don't have to hunt in wet weather where the wood can be a detriment.
I’m right there with ya. A suppressor was one of the best firearms purchases I’ve made. Truly made shooting fun again - like being a kid with a new box of 22 ammo.

Oh. My. Fking. Gawd!
You need a centerfire rifle to sound like a .22lr to enjoy it?! Awe, u poor wittle baby, with your sensitive little ear drums.

Try a fking 50 cal machine gun, where your issued 3m plugs didn't seal good in yer greasy fkn ear canals.

Dip into the booze a bit early today?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And yes, I used the M2 and Barrett in Iraq. All the more reason to use a suppressor now, and save what hearing remains.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SKane

Oh. My. Fking. Gawd!

Are you per chance related to Swamplord? Asking for a friend.

Sht no, I missed a 2 wolves at roughly 400yds, coupla weeks back. Ole swamp would've got 2 with 1 shot.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
And yes, I used the M2 and Barrett in Iraq. All the more reason to use a suppressor now, and save what hearing remains.

Congratulations, you've reached a new threshold of sh it, stacked.

Whats your name?? Let's see photos of these cheeseburgers you supposedly ate in iraq.......

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/08/24.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Still waiting Prarie_twatt. Common man. My favorite so far, is your legendary crying about a fkn clapped out M249 in basic.

Did the screamin eagle patch hurt you fkn ears too?

I'm gonna go run some dog teams. Gotta dump of fresh snow. End of day I'll check in.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/08/24.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A

Oh. My. Fking. Gawd!

We should all just bow at your feet!

The interior of AK seems to suit you well. You should move a little further into the bush and do us all a favor. Preferably far enough where there’s no outside communication.

Did you make sure you got your name in for that class action law suit against 3M? Might pay you enough to buy some Midol.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bob, do u just waltz around and stick yer di ck in light sockets for no apparent reason?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Oh. My. Fking. Gawd!

We should all just bow at your feet!

The interior of AK seems to suit you well. You should move a little further into the bush and do us all a favor. Preferably far enough where there’s no outside communication.

Did you make sure you got your name in for that class action law suit against 3M? Might pay you enough to buy some Midol.

Hahaha! That's gold!
But don't ya know, hearing damage makes you a badazz! crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Those worried about hearing, I'll bet north of 75% of all hunting shots taken while standing up are done without hearing protection. Simple fact of the matter.
Longer barrels are certainly more noise friendly than short ones. A suppressed 16" barrel is easier on the ears than a naked 26".
I have a 308 with 18" barrel that i built just to shoot suppressed. While shooting at a pair of blacktails last year, my buddy commented how nice it was that my rifle was suppressed.. if I'm at the range, i wear protection, in the field, i need to hear stuff and don't always have time to put plugs in.

My main goal with reducing muzzle blast to lessen impact on the cattle and dog that rides in the pickup. And myself if I'm shooting from the cab. I used to pack a 243 Montana for a truck gun and it was too loud for shooting out of the cab, the dog hated it and I didn't do it for more that just a couple coyotes.

I shoot a chitload of shotgun without hearing protection and the occasional rifle without but for a truck gun I like the idea of suppressed.

My 300 Blackout gunbroker order flaked out so I had to order another one this morning. I really want to try subsonic ammo with the suppressor, it looks neater than hell in youtube vids.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Those worried about hearing, I'll bet north of 75% of all hunting shots taken while standing up are done without hearing protection. Simple fact of the matter.
Longer barrels are certainly more noise friendly than short ones. A suppressed 16" barrel is easier on the ears than a naked 26".
I have a 308 with 18" barrel that i built just to shoot suppressed. While shooting at a pair of blacktails last year, my buddy commented how nice it was that my rifle was suppressed.. if I'm at the range, i wear protection, in the field, i need to hear stuff and don't always have time to put plugs in.

My main goal with reducing muzzle blast to lessen impact on the cattle and dog that rides in the pickup. And myself if I'm shooting from the cab. I used to pack a 243 Montana for a truck gun and it was too loud for shooting out of the cab, the dog hated it and I didn't do it for more that just a couple coyotes.

I shoot a chitload of shotgun without hearing protection and the occasional rifle without but for a truck gun I like the idea of suppressed.

My 300 Blackout gunbroker order flaked out so I had to order another one this morning. I really want to try subsonic ammo with the suppressor, it looks neater than hell in youtube vids.

Shot my little blackout today. Stuck in the office doing paperwork all day and about every 30 min I’d open the back door and blast dirt clods in the field behind the house.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One quick hijack and then I'll be quiet...

What are the specs on your Blackout and what ammo?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rem 700AAC with a take off sporter contour barrel that came on the model seven AAC, faux Ti stock cut for pt&g DBM, timney trigger, mdt mags, SWfA 1-4x, Silencerco harvester 30.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Been working on a 500rd bulk box of 208 Amax loads I bought awhile back. Ordered some Barnes 110gr to load to try supers in it. Only shoot subs now.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
With a 50yd zero it’s dropping roughly 2 mils at 100, 4.25 at 150 and 6.75 at 200. The little SWfA works great at that short range.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
10-4 brother, looks good!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you're going to shoot subs from a 300 blackout, try to find a bullet that will expand, like the 190 SubX. I say that because the 300 blk is terrible for ricochets on hard ground, which describes Eastern Montana for about 10.5 months out of the year! Shooting p-dogs with a 300 Blackout with subs, and hearing the bullet sail through the p-dog and off into space was less than ideal, and could be a really bad deal when shooting amongst stock.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's something to think about, thanks for sharing. Sorta like shooting pistol at paper in the winter time and ever other shot is zing....

I'm pretty careful and never shoot if cows are in the background but regardless good to know.

I ordered this ammo, replacement order gun is supposed to be here on Thursday so maybe I can sneak away from the cows and get a test run in this weekend.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001854094?pid=995327

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In my experience, the subsonic 300 blk has zingers on steroids with typical match type hollow points.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Oh. My. Fking. Gawd!

I just recently got a suppressor and it is outstanding. Yes some rifles should never have one, but I’ve got a 24” 6.5 prc and a 16” Ruger ranch 5.56 that wear it. Yes the prc is awfully long but I’m moslty in open country using it. The coyotes, deer, antelope and elk don’t like it, but my ears do. The $200 paper work and wait do suck but I love shooting suppressed. Not sure I’m onboard with this tikka. My little Ruger is an ugly little rascal too but for whatever reason I like it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.